March 28, 2024, 12:03:49 pm

Author Topic: Tod talking about Magadansky here?  (Read 2908 times)

Offline deluded

Tod talking about Magadansky here?
« on: June 13, 2017, 04:35:20 pm »
Title says all. At the very beginning of the video:

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Undead
Re: Tod talking about Magadansky here?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 05:24:41 pm »
DOES HE EVER FIGURE IT OUT??? Goddam it. Were they actually talking about Maga???

Offline Tleilaxu

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 06:00:08 pm »
Clearly he's talking about ReinforCEMENT-

Offline ObserveAndLearn

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: jOeybadaSs_
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 07:02:14 pm »
i assume he's referring to LexBG or MJLubber who are considered to be very high level uds currently but they were never close to Insomnia.

could be a number of other players though - 420, Shocker, 3wD.Star. I think even kunev and ZeeRaX used to play undead in 2v2s with insomnia.

it's not maga since maga played elf/ud as 3wd.simo, not hu/ud.

PS : reinforcement is not bulgarian.
PS2 : i'm friends with ToD from a few sc2 tournaments we attended together so i'll ask him when i get the time to.

Cheers
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 07:13:35 pm by ObserveAndLearn »

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 08:43:35 pm »
i assume he's referring to LexBG or MJLubber who are considered to be very high level uds currently but they were never close to Insomnia.

could be a number of other players though - 420, Shocker, 3wD.Star. I think even kunev and ZeeRaX used to play undead in 2v2s with insomnia.

it's not maga since maga played elf/ud as 3wd.simo, not hu/ud.

PS : reinforcement is not bulgarian.
PS2 : i'm friends with ToD from a few sc2 tournaments we attended together so i'll ask him when i get the time to.

Cheers

But wait... maybe he was talking about you!!!

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Race: Human
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 09:30:18 pm »
Magadansky was probably the best admin I've known since S21. He always had creative ways to make the season fun, it wasnt just about scoring points, there were other objectives and more rounds as well. I hope to see him and some his approach to the league in future seasons  :icon_biggrin:

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo

Offline deluded

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 07:28:48 am »
@FML|WorpeX: It's not like I wrote a 500 word essay on the subject. Barely made two sentences. Took about 30 seconds... This forum is more of a wasteland anyway, inhabited by scheduling threads and these painfully boring match prediction discussions. I don't see a reason to disrupt any type of discussion that is slightly more substantial than these. DV even made a deletion request for this topic lol.

@Tleilaxu: I don't get it...

@ObserveAndLearn: Thx for sharing. Don't forget to mention that a casting opportunity for the FML finals is up for grabs. Maybe he is interested. :-D
Also, you mention meeting Maga at a LAN recently. How recent are we talking? I thought LANs died out long ago. XD

@ZsSuperCumulo: Agree, Maga was great as an admin. A problem was that his status as a player seemed to interfere. Jaod harassed him way too hard after getting sanctioned, which may have contributed to Maga leaving eventually.

There was also some interesting discussion in cbox on the subject:

Quote from: cbox
obsandl: no idea why
obsandl: haha and that's really true, 80% of bulgarian players are undeads
obsandl: still maga was considered really high level, but he was known as a night elf and under the alias 3wD.Simo
obsandl: could be him too
obsandl: gogoz is really old school too, so yeah, fair point
obsandl: it's actually there where maga re-introduced me to fml
obsandl: we all met recently at a lan i was casting
obsandl: yeah im friends with whatcanuddo
dv: gogoz is whatcanuddo
dv: lex is super-duper oldschool too i think
dv: @oal i would also mention gogoz whos as i remember old af and might be played on high lvl in ancient times
Sly: but he palyed elf afaik
Sly: yeah he was very good soloer back in the day
Sly: just to bring back maga in discussion , nice ^^
dv: 80% of wc3 player in bulgaria are undeads, why would it be maga who wasnt playing on pro lvl in solo as i remember
dv: delete thread about tod talking about maga pls, it makes no sense

@DV: If my thinking is unreasonable, I appreciate being made aware of it. Deletion of the entire thread is clearly over the top though. The following post by Mage influenced my thinking:

On a side-note though I would argue you're over-estimating Duck during his peak and underestimating Maga.
Maga on the other hand was one of the top Bulgarian players, and I know 3wD competed in WC3L when it was during it's peak and actually did reasonably well (believe they beat 4Kings one season for their only loss), don't know if Maga was on their starting lineup then.

@Slythe: I didn't consider that he may have played a different race in solo. ne/ud was confirmed by @ObserveAndLearn. I even remember him playing an FML game with NE on Silverpine Forest (going dh + naga). I was surprised that he was still taking the drivers seat in typical demeanour despite being off-race.

To round this up, I digged out a statement by the man himself on the subject:

One time I had the pleasure to face Insomnia on TM (my fav map) and managed to win. I was really proud of myself so I asked him after can I post the replay. He said "please dont" but eventually I couldnt resist so I did post it which turned out to be a bad idea. During LAN tournaments, Inso was always cold towards me after this incident, even when I changed clans and ended in 3wD, a team which he supported in Bulgaria, mostly with coaching and tournament connections.