April 17, 2024, 09:40:20 pm

Author Topic: Your favorite top5 FFA Players of all time!  (Read 37160 times)

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Ebo
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Orc
Re: Your favorite top5 FFA Players of all time!
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 07:08:42 pm »
Agree that Nooblex was overrated (good, but not nearly at target/lost's level). Pencil was genuinely good though, though emotional.

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2011, 07:13:31 pm »
My 5 Favorites:

PencilWarrior - One of the best undeads whose ever hit the FFA scene and he was a blast to watch and learn from. He helped me out a lot too when it came to my own gameplay.

F-L-Y - The best Random player in the history of WC3. Even solo players knew who he was and respected him. The guy was top notch with every single race he played. Truly remarkable!

Under.STa - His chat made him so much fun to watch. Everytime someone hit him, he would claim to suicide them. Very rarely did he actually do it, but on occasion, he definitely did. Great player too, very skilled.

HTRT - He was a human player who rarely used towers and won last season by pure brute force. He didn't like to sit around and let people come to him, he would much prefer to go after them and make the games more interesting for the spectators. Even if it hurt his chances, he just wanted to make the best damn games possible. And he did too.

Target - Target is a legend. He won two back to back FML seasons. I don't remember too much about him anymore, but I loved watching him play.

Offline DarKNeSSCaLLs

• Blademaster
  • The Imbalanced one
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DarKNeSSCaLLsMe
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2011, 07:31:34 pm »
1. Fly - One of the most aggressive + well micro versed players I've had the privilege to play against. He's also the guy I looked up to (even though we clashed a few times while we were both in Lone. Once, it caused me to leave the clan, only to return shortly later)

2. Lost.Ancient - Another player with well versed micro. He uses a unique hero combo and always knows exactly which unit combo works against a particular army. His DR is quite brutal  :icon_mrgreen:

3. SS - Never played him, but obviously his hero combo inspired me to play what I play today.

4. Grandbulp - Some of you may not know him, he also went under "tchou-tchou" (not sure if he played before that), but when I was leveling FFA he was one of the top random FFA players. His micro rivaled that of Fly and he had decent manip skills as well. He's one of the few people I feared playing against

5. ZAKAZULU - He's one of my favorites just because his chat was so hilarious that it masked his terrible micro. ZULU POWER!

Offline Walking.TrL

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Walking.TrL
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2011, 08:05:57 pm »
Lone more or less disbanded while Pencil was TC...

In no order I'd say

Target (human, mk/paladin)
Amazing sense and micro.  Best gyro micro I've ever seen

Lost (elf, warden/panda/dr)
Best hero/staff micro I've ever seen.
Didn't resort to Chippo and used Night Elf to its potential

Under.Sta (elf, dk, panda, forget)
Create micro, matured a lot from when he first entered the FFA scene to when he was playing in FML
Great use of standard Elf, made him deadly

Pencil (Undead, DL first)
The one that got me to love Undead FFA and ghoul/gargs
Awesome Undead air micro and brilliant use of Dreadlord

Maga (Undead, usually standard heroes but is good enough to go any combination)
Maga's army composition is why I rate him as one of the top undead to ever play FFA.  He makes the best out of all of undead's units

Plush (Orc)
"THAT WAS EASY!" (hope you get the reference)
Probably my favorite FFA player of all time

Invincible Rice (Orc)
Watching replays of him was why I started to play FFA (its not his fault that most of his opponents were noobs, but he was still the best of his time)

My comments to the other rankings..
Nooblex = mass chippo user, hoard+attack move...
Bobasvett = average micro/ffa sense.  Had anger issues in the game... no disrespect to Bobas but why would he be on any of your lists? Because someone used a non-standard hero combination and was subpar with it?
XX = same as Bobas...?
Fly... by the time I joined Lone he seemed to stop caring about the game, which was 2006-7? Then is attitude towards the game (seemed to not care about competition) takes him off of any of my lists

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2011, 08:29:04 pm »
T_T i remember Plush's first fml game.  He tomed me like i was a green camp, then after rebuilding i simply couldn't believe that fly was losing to him so I refused to team plush

Plush was one of the most underrated ffa player before he joined fml

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Ebo
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2011, 08:31:16 pm »
any good 1.22+ replays of plush?

Toodles

Offline Rebuke[SkyNet]

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Rebuke[SkyNet]
  • Race: Random
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2011, 09:09:37 pm »
when was plush dominant? when i played him he was a decent orc, not top though. mind you i base players on the fights i have with them and he had decent unit control

duno about my top5, no order;

fly - only player to ever make me feel the other side of the spectrum of shitting on someone in a solo, what a wake up call was not expecting it at all. havent played him since unfortunately (1.21 ?)

pencil warrior - never did play him but how you mention fly and not pw anyway? they go hand in hand; in there prime i think they were top2 talent wise. only ffa player to actually influence my game play and people dont give him the props he deserves honestly

lost.ancient - im never afraid to solo anybody, call it being cocky but fuck them if they think they can take me out alone but the ONLY person i would think twice about soloing is lost, absolute merciless beast

daselend - he hasnt retired yet so hes not going to get the recongition he deserves until he does but skillwise hes better then any other orc

htrt - just a shame i never got a chance to play a real game vs him in ffa. very smart player and the best solo partner i ever had

honourable mentions :
nooblex - todays elfs NEED to mimic his style he set the standard for modern day elf play and it worked, he went undefeated racking up 100+ pts in one season i believe
wrecktify - terribly rusty right now it seems not alot of players have both the ffa smart and skill ratio he does
yz - undershadowed by the dominant orcs of his time and for some reason doesn't perform too well during the season
nline - legacy orc
yane - raw skill, learned the game type as quick as htrt (very fast) but wasted potential imo
maga - the last surviving undead?
[/img]

Offline Walking.TrL

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2011, 09:10:03 pm »
T_T i remember Plush's first fml game.  He tomed me like i was a green camp, then after rebuilding i simply couldn't believe that fly was losing to him so I refused to team plush

Plush was one of the most underrated ffa player before he joined fml

I think what made it worse/better was that he wasn't too much of a FFA player either.  He just came in, kicked our ass, then left.

Offline Q-veta

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Jewish.Banker
  • Race: Human
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2011, 01:44:35 am »
So I'll give mine
1) Sky_FireIce - he was always on about the jews, I liked that. He also won the first FML season.
2) LeL - god damn that base was annoying to fight.
3) Nline - I think I beat him once or twice but he beat me more times than that. He also showed me a picture of him riding a pony.
4) ntropy - he's terrible but in a charming way
5) Turbo.LT - He hoards with every race no matter what
6) Target - His micro is good and he's in general just an excellent player.

From Azeroth I guess I like Eshan. I'm not sure why anyone says Lost.Ancient, I've met him 4 times on ladder, beat him 3 times (and it wasn't hard to do so) and once he suicided me because he knew it was me giving the win to JanKen (LONE PRETEAMING).

Offline DarKNeSSCaLLs

• Blademaster
  • The Imbalanced one
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DarKNeSSCaLLsMe
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2011, 03:42:21 pm »
From Azeroth I guess I like Eshan. I'm not sure why anyone says Lost.Ancient, I've met him 4 times on ladder, beat him 3 times (and it wasn't hard to do so) and once he suicided me because he knew it was me giving the win to JanKen (LONE PRETEAMING).

Hmm maybe this was very early on and his micro improved as time went on? Or perhaps he was weak vs human...

Either way, he was a very strong player, and good knowledge on the elf class. He's now a pro SC2 player

Offline Walking.TrL

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2011, 03:53:26 pm »

Hmm maybe this was very early on and his micro improved as time went on? Or perhaps he was weak vs human...

Either way, he was a very strong player, and good knowledge on the elf class. He's now a pro SC2 player

What name does he use?

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2011, 04:12:31 pm »
if i remember correctly, Lost WAS a huge joke, because his connection sucked and could hardly micro at all. 
But when he got high speed, he was a beast!

Offline humans7ar

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: humans7ar
  • Race: Human
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2011, 04:19:24 pm »
i dont know much about the oldschool players but the new one >>> old :)

# - Yane - very skilled player...micro.. macro...
# - htrt - very entertain player nice micro / macro
# - DasElend - very skilled player like his micro / macro...
# - Magadansky - very skilled player too...
# - DarknessCalls - i dont know its the race? or the DR he use or its just his micro?? i fear him...

thats my 5 favorite/fear players :)

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2011, 05:11:22 pm »

What name does he use?

Hes 4k.Lost

Seriously.