April 27, 2024, 07:58:06 pm

Author Topic: The Greatest FFA Players of All Time  (Read 16746 times)

Offline b100death

Re: The Greatest FFA Players of All Time
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2018, 04:23:52 pm »
these guys watching fml 2k18 ? Gradient > all of them all, noexxx was first

Offline Lightweight

• Tauren
  • To protect the sheep you gotta catch the wolf.
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Lightweight
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Human
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2018, 05:35:30 pm »
Well Seksi made the list one year ago b100death so there isn't the best recent players.

Yes, i will Seksi. Holy shit i can't wait for the open beta of Reforged. I love 4v4 rt but it is not enjoyable right now with the current matchmaking where u play with 0:50 guys uprooting their tree or tk like every 2nd game.

My suggestion: Allow people only to create one account and bind them this way. Smurfs ruin the game in my opinion. Solo players play against pro's who smurf and they play different. It was the same in FFA because u approach the game in a different way against Top10 players. It prevents a meta-game between the pro's.

Also leavers and teamkillers need to be punished. Therefore they should implement a report system. You will see how fast the manners gonna change.

And i wish push to talk for reforged in RT games for better teamwork. It is about time.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 05:38:13 pm by Lightweight »

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: sEksi
  • Race: Random
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2018, 08:09:56 pm »
@b100death I'll add Lord Gradient to the post.

@Lightweight Hell yea man, me too.  Those are some good ideas for RT.   I am pretty sure there won't be away to smurf or make multiple accounts on Reforged. 

Offline SteppinRazor

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SteppinRazor
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2018, 03:45:07 pm »
Been around since season 10, here's my two cents:

:hu: HUMAN :hu:

HTRT - Genius ffa player and micro monster. Guy was basically the "perfect" FFA player. I think pound for pound he is the strongest FFA player I've ever seen and its a pity he only played in a few FML seasons

NOEXXX - Probably the closest thing to htrt, great micro and unique style of player. Among the best I've seen at taking a 2v1 on and making it look almost easy. Probably in top 3 all time

Lightweight - Nearly as good as the above though he seemed to fall apart in games where he was not ahead. Top level player overall though, except when seksi was in the same game and they just suicide. Also worth noting he was a top orc as well

:orc: orc :orc:

DasElend and Darkness - Lived in a different era but could easily had the same micro skills as the top players today. Very strong overall FFA players who dominated for 5+ seasons

Ludix - IMO the strongest orc player ever. Absolutely insane micro, but also amazing scouting and map awareness with BM (no doubt from his solo skills). Was basically the kind of player who if he was alive and had heroes you had to team him or you would just lose. Better 100 food micro then any other orc player I've ever seen, I don't think any player ever could beat him 100 v 100

Nline - The ageless orc wonder, more of a macro oriented player but had the micro to compete with about anyone. Smart and careful player who could win games he had no business winning. I think he could play fine in FML today

:ud: undead  :ud:

Maga - Most dominate player in FML for the longest time (10+ seasons of terror). Known for his outstanding micro, but also (less known) a very smart player who could play the macro, long drawn-out game as well as anyone. I would consider him top 3 easily.

Yane - Insane micro machine, but like htrt had a short lived career. Very successful in FML but always got teamed to death in playoff/finals games and probably quit due to that :(

Qwest/DV/Tyrant - I would rank them all about the same, best undeads since maga and very highly skilled players overall. I would give qwest the edge even though he was probably the least decisive player but was the best manipper and hoarder

:ne: elf  :ne:

Wrecktify - AKA DFM aka 8D. Hilarious in game chat to make you think he was retarded until he will flip the tables on you and you would realize he's been trolling everyone all game... but in all seriousness the seasons he played as DFM were probably the best elf play I've seen in FFA, excellent combination of game sense, aggression, gold management, and always being in the right place at the right time. Top 3 with maga and noexxx IMO

j33/mog - excellent overall players, more tactical players with solid but not elite micro. Could win against anyone and come back from insane situations where most players would ALT Q. I think both rank SLIGHTLY below wreck due to being more naturally passive and predictable but in many cases you would know exactly what their game plan was and still lose

Renaud - After all these years, he can show up rustier then a decaying mummy and still play a competitive FFA game. Excellent game sense and macro, and his micro will surprise you if you underestimate him. I think his consistency as a good player (never top but definitely top 5-10 consistently) for like 20 seasons of FML speaks for itself

trunkz - 20 seasons of noobelves massing chims all of a sudden changed to massing dotts and no panda... but the results speak for themselves. Trunks bring a totally different style to elf and can dominate with micro of the best of them.

:ra: Random  :ra:

Seksi - King of random, though I kind of think of him as an undead player. Seksi is an elite long time player who is quite possibly the best player with no FML title. Top tier with all 4 races, lots of different game strategies, and understands FFA as a whole very well

Persuade - Similar overall skill player to seksi, with great micro and ability with all 4 races. Also very similar to alien skill-wise as a random player. Played for a long time and was always a top competitor.

Eshan - Perhaps the biggest tryhard ever, and maybe thats what makes him so great. I'm not sure I've actually seen him as undead, but his elf/hu/orc are all excellent. He isn't a top microer, but he can hold his own in any game thanks to his cunning intellect and ruthless style
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 10:11:43 pm by SteppinRazor »

Offline ena1337

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: ena1337
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2018, 04:41:38 am »
I am the best. Top 1 ranking season 28 finals

Offline nebu

• Peon
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: old_nebu
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2018, 10:05:25 am »
I'm the best ever, none of you soyboy beta cucks even come close :O!

Offline FML|Mog

• Global Moderator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Mog[skynet]
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2018, 10:42:08 pm »
I made a best of list. I no longer need to worry about playing anymore seasons. Thanks for the shout out @SteppinRazor ! Much <3

Offline fly

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2019, 11:37:13 pm »
It was seriously touching - reading through all the mentions in this thread and the "top 5 favorite players" thread. That meant a lot, and it definitely will help if I bite the bullet and actually start playing again. I've been feeling the itch, I must admit. So maybe in a few months or so I'll come back to play.

Sucks ffareplays.com isn't around anymore - Do games get posted anywhere else? Is ladder worthwhile? Where do you guys play? Could someone post a link to custom hotkeys?

Top 2:

Invincible_Rice
Pencil

Anyone who said anything negative about Pencil's skill level was smoking something. He was a beast.

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: sEksi
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2019, 06:27:43 pm »
Hey fly,

Glad you found this thread.  FFA still lives on after all these years, however it is not as active right now.  FML seasons continue, and there is currently a "King of FFA" season with fun rules. 

There are different game types now such as Random heroes, no chat, etc. which make it interesting.   

As for ladder, Europe BNet is the only ladder active now, but only during the mornings and early afternoons USA times.   

As Reforged is released, surely FFA will be back.  Just like any other sport, younger (or newer) players underestimate the skill of previous players.  It would be awesome for you to come back and play and get back in shape in time for Reforged.  There were a handful of players that would still compete with the best guys today, and I'm sure you could be one of them.   As a whole, the average skill level of an FFA player has improved, but there are fewer "top tier" players now compared to in the past. 

You should join the FML Discord channel, if you haven't already!

:ra: :ne: :ud: :orc: :hu:
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 06:29:59 pm by Seksi »

Offline fly

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2019, 08:15:52 pm »
Oh boy, I'd have to play Euro ladder, huh (high ping) :(

I hope you're right about Reforged, I'd like to see the activity pick up and be able to get some quality ladder games in. Custom games are so-so to me, as my motivation always waned when it came to them. They just weren't as fun, and having no effect on stats decreased my competitive desire.

I'll give the discord a looksie when I buy a new computer to play on and am looking for games (not 100% sure I will be coming back, but the itch is there.).

Thanks for the reply back Seksi :)

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2019, 10:08:28 pm »
@fly are you the season 4 FML champion?  :icon_surprised: . If so, please come back! we need to bring next title home!

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo

Offline ena1337

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: ena1337
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2019, 04:09:01 am »
I am greatest

Offline fly

« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2019, 12:58:57 pm »
@fly are you the season 4 FML champion?  :icon_surprised: . If so, please come back! we need to bring next title home!

I am indeed. Got to be the person to stop Target from 3 peat-ing :)

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Peregrine
  • Coins: 168
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2019, 03:55:08 pm »
nice to see you on here fly! definitely join the discord, the link is on the main page

you might find the general skill level has improved a lot, but ffa sense, micro, and creativity are still cornerstones to winning games.

would be really exciting to have you back
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 03:56:57 pm by Eshan »

Offline Lightweight

• Tauren
  • To protect the sheep you gotta catch the wolf.
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Lightweight
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2019, 05:18:15 pm »
@fly: Hi Sammy, long time no see!