March 19, 2024, 01:29:07 am

Author Topic: Your favorite top5 FFA Players of all time!  (Read 36993 times)

Lightweight!

Your favorite top5 FFA Players of all time!
« on: November 02, 2011, 03:46:06 pm »
Yo guys, im interested about to know what your favorite top 5 FFA players of all time are. I would like to have five names and for every name a short explanation why he is your favorite.

TOP 5;
1. Invincible_Rice (:orc:) > dominated ladder on all realms for a big term and made berserks gold.
2. F-L-Y (:ne: or  :ud:) > brought his solo micro into ffa and dominated azeroth.
3. Darknesscalls (:orc:) > how to beat this guy without teaming?
4. xoz_magadansky & 4k.Fury (:ud:) > came from solo to ffa to show how undead should be played.
5. Nline (:orc:) > he surprised us with his innovative orc gamestyle and was first to play alchi first with orc.

Offline KiLLyoSeLF

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: KiLLyoSeLF
  • Race: Random
Re: Your favorite top5 FFA Players of all time!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 03:50:56 pm »
Huh? To almost every explanation.

And I have not seen Maga or Fury do anything that you couldn't have learned from fly years before. Maga first started playing custom games (like FML) and had to start playing like fly because he was losing games he shouldn't have...

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Ebo
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 04:04:51 pm »
I'll take uniqueness over skilled cheese any time.

1. Rice pre-cheese era. TC DR PL. A little more cheesy with FS SH TC but still. His 2 food HHs were like 5 food chims, each.

2. LordOblivion_kz. WN POTM. Probably the most fundamental NE player since the beginning of time.

3. BobasVett. DK DR PL. Unique playstyle unlike 2342389572354 of the typical (myself included) tri-cheese abusers.

4. Marn. No need to elaborate on this one.

5. Fly. He cheesed, but at least he played Random.

In terms of skilled cheese, it's basically interchangable, and everyone on top has about same skill, and wins/loses depending on how hard they get teamed or simply luck.

1 - UD. Maga, PencilWarrior, KingofKirblar, Killer.dk, Bobas or FinalFantasy

2 - Orc. DasElend, Darkness/SS, Zench, Nline, Rice, Fluff.head, PeaceDoorBall

3 - NE. Lost, Nooblex, XHunters, probably a few others  from way back I forget by now

4 - RND. Fly, Rabbit, Eshan, XX, Target probably a few others  from way back I forget by now

Not listing HU for obvious reasons.

Boobles.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 04:54:16 pm by rygorych »

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Slythe
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 04:10:01 pm »
i will only name players who are not playing (currently) anymore.

1. Plush:

i only saw one game by him live, but that was enough. he is orignally orc i   
    guess, but he were owning everyone with elf in that one. saw a couple of reps by
    him  and he played outstanding in every single on of them.

2.  Ntropy:

a absolute term in the way of style in these busy times ;-). His come-from-behind   
     wins are classics.

3.  f-l-y:

as undead mostly :). his hit and run / overall game-mechanics understanding is just
    as blast to watch. like his emo-style aswell :P.

4. lost.ancient/ nooblex:

elfish twins in the way of
    perfecting a strategy, which they been using exclusively. their bases/ 
    buildorders/ micro are flawless most of the time.

5.  XX:

master of wyrm-caster/ necrowagon /macro and keeping it straight with his p4k-
    attitude ( lol at him playing in fml ladder-season 1, 11 games/ 10 losses / 1 win (
    which he never posted)

honorable mention: Nline
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 05:38:45 pm by Slythe »

Offline Q-veta

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Jewish.Banker
  • Race: Human
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 04:15:51 pm »
2.  Ntropy:

a absolute term in the way of style in these busy times ;-). His come-from-behind   
     wins are classics.
His come-from-behind wins vs me were farm hiding until I disconnected. I still haven't forgiven him for doing that twice.

Offline KiLLyoSeLF

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: KiLLyoSeLF
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 04:42:09 pm »
1. plush - ork
2. F-L-Y - random
3. Lost.Ancient - night elf
4. Wrecktify - human
5. tegraT - random (I liked his ladder games more than FML games)
6. XX - undead, though entirely for play style not race use

Offline darkermirror

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: darkermirror
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 04:43:24 pm »
I am voting based on how fun replay was to watch for me
1) Plush what a genius srsly
2) XX was so fun to watch him owning human/orc with his crazy micro and heroes something ud doesnt always do
3) Lost.ancient best elf micro ever
4) Nooblex what a macro monster. No one imo macroed better. It is difficult to hoard and not get teamed or hoard and win vs teaming cos one knows the race so well uses heros so well and has such a genius base
5) fly who might disagree with 3 and 4. amazing micro and i remember the great use of dark ritual to own other ppls hero lvls. maga should learn from that. however i also remember snamuh owning the shit out of him cos snamuh was a genius
that brings me to bobas vett who was also amazing for his hero combo and micro eg beating lel in fights and other great orcs. srsly ud you need to wagon+frostdestro more.

however honorable mention for Target mk pala I remember one game where he was only 50 with gyros and hardly lost gyros was on silverpine vs neo geo?? or some elfs was amazing-anyone got that one??, Under.Sta.
Anyone got oblivion_kz replays???

Offline TooManySecrets

• Peon
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: TooManySecrets
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 04:49:56 pm »
#1 Invincible_Rice   absolutely no question about that
#2 - ?  there are many candidats :-)

Offline RaD

• Peon
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML|RaD
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 05:04:39 pm »
#1. Kow3.Target
#2. Invincible.Rice
#3. F-L-Y
#4. Magadansky
#5. Lost.Ancient

Offline Q-veta

• Tauren
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 05:30:15 pm »
This may be controversial but based on the games I've played with him, LordOblivion_KZ is terrible. Like really terrible.

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Ebo
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 05:40:39 pm »
He wasn't outstanding, not comparing to target, xx or fly or lost, but he was unique and one of the first to pave the way. I'd say he was around nooblex's skill level, maybe a little lower.

Toodles

Offline Cheerio

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Undelicious
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 05:50:46 pm »
seeing as i've never played FFA i purely judge upon my joy watching these people;

1)
DasElend - so offensive, refusing to manip, first FFA i ever watched was of him winning on market in a fast 3-way getting teamed and won against 2*100armies with his single. after that i became a fan.

2)
Nooblex - After watching that one game i searched the internet through for replays, and i really had a lot of fun watching him play. like some guy said above me, this guy was a good macro'er, and most importantly people knew that. So when they were in a game with him, they would be like "lol, blex probably has 10k by now", and by then he would probably have 15. so being known for macro'in, but still having more than decent micro and doing some great 100pushes. i liked

3)
Nightmare. or Nightmar3 - the undead guy that only played on bnet and went 1v1 - won, 1v1 -won, 1v1 - win game. i loved watching his insane micro and so aggressive playstyle.

4)
Invincible.Rice - this is where things will get tricky for me contra how you feel like it. Because i didn't know about this guy for months while watching through what i could find on the internet, so I got to know about the others first, but still this guy would run through opponents like they were butter. (But again, i had heard so great things about him before i ever watched a replay, that i was not as entertained as with some of the others)

5)
for the last spot i could not decide, so i will name a few that i think are definatly noteworthy; htrt (the chat, the micro), Maga (the micro, the micro), yane (the micro, perfect micro), f-l-y (the selfconfidence/selfassurance, the micro), Nline (the winning mentality), y.z. (the perfection - check 2 years ago the spot he put his shop in on market EVERY SINGLE GAME)

sorry for wall of text

Offline Q-veta

• Tauren
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 05:53:15 pm »
He wasn't outstanding, not comparing to target, xx or fly or lost, but he was unique and one of the first to pave the way. I'd say he was around nooblex's skill level, maybe a little lower.

Toodles
No way is he around Nooblex's skill since, you know, Nooblex is actually good.

Ugrilainen

« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2011, 06:41:13 pm »
I like players who can join skill and charisma.

I wont talk about Marn and Rice cause they stopped playing before I started so I wont pretend I know them just to appear cute.

Target is my n1
Plush / Fly come after
Lost / Maga then

Nooblex and Pencil were imo overrated. Of course they would own me any friday after a quick trip to the bathroom but obviously they benefit for their huge investment in making ffa popular : Nooblex with his famous comprehensive ffa guide, Pencil with being Lone TC for years.

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2011, 07:01:08 pm »
actually, was there a tc after Pencil?  If so, who was it?
I remember him retiring, but as far as i can remember, he was always the lone TC (and a darn good one imo)