April 27, 2024, 07:36:52 pm

Author Topic: Warcraft 3 Reforged  (Read 2365 times)

Offline FML|HighTac

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: HighTac
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
Warcraft 3 Reforged
« on: November 05, 2018, 08:40:30 am »
Hi guys,

As you know, Warcraft 3 Reforged was announced last weekend. A member from the Hive created the below list of what we know so far. I'm curious to hear what you think about Reforged and I created an FML feedback thread in the new Warcraft 3 forum. I hope my feedback summarizes the most important (FFA-related) points and you agree with it. Feel free to comment it in that thread as well.

My feedback to Blizzard from FML perspective

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcraft3/t/feedback-from-ffa-masters-league/498

What we know so far

- Same engine as classic WC3, current engine upgraded (confirmed),
- Easier customization of hotkeys (confirmed),
- On Battle.Net Launcher (confirmed),
- Crossplay between Reforged and Classic (confirmed),
- In options, you can choose to play with old graphics (confirmed),
- Classic mods compatible on Reforged (confirmed),
- Reforged includes ROC & TFT campaigns (confirmed),
- "Skins" and cosmetics (confirmed)
- Released in 2019 (confirmed),
- New editor can import old maps (confirmed),
- Old map will load HD models (confirmed),
- Audio will be upgraded, in every language Classic had and even more (re-recording with the same old actors) (confirmed),
- Old audio will still be in the game (confirmed),
- Achievements system (confirmed),
- New editor will be an improved version of the current editor (confirmed),
- Melee gameplay *mostly* unaffected (confirmed),
- New races ("Can't comment."),
- Balancing will continue to happen post-Reforged (confirmed),
- System requirement can't be said yet, due to the game still being in dev. (confirmed)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 08:58:36 am by FML|HighTac »

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: sEksi
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Random
Re: Warcraft 3 Reforged
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 11:08:22 am »
This all sounds awesome.  I know there are mixed feelings with the new graphics and audio but for one, it's not finished yet; and two, we will have the ability to choose between the old and new graphics.

Most importantly, we won't lose any players because the game engine is staying exactly the same and there is cross compatibility between Classic and Reforged (you can match someone playing on Reforged if you are on Classic and vise versa).   

Regardless of the graphical and audio overhaul, the most exciting part of this news to me is the exposure and attention that WC3 will be getting.   Blizzard is now working on this game again full time.   Patches, advertisements, adding it to the BNet launcher... all of these things will bring a bunch of new players to WC3 and we should have active times again... like 10+ years ago.  Plus a modern system regarding the ladder, ELO, MMR, online tournaments, etc for WC3!!!  Our favorite game!  (at least mine).       

I look forward to playing BNet FFA Ladder on Reforged.  We don't know if it will be cross realm or global matchmaking yet but  they alluded to that.   Regardless, with the influx of new players the ladder should be active and competitive again.   I miss playing arranged team 2v2, 3v3, 4v4 games and being able to find ladder games quickly and compete.   Even the BNet tournaments were fun and should be even better with Reforged.

The bottom line is Warcraft III is one of our favorite games ever, and to me the best RTS of all time.   In the day we live in where RTS games are all but gone - with the industry being taken over by money-grabbing genres like MOBAs and Battle Royale - it's amazing that WC3 is getting this attention and will be brought to the mainstream once again.   To me, this is the best news we could hear as WC3 and FFA fans.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 11:16:13 am by Seksi »

Offline Tleilaxu

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 04:49:27 pm »
A bit worried about the audio makeover but everything else seems really cool. One thing that had me a bit worried in the gameplay trailer though was the lack of blood. I hope units still bleed when they die.
Stoked for skins though. Would be cool if they released skinpacks like SC2 does.

Offline FML|red7z7

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: red7z7
  • Coins: 284
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 06:57:14 pm »
The only change that is a must for me is fixing FFA matchmaking, everything else is icing

edit: and the ability to reconnect to a game
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 07:09:23 pm by FML|red7z7 »