April 25, 2024, 04:31:39 pm

Author Topic: unofficial WC3 overall history thread  (Read 20628 times)

Offline Gz.

• Peon
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Gz.
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
Re: unofficial WC3 overall history thread
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2013, 06:35:51 pm »
My wc3 story :

i was with somes friends smoking weed and 2 of them were talking about wc3
they said it was a fun game, told me we could all play together and also said we could play elf.

i decided to dl it and test in a french unofficial server.
i played elf because i played magic the gathering and i had an elf deck who made me won a tournament ( yeah i know stupid reason ...)

i was in a french clan from this server and most of them started to play games in bnet so 1 year latter after starting to play i bought the game and play bnet.

guess what ? i was raped so hard so i decided to try to be better.
i played only solo and was lv 35.

years passed for me and my french clan, BriT (means BriTon) and was pissed to stay lv 35 i really couldnt do mutch more and my skill couldnt be better so i wanted to stop playing untill the day i meet someone who changed my vision of wc3....

you all should know him, he's Jimbow

he was also in my clan but never played solo, only FFA.
i was like wtf is ffa and then he explained to me.

it was a real revolution to me, i stoped playing solo and started to play mass ffa
i watch tones of fly games because he was playing NE and he was so strong !

i supposed i started to be better with time and became europe rank 3.
i never could do it again, but i was top 5 many times

jimbow told me about clan lone and i played some ffa games with them, we also did some at 4s and were rank 1 (proto style if you know what it is)

i played again and again then stop for some years, came back then stop and i'm here again ^^

My accounts :

i had so many accounts i cannot remember all or even remember the names but my 1st and main account was Gzbeuh witch is hard to explain because it was a private joke with friends.
everyone called me "Gz" so i keep it as name.

FML :

i played so mutch games with lone and heard about FM
i started to keep an eye on you guys, watching your games and replays to be better and have good ideas.
i also did lot of games with fml even if it wasn't for league

who i want to thx ? :

ALL players i played with or against and ALL players that are keeping FFA alive

i'm sur i forget a lot of things in this story but all i know is everything's was fun and this is a really good game.
if you have questions i'll reply but i'm not sur détails of my wc3 life would be so interesting for you :p
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 06:39:11 pm by Gz. »
Noobelf for life !

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Slythe
  • Race: Random
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2013, 07:35:06 pm »
continuing pt. 3:

Darkermirror : good elf, using many nonstandard heroes and not just chippo. remember a game vs him on deathrsoe/bnet, where we knew each other, helping a lot each other and i thought we´d proceed to a final 1vs1, but instead a made a nasty backstab, i would win the game anyway, but it was a bit weird. We had a couple of close, hard fought games i guess. Also he won a season game in a razorthin close fashion on deadlock with his pandarens baseracing a undead.

ntropY : the icon. when everything is changing, there is one absolute term u always can count on: the swiss human player, with low apm, pulling off crazy comebacks ( at best vs preteamers ) , using decent manips and not leaving until his last resistance ( building) of an independent, neutral swiss eidgenosse is conquered.

Walking.trl : decent undead.played only 1 season as far as i know, but seemingly was active in the past, when i haven not play ffa yet. he got in fights and drama with lightweight, since he probably teamed up with his brother rabbit in a season game. i only remember one game with him on deadlock ( same which darkermirror won), where he double rax fiend /later wyrm rushed me, he was talking some fake-shit and i did not like it. Oh , and he lost a close game vs the by then smurfing humans7ar on monsoon.

mind.in.a.box : Human player with solobackground and good micro. had some actionfilled games with and aswell some teamffa´s.

wiggle.room : good overall ffaer, with annoying manipulation. playing random and i always thought he´d be some smurf. joined together with a friend, whose name i forgot.

4k.Fury : one of the few good soloers, who sticked to ffa for a while. was igrnorant in adapting, but his fiendbased army was often a thread and he won a couple of games. his manips were not effective, but he liked to talk smack and was somewhat of a crazy, funny dude with a good portion of semi-pro cockiness.

Wh1te-Eagle: relaxed elfish guy. i liked him and we had plenty of games. only time i saw him angry was, when he had some beef with daselend ( no clue why, he probably bm harrased, creepjacked him i guess ! )

XXESW / Zeus : very funny guy, who i played often  and talked a lot of nonsense with. Elf player, often begging people to let him hoard in peace ^^.

Battle.Suck : good human micro guy and pretty agressive gameplay in begin. later also using many towers... had a plenty of annoying game with. he played the 2nd fml-b final and i obsed it, was a pretty good watch back then. Also he was in season 8 final, where he was manipped kinda hard by wrecktify and ultimateley backstabbed losing in the process. Together with humans7ar he played a couple of teamffa´s and they won many of them ( i always rooted for constantly changing teams, but they would stick together , although i don´t think they liked each other, but they were winning...^^ ) Also he liked to say sth like " how rude", once he was attacked and fought his opponent back. I also remember, that my very first fml/garena win was against him on that icestorm map, when we had a final big fight being broke each, which was obviously the deciding battle of the game and thanks to 1-2 good itemdrops and focused gaming i could beat him. His last word was " sigh" .

Bobas_Vett : he was a good wagonmancer user and liked to add dk/dr/pitlord as heroes. he was a good humanplayer aswell. in our first two games he ended up flaming and suiciding me, giving wrecktify a freewin in both games. we had a couple of ok games after. I remember a game, where he pretended to suicide me on deathrose, but infact was feeding on me with ud as elf ( caught me with 100 vs 50 or so). the third guy was l77/the_enid , who really did not interfere and let bobas kill me entireley, thinking he´d win anywy after, but with his superior ud-hero happiness he overwhelmed the humanplayer  :icon_confused: . Also bobas acted some time as he was paranoid about Yane racking up freewins ( i don´t know how he exaclty came to this conclusion) . I recall a game on gnollwood, where yane and i would team up vs bobas, which obviously annoyed him a lot, yet was a funny game for me.

SFarrah : some said that his aka was 1nvincible, who was accused of being a hacker. in the 3-4 games i had with this quite good random-player i recognized him as a rather respectful guy with a ( often for americans) tendency of manipping.

L77/the_enid : together with rebbats and fate.is.noob we once played 4 games in a row with the same cast with everyone winning one time without this being fixed ! He was a experienced player, who mostly played human or elf. He won season 11, when he ended up with highscore in a 5-6 games groupstage. he won 4 games i think, while he scored 2-3 huge comebacks, although he was badly rushed. still could get his opponents off him, rebuilding, striking back. was master in using manips in a way u should underestimate him ( e.g. " my micro is so bad ! i have not played for 2 weeks ! i just woke up, having a terrible hungover ! How am i supposed to beat that? " )

fate.is.noob : suicided me in our first game together, when he would not let me attack him , while he was killing bsuck getting high lvl heroes, mining gold from 4 expands. we had several nice game together. was a good guy overall. i think he played undead only with a decent arsenal of different strategies.

sgora : was a human/elf guy, who liked to hoard and manip. dangerous player, who once rushed out Yane ( who was using dr as 2nd hero for the maybe first time ), still it was pretty nice to see, how he first pushed him with a rifle-caster based army, just to finish him with a switch to griffons/tanks. I remember a game, which i played with sgora and louis, in which they teamed me and manipped against me so hard, that i quit the garenagame as host ( regretted it not instantly, but some days after, since we now never know, if it´d been a supergood 1vs1 afterwards :icon_wink: . ) He also won garenaladder season 3 together with renaud and myself.

louis.armstrong : had great knowledge of the game and used to talk A LOT, i mean really A LOT LOT. He won the fml-b final in a breathtaking fight against htrt. ( both nearly 100 food, no gold) . As he said about himself " won many games, because he just was ready to camp his base for 4 hours and 1 minute, when his oppenent gave up after 4 hours " ^^. I remember a game on murgol, where he was abusing warden/panda vs my poor gargs, they went down so fast... was awkwardly sadly funny . Pretty active sc2 player, as far as i know.

Yane : a player who burst into the fml-scene with big solo-credentials at that time, beating remind in a bo 3/5 couple of weeks before etc. I have not seen any other semi-pro soloer, who learned ffa that quick or had such an impact. he was also kinda active, motivated and played a lot. for some time, it was almost impossible to enter the garena-masters-leage room without having yane in it, lurking for a game. He "invented" some things like stoneform-garg block on marketrapms vs tanks, gargstoneform surround of heroes or dual-race.build with undead/human, tank/wyrm/udheroes/staff based or magicshell-destroyers. He had a deadly fiend/banshee strat vs human and was mostly going dl first. the only aspect he , imo , never really got comfortable with manipping. He tried some styles, like the "analysing honest  or the 2-3 word constant spamming " ones.
I liked him, but unfortunateley i got probably rushed out by him in 4 out of our 6 games and losing the other two aswell. of course i was calling for help, once he attacked me and he did not like this, calling it "babbling" :) . We also had the season 2 ladder final together, where he got emo about teaming, suiciding into daslends base and leaving prematurely. We had some discussions after the game and after some time it was all cool again and we had atleast one very funny game together, which i remember. He also was part of the epic showmatch of the "best of each race " with him, daselend, lost.ancient and htrt.  Also he started smurfing, after he was tired of getting teamed. His nick was werdnajit ( or similar) and he could hide his identity for atleast 2-3 weeks, i assume. I think he was pretty active for sth about 1 -1,5 years, but then left and would not make any attempt ;_ ( .

Lost.ancient : had a trademark herocombo: WARDEN-DR-PANDA ( or pb-dr) , had pretty strong micro and a nearly perfect buildorder, baselayout . I cannot remember playing vs him, but see a couple of games live or as replay. He was part of season 7-8 atleast i guess. I saw him atleast 2-3 times attacking and finishing LeL with the precision of a sniper and without any trouble, was kinda impressive.
He hated orcs and their imba bats and was always up to flame the race and players. In season 8 semifinal he chose orc instead of elf, since he was facing two other orcs. too bad he faced daselend in the final 1vs1, who could challenge him microwise, having more practice wtih this race. He won the "showmatch of the best player of each race" in a epic, close match thanks to the powers of a lvl 10 warden.

TBC

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2013, 07:38:49 pm »
@ GZ :

nice, also i remember that name... jimbow. don´t exactly know from where, though, maybe bnet ladder standings^^.

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2013, 07:53:19 pm »
I think jimbow was the one who made the bnet clan ffa ladder

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2013, 11:59:48 pm »
Other than 25-15-10-5, what are some of the other bad rules of S1/2?

Well for starters, FML was actually known as the "Forsaken Melee League" in S1. haha. That was changed in S2. Also, I believe match results were based upon time of death in season 1 and not points. Also a bunch of other smaller rules which were changed/added. I think "Rule 8" had its debut somewhere around S1 or 2 as well. 

But the biggest changes were the huge push to prevent players from playing for second, which included changing the qualifier format as renaud mentioned previously.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 12:06:44 am by FML|WorpeX »

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2013, 10:09:39 am »
more guys from fml/garena/customs :

uzi-madone / kkb-style : 2 german fellow players, i do not remember basically anything except their names.

Tig-tag : i remembered his name today, after i could not recall it yesterday. he and wiggleroom were friends. was a good overall player.

shunned : to my knowledge the only brasilian ffa-player, who ever entered the fml scene. he was an elf and was kinda new to ffa, once he started fml. Had a tough losstreak going ( something like 0-30 ) but finally managed to win a game vs 4k.fury, using mass chims vs only like 50-60 pop of fiends left. He was a nice guy, whom i played in a season 9 game.

lovetrance : a pretty good bnet elf ladder player, who reached rank1 seemingly effortlessly with very good stats. he entered fml/customgames and we played a lot of games together, with many of them being close and good. he is easily one of 5 guys, i played the most ffa´s with. He was much better than people would give credit for, since his playstyle often was more passive with sometimes copying skyfireice  asking everyone or the players next to him " peace or piase ?"  :icon_smile: ( only on bnet and not always of course ) . He also played season 12 and finished the groupstage with the best score of all participating players. We shared together with yz a "fmlsharedacc" on bnet, and leveled it up to rank1, although i maybe played only 5 + games on it ;P. I also recall a game on monsoon, where we had a nice 3-way with lovetrance, magadansky and me, which lovetrance won.

Ebo, rygorych : he started fml maybe in season 11, but was a oldschool player, but i have not heard of him. He came up with many ideas, opened a lot of threads and was a polarizing figure with strong stand and willingness to discuss everything to eternity ^^. He rushed out rabbit on monsoon in an early groupstage game, using mass chims - calling it "purple sky" , which quote was used oftenly ever since. He always claimed and was aware of not having good micro, but found ways to win with manipping, good decisionmaking and the help of imba orc :P . He abused the word " cheesing" for standard-strategies, which was heavily talked about back then.

Eshan/Darkmessiah : another provoking player, who had relentless manipping, that would usually based on facts, but everytime mixed in with some lying, trying to convince other players doing what would be good for himself. I remember a game on twilight ruins, where he was orc, using fast tech, blademaster, makrura bug abusing and i was elf spawning next to him. I went for a DH mass archer rush and had him close to death after 3-4 close battles, with him constantly asking for help, manipping against me, and finally a human player (whose name i forgot, he was using groundarmy like sparkle and i think his name begun with a "R" ) , that was creeping the map and then attacking me and taking me out. And in the upcoming 3-way, eshan would stay passive, manipping, rebuilding and finally won vs the other guys, who did not have a clue. Also i played my very first custom fml game vs eshan ( with rebbats and renaud) on marketsquare, which was a very funny and actionfilled one. I would lose the first 5-6 six games with eshan ( he maybe won 3-4 of those ), having mostly good fun and fights, being very respectful and even saying " gg" after some good games. Then there was an epic 6-way game on monsoon with renaud ( who i fought early with a mass hunts rush, he defended at first, but after 10-15 mins gained critical advantage), rebbats ( who was towering/hoarding having best shot at win , but who later disced) , eshan and 2 other guys. I eventually would win this with some luck, of course ( rebbats disc), but eshan would totally flip out at me, offending me and cursing... i was a little bit perplexed and disappointed about his bad sportsmanship. He always was a good contender, with racking up several wins on fml/ladder during multiple seasons, but would never reach a final ( i think) . He also created some upsets in the community with his attempts to sabotage the league with   preteaming/ private messaging - based incidents.

Q(-veta) : a played i knew from watching older replays, when i started fml. he seemed to be a good humanplayer relying a lot on manipping. I later recognized him as a very tough all around ffaplayer, who showed pretty good games in fml, although woulda come short in 1-2 semis or groupstage games due some bad luck, random circumstances. He and ntropY were in a some sort of love-hate relation, to huff each other often and recalling some epic games they had on bnet. Q also had a epic game on goldrush, where he teamed 2 people out together with renaud, while using mass private chat.

Camp_and_Spank : a player, who was famous for his single archmage ( fast ultimate)/ tower/hoard strat followed by a deadly assaults via surprising mass-tp action. I only heard those old stories. When he played fml he was a good humanplayer with normal strategies. We had a couple of enjoyful games together and he still stalks us on ffareplays and fml-site. Had some nice chatting about MMA with him aswell during his active days.

Plush : he only saw replays and 1-2 live games by him. He was one of the most  impressive ffa-players to watch for me. I recall a game on marketsquare, where he dominated yzenchenko pretty hard, before putting on a strong game afterwards. He also won an epic 3-way baserace, with each having just 1-2 buildings left. I also remember , how daselend said, that plush was one of the very few players, he would end up losing regularly in a way, he cannot complain about.

Daseland : a orc-player with incredible micro ( often over 300 apm) .Somedeay he stated, that he usually saves a single wyvvern in 100 food fights vs any other 100 food race ( during his prime) . We had some nice and also some annoying games together, mostly because of his nasty bm-harras/creepjack, aggressive style, which sometimes angered me, leading to flaming from both sides :). He was showing good results in fml, though he often got eliminated in the semis or the finals, which he played 2-3 times. Too many epic games to mention, he was involved with. One of those were a encounter between 3 of the best orcs ever : Him, Nline and Yzenchenko
He made a comeback to fml, after a couple of season absence, mostly playing elf and bareley talking at all, he got teamed oftenly, but also had some sloppy plays. he claimed of himself, being basically immune to manipulation ( well, it´s easy to sentryward the whole map, seeing everything whole time and busting lies easily that way ^^ ).

Kruppe Mostly an undead player, who made epic posts on fml-site, talking in third persona ( crediting a bookcharacter, he liked a lot) . He was a sneaky, experienced ffaer with not too much care about micro and a nice and popular guy. Two games with him i remember the most: r1 game on monsoon with us, darkness.called and starshaped , which was one of 2-3 games i was playing drunk. It had a good  dramatic curve and he end up winning it. The other game was a semifinal  on twilightruins, where he and darkermirror were busy with each other, so that i could get a rather easy win.

pbl66a : his name means fish on russian ^^. He was a good undeadplayer and a very nice guy, who i enjoyed talking to. Our games together were often not that easy, though. We maybe had 5 games straight over a couple of weeks, where i was hoarding, since everyone else was too, but he woulda 100 food-attack my main. Everytime i rebuilded, not feeding him and we ended up losing both ( because of lacking gold or levels in the process) . He beat yenzenchko in a qualifier-match for season 8, in which he was the only lesser known name/underdog, showing some decent results.

Sa_Stayingalive / TheThroneismine/brainman/ghostofbrainman/dkh.no1cansaveyou/chris/dennis/plenty other accounts :

that guy was crazy and if only half of the stories he was constantly telling everyone about his reallife been true, he´d been some nasty boy. He was sometimes entertaining with all his behaviour, but often annyoing . He was kind of a drama-queen and manipped really very much and often in a way trying to make feel you pity about him. He played a lot of bnet with good results and also many fml-seasons and events, being a threat to many. He mostly played random and abused the respective race-standards . He was saying all the time, that he been (semi)surrounded in ALL of his fml-league, which is unfair ! ( he maybe was in a couple, but not in more than 50%, i guess  ).

Mystikalsmurf : what a bitch !

htrt/Dco_pizz : very good humanplayer, who won season 10 wtih overall well played season ( one of the most deserved seasonwins imo ) . He often got emom messing around in customgames, but usually was able to keep his composure in fml-games. He was kinda innovative, winning games with AM/BEM/FL mass casters, AM/BM/PAL , straight tech to mass gryphs( with single mk) to name some unusualy strategies. He was smurfing under the name "nopueseder"  on garena-ladder, pretending to be southamerican ( he was frenchcanadian infact), using broken english and some spanish. I had a couple of good games with him on ladder,being at a perfect 6-0 against in the more serious games ( he once preteamed with mystikalsmurf vs renaud and then me) .

Rosenkill : a semi-pro soloer, who were on garena fml channel for 2 weeks with some friend of his, before he finally played a game ( dunno, if it was his only one, but the only one i recognized) with us. He hit everyone, got teamed and we did not see him again afterwards.

TBC

« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 11:06:24 am by Slythe »

Offline Wrecktify

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
  • Supreme Admin of FML
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SerWrecktify
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2013, 10:20:19 am »

Well for starters, FML was actually known as the "Forsaken Melee League" in S1. haha. That was changed in S2. Also, I believe match results were based upon time of death in season 1 and not points. Also a bunch of other smaller rules which were changed/added. I think "Rule 8" had its debut somewhere around S1 or 2 as well. 

But the biggest changes were the huge push to prevent players from playing for second, which included changing the qualifier format as renaud mentioned previously.

Wait you didnt have to win your qualifier to qualify?_?

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2013, 10:45:44 am »

Wait you didnt have to win your qualifier to qualify?_?

Nope, second place was good enough!! I was clueless about FFA in S1, hence why Lone didn't take the league seriously. Eventually someone linked me to Nooblex's article on WCR and I started to play ladder quite a bit. I also joined Lone for a short stint to get a better feel for the gametype and know the people better. It all began to click during S1 - thus inspiring all the huge changes for S2.

My stint in Lone was short because eventually Clan Fury became a thing and the two clans were very competitive with each other. I didn't want anyone to think FML was taking sides so I stayed neutral. That's when I joined BPS actually and began my run as a team manager.

Also, I think the points were actually 20-15-10-5 in season 1 and changed to 25-10-10-5 for season 2. Don't remember exactly though...
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 10:51:03 am by FML|WorpeX »

Offline Wrecktify

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
  • Supreme Admin of FML
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SerWrecktify
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2013, 12:00:04 pm »
Thats cray.  I want to see some baddie replays of people playing for second :D

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2013, 12:06:16 pm »
at some point I think it was 3 round, and you had to have 1st or 2nd in at least two game

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2013, 07:09:09 pm »
>>>

Mr.Sparkle / Kajetan : a longtime ffaer, who has a trademark strategy: human ground, which is surprisingly effective rightfully used. Also known for his patented 130 food army ( with pally resurrection ). He played several seasons of FML and is from german descent , thus likes beer a lot ;-) .

Johny.Boy : french human player, who often hoarded and liked to manip aswell. He once created a big data of old replays ( from all avaible patches), arranged by names. I also heard, he once staked pinballmap ^^. He also robbed worpex of a fml win while using imba mass tp / buildingkill strat !!!  :icon_wink:

Practicemage : there were times, where he played more , instead of basically just the leaguegames ^^ ( as far as i know ) . I recall our most memorable game on harvest of sorrows, where he rushed me with chims + golems, having me in real trouble . We had an intense battle going for like 20 minutes and i was able to hold him back thanks to Acidbomb + Bats, while he missed to destroy 1-2 of my goldmines to cut off my economy. we eventually woulda peace, since louis won his 1vs1.

Humans7ar : we played a lot of games together over the years, many actionfilled and hard included. i think he also one of the guys i played the most games with. our first game was on monsoon on garena ladder, where he rushed me. He was always kinda of an aggressive humanplayer and i was undead in that game. Since he was knew, i thought he´d been a soloer, not knowing what he´s doing, telling him to stop , cuz he has no gold, while others have plenty of mines. Until i scouted and found out, that while he was rushing me, he already established 3 expands... i was thinking " damn, lol, ok..." . He woulda destroy my base, but i could rebuild and finally come back to win the game. He reached 3 seasonfinals, whereas season 10 final was on of the craziest and best and he had the chance to win in the end via baserace, while had just a a few buildings and a critter left, which he send to a lab for buying 3 sappers. But htrt scouted and had some luck, killing those, before they woulda reach his last farm  :icon_exclaim: . He also smurfed for half a season, before he got busted, i do not remember his aka, though. He was playing a qualifier with a smurf, which he won, while he was already qualified with another aka, aswell !

y.zenchenko : a orc-player, who played the same orc-standard to a near perfection , posessing a good unit-control. Often played a more passive style, with creeping/teching and then observing , what the other are doing via mass sentrywards and then jumping in, whenever it seemed to be a good opportunity.
I played a couple of hard games vs him on garena, before we had a game on a newly created map by Mike341 ( or similar) . We spawned close to each other and he asked for peace, which i accepted. So we were exploring the new map, but suddenly he came with 100 food, killing my base, which i did not like at all, because he backstabbed me hard in that kind of a fungame, when he asked me for peace before.
At that time there was a crossover ffa tournament held by fit4gaming, where we two and many other fml players and good soloers took part. We would meet in the semifinal in a 8-way on market, which he ultimateley won, after feeding of clueless guys, while i got suicided by 2 guys, still going into a 3-way, where the other guy refused the team the stacked orc with a huge, towered base and obviously more gold and still woulda flame me. But i did not know, that this orc been yzenchenko, since he played under an aka nnorton. He would end up winning the whole tournament in a 3-way vs nline and yane. After he won, he begged the fit4gaming admins to change his name from nnorton to yzenchenko in the winnerlist, which i found hilarious - not in a good way. He played 2-3 seasonsemifinals i guess and also proceeded to one final, where renaud finished him for satisfying his claims of hating orcs.

renaud : a ffa veteran, who is very versed in playing elf and human. He does not like using bears, when he goes chippo ( which he goes 99% of the time), since they woulda get killed all the times by chimsplash . He won a couple a epic-long matches , which lasted 3-4 + hours. He also likes to claim having bad micro (as manip ofcourse !), which is indeed much better than he pretends. He also is known for "p4k" = playing for keeps. Attacking the first guy, that would creepjack/attack him relentlessly, until one of them would bite the dust. He probably has the best win % vs magadansky for people, who played him more than 10 times. He holds a hardfought  fml-season-championship ( season 12) , aswell as grabbed both King of FFA tournaments !  We had atleast 20 games together over the past 4-5 years.

XoZ_Magadansky/ 3wd.Simo : He is the most successful fml-player with winning 3 titles, aswell as  2 runnerups and 1-2 semifinals. He has developed a pretty well working strat against orc over the years mixing gargs with fiends + destro/wyrm , while webbing bats manually and using stoneform with good timing like no one else.
We played a ton of games together over the years and i doubt, that there are so many other players, who won ( total and not %  :icon_lol: ) more and of course lost more games against him  :icon_wink: . there were times, where he played some undead-variaties as going dl/dk/pitlord vs elf/ud/hu or mixing in a cryptlord vs orc. Also he was tired of ud for some time and chose humanrace for dozens of games. Even random he was chosing a few times, but i recall never seeing him play elf ( except in a 1vs1 series against lightweight ) ^^ . After many games, with some memorable ones such a 6-way silverpine game with daselend/yzenchenko/me and 2 others, which i somehow managed to win, we had a fml-game in season 11. We both needed to win in order to proceed to the semifinal and to make a linger story short, we both lost. After the game he blamed me heavily for being responsible for his loss, which i was not happy about at all, trying to explain what actually happened, but we could not come to terms, which maybe left an aftertaste. I had the strong feeling, that in many of the following games we both played, he was kinda aggressiveley towards me, wanting to make me pay for the loss he suffered in that deciding season 11 game. After some time, it seemed to be  abandoned, but there was a fml-final upcoming, in which we both would play and to make sure, that this game would go a smoother way i brought it up again and luckily it went better, we both woulda still lose, though. :icon_lol: . We two were together with a few others most active in trying to get customgames going and so we kept playing a lot in the same games, which resulted in plenty of close, nice games. It´s not easy to win games vs that good players as magadansky is one of them and i bareley really complained about losing, rather seeing the fun i´m having while playing as my maingoal, but during the past 1-2 years i lost really many games against him. It´s cool, when he plays good ( deserved win) or i am playing a bad game ( deserved loss - no matter, who wins in the end) , but losing those games, where we both were playing solid, but people either not knowing, what magadansly is capable of, ignoring it or behaving like they would rather prefer losing to him than to me ( since losing vs magadansky seems normal :icon_razz: ) is something, that angered me in a couple of games, which lead to some frustation, which i expressed in those games. Magadansky was accusing me of raging and suiciding a couple of times, when it was just not the case, which i did not like. Imo, my reactions must been completely understandable, but he either missed the context or ignoring it, although he could been more grateful for all the wins he racked up in good games vs me, instead of acting like a meanie. I also think, that he had a really good dose of luck in a couple of games and we all know, that luck is a huge factor in ffa, but he was most of the time very denyable and always seemed to take that personally, like i would discredit his wins. Also i commented on some of his games vs others ( although i chose not to many times, even when i was close to  :icon_wink: ) . Just two examples from this season : In the silverpine game yaws suicides the third player in the end, giving magadansky basically a freewin. Then in round 5, the actual threat ( ludix ) disced and he was in a 1vs1 against a good elf, but who had underleveled heroes and a useless tinker .

Lightweight : i think we played our first games on garena, i recall one  on emerald shore. he was new to ffa by then and  a rather handsome guy. He then started to play many bnet ffa´s and quickly added to his good micro overall ffa-knowledge. He played mostly orc on ffa, although he originally was  a humanplayer. He climbed the ffa-ladder, until he reached top5, where he would keep standing longtime, with being rank1 many weeks, simultanously he was playing mass 3n3/4n4 rt games, and through his many wins, but also a often aggressive attitude he become quite a famous player, who had a couple of fanboys, but also a lot of haters. He liked it to polarize and rushed into many arguments, conversations, trollings either creating them on his own, or joining others ( including faking being other players like f-l-y on azeroth ). We had a couple of bnet games together, i cannot recall many, but one was on monsoon together with darkness.calls, who by then decided to own the northrend ffa-ladder. He rushed and tomed lightweight, after powercreeping the map with dr, getting a tome of power and quick lvl 6. we tried to set up a teaming, but the orc would win in the end rather easily. I think soon after Lightweight started to use dr as orc aswell, sometimes copying even darkness basebuild ( altar in front) . He liked to defend his towered base with a big army vs teamers, just like in a game on monsoon vs an undead and an elf ( one of them was svedirko, if i remember correctly ) . Some other bnet games ended up being annoying and lame just as one on deathrose with that ud-hacker amun-, magadansky and myself, where he was backstabbing me so hard ( he once said, he likes to backstab and betray that much, that it´s hard to control ^^ ), putting that hackerguy in a very good spot to win , what he also did in the end ( i´d highly prefer me or him to win this, since magadansky was kinda early out of the game, rushed by the hacker) . He often manipped like a madman, being completeley unpredictable in his reactions, overreacting and making games messy in a unpleasant way. He ended up in many heated battles vs magadansky, who does not show emotions often, but lightweight had his number and they ended up flaming and suiciding each other plenty of times. :icon_biggrin: On fml  he was more reserved and respectful in his official leaguegames. having good success, but not being able to score semifinalwins, except one time. he also was in some other tournament finals, but it seems , that he just could not win those. He played for some time in a way he seemingly did not really want to win, going goofy strats and giving the win away  messing up some games, depending on his mood and mindset, which appeared to change often ^^. He also was subject of several e-dramas on ffareplays and fml-site. One of them resulted in him claiming to "start a new leage on his own " . And he likes and keeps trolling, being sometimes funny, sometimes querulantic and annoying. I especially like, how he often transfers german "sprichwörter" into english  :icon_lol: . recently he got banned, disappointing many fans.

Ugrilainen : i knew he was a player, who was in fml earlier days active when i saw him coming back. we had only a few games early. i recall one bnet game on twilightruins, which was funny. He made a good comeback with using undead speedadvantage vs my elf dr/naga/potm chippo strat . He was a very active fml-admin, especially with being the head of scheduling for some time, very motivated to recruit players for seasons and organizing. We had a couple of bot-games, where he seemingly focused heavily on me ( a game on sanctuary with persuade as human) , + where he manipped a lot vs me ( sanctuary with stepping, eek) and a game on deadlock, where i knew he had good gold, manipping. i´d be reserved and have a good game, accepting to lose. Then in a following game, after he tried to steal experience from my tome ( rsm /duck) on twilight, he started to manip, pretending not to have gold and initiating a teaming vs me , what i did not like and i finally lost my patience and good will ( having those other 3 games on my mind) telling him to " stfu" , he reacted very thinskinned and told me to stay mannered or he´d leave, what he finally did, after i told him to su once again.
After some time, we were cool again, i guess. I filled in as sub 2 times, after i was asked to and ugrilainen overall seemed to be way more relaxed, after he been in some fights of words with several guys in the past, who provoked him.
He started to invest a lot of work and even money in building and tuning the bot. Withouth that bot and his bot-ladder, it´s unlikeley that FFA and FML would exist in the kinda vital form as it is these days. So , much kudos to him.  :icon_cool:

Pinballmap : a german orc, and the only german, who ever become a fml-admin. he kinda kept the fml running smoothly, once they were looking for a european admin. good job, pbm. he was active on replayers.com aswell ( as tbljesus), upping every fml-game, so it would been saved quite safe (ffareplays only stores 10 sites of replay, before deleting them). PBM and i played also a couple of games, i cannot recall many though. One was on silverpine, though some earlier fml round, where i finally won, going dh/alch/panda mass ground. I also remember, that when darkness.called was obsing his games, he always woulda flip out and being hars, once pbm missed to move his wyvvern out of danger  :icon_wink: .

Of course i remember more players, but i cannot recall their names . A couple of other players, who were or are active are : Steppingrazor( we have a similar attitude on ffa, i guess) , Darkness.Called ( a very good orc, having good contacts to blizzard ^^ ) , Worpex ( whoresex?  :icon_twisted: ) , Killin ( fml admin ), Criticalbastard ( newyorker) , Wrecktify ( my favourite, crazy, "the gift of the gab" yank ) , vVv.Erro : For ERRO ! , Seksi/iskes/surroundking : pretty good random player, many well written analysises and put much effort in detailed ffa-guide / discussion on ffareps/fml , some nice gameprediction-rhymes, Persuade : 90% of what he says is trolling, but the rest is often on point and useful  :icon_wink: , is shocked, when he recognized, that he was actually manipping  :icon_lol: , Redkeekee : Record in winning games as sub in a season ( 4 ), set up a really good rush on nooblex, dangerous elf with the tendency to going emo ^^, nooblex : grandpa of chippo, panda/potm/kotg played some nasty 2n2 with lost.ancient, wrote a pretty depth ffa-guide , rsm/duck : WHAT THE QUACK ! , Maddog : goddamn, it´s ze german ^^ , steve.stifler : 200 apm , Madzoo/LionZodiac : funny and good guy, Zohan ( or similar ) : mk/pal/bloodmage banish, mass gryphons, f-l-y : lightweight !  mostly got to know the "emo-ghost" of him only :P, starshaped : one good game let him make the final  :icon_wink:, Rain : crazy talking, well microing ,  finnishClownz0r : Kiwi ! Tinkerfan, baserace herocombos, necrowagon , Mog : meow, "purr" , Ashalar : Orc´n´Undead, nice micro , LeL: Deathstar , mogg_maniac , vain_endeavour, j33, paterique, punk, w8man, bryan , i.have.no.micro, flameseeker, protonXX, audigy Unholydreadlord . to everyone, that i forgot, who knows me: hio  :icon_smile:

TBC pt. 4
« Last Edit: November 20, 2013, 04:33:24 pm by Slythe »

Offline SteppinRazor

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SteppinRazor
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2013, 07:20:15 pm »
wow you have quite the memory slythe.  nice write-ups

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2013, 08:22:32 pm »
The best part about Slythe's write up is that Persuade's AKA has a bigger section then he does. LOL

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: persuade
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2013, 09:10:32 pm »
made me laugh

Magadansky

« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2013, 09:14:57 pm »
Nice idea and write-ups Slythe.

My story is pretty long so I will cut it short and stress more or less the main points until the moment when I reached the FFA scene.

During RoC I never played Bnet. There was a internet cafe with like 90 PCs in which often times with friends we went to play usually from 3v3+ (even 6v6 on Ice Crown and Divide and Conquer). I loved those games, there were pretty funny and hilarious. I also played the campaign several times but never opted for online gaming.

With the beginning of TFT, this changed. I first started playing on a Bulgarian server called Headoff. Eventually I gained some skill, playing elf, and even reached Rank 1 solo. Then I decided to take over Bnet and sold (lol) my acc there for 25 EUR.

The clan in bnet where I eventually landed was xeQ and we became really close friends with these guys. We played in some leagues eventually and we started to get noticed. Back then, the ladder was also very competitive so I was playng against pros all the time.

One time I had the pleasure to face Insomnia on TM (my fav map) and managed to win. I was really proud of myself so I asked him after can I post the replay. He said "please dont" but eventually I couldnt resist so I did post it which turned out to be a bad idea. During LAN tournaments, Inso was always cold towards me after this incident, even when I changed clans and ended in 3wD, a team which he supported in Bulgaria, mostly with coaching and tournament connections.

After we failed to qualify to ESL, the team went international and since I felt that I wont play because of the new names, I decided to leave and also to stop playing solo. At that point I was chilling with some FFA games and even got pretty high ranked. Then FS-TC-SH contacted me, asking if I am interested in playing in this FML league, as a sub in his match. I said ok and this is how I ended up in the league, with my first match on Gold Rush against Pencil, Bobas and an elf but cant remember who exactly.