March 29, 2024, 04:20:06 am

Author Topic: S17 Feedback Thread  (Read 10069 times)

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Undead
S17 Feedback Thread
« on: December 09, 2013, 11:21:32 am »
So S17 is just about ready to finish and I think it has been a fun season and very successful. We used a brand new format which seemed to be well received and it was fun. However, that's a fairly bias opinion from someone who is running the league. haha

I want to hear the opinions from everyone who participated in the league or just followed it. Please stick to the following format:

What you liked the most about this season:
What you liked the least about this season:
Changes you want to see for S18:
Additional comments:

Thanks!!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 12:21:31 pm by FML|Pinballmap »

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
Re: S17 Feedback Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 11:47:30 am »
What you liked the league about this season:

sorry i dont get that one.. forgot a word or my bad english? :(

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: persuade
  • Race: Random
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 11:52:15 am »

I think he meant what you liked the least about the season

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 12:04:52 pm »
I would say the earlier stages of the season were a disaster with all the scheduling conflicts/amount of people we had to sub/ and overall poor sportsmanship by some of the players.  Even later on we had a lot of players just give up without a warning (darkness/y.z) and all this does is make more work for the admins and it is quite frustrating.

I understand that a lot people get very emotional about winning/losing but we need to be nicer towards each other. Even ignoring the lightweight incident, in the earlier stages of the game a lot of veteran players, myself included at one point, (towards wan) were very hostile towards new player because of the way they played.

We should be encouraging more players into the league and not lambaste their playstyle just because it is different and not what we veterans are accustomed to.

I also dislike in general the amount of accusations that are thrown around the newer players, specifically the solo pros who have very good game sense when it comes to creeping/knowledge of players behavior.  I won't single anyone out, but some are very vocal about accusing others of cheating and maphacking, when they have absolutely no proof whatsoever. 
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 12:06:32 pm by FML|Persuade »

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 12:07:00 pm »
Semi was awesome (persuade's)
Seeing Yaws in FML
Shoutcasts were funny and interesting (Wpx/Mage, Mage/Wreck...)
Gj from admins too

Many long boring mass chat games. reminded me of S11. There were very few exciting games. I would recall this semi and Audigy wins vs Yaws as great and tooo many long/passive games (Meeds winning on death bayou doing nothing, maga vs renaud 6 hours...).

Taking everyone like in S11 is not a good idea.

Some suicide too.. Wreck/Renaud, Jeys on Pers, LW on Seksi... well, we have seen most exciting seasons.

Also Elimination mode was just used to take out inactive players most of the time. And I didnt really liked the rule change mid season to try to keep Wan and Target on board while they should have been eliminated. Was weird.

I dont feel elimination mode was really good. Maybe less players next season but motivated ones who are active and dont have an history of no showing so we really have the elite of FFA fighting for the title.

Additional comments:
After congratulating him for his play, I will congratulate Persuade for his admin job. He proved to Worpex I was really not needed to manage the league :D
Scheduling went smoothly, except when players were totally inactive (what can you do then...)

So stop with guys like yz, rsm, wan, target, darkness... they are awesome players but now they are retired. They might show up for a couple of games but they wont play an entire season.

Offline Pinballmap

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Replay Master
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Pinballmap
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 12:22:33 pm »

I think he meant what you liked the least about the season

I also did not get that sentence but i think you are right ;) Also i corrected some words in the 1st post.

Ill sum up my thought later today.

Offline Meeds

• FML Bets Season 2 Winner
  • Tauren
    • View Profile
    • GProxy++
  • B.net Account: Meeds.
  • Coins: 20
  • Race: Human
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2013, 12:32:32 pm »
Lot of players, Some really good solo ones, such as Wan, Yaws, etc

Scheduling, too much people are too lazy giving precise scheduling, with both time zones (cet/est), maybe you should present an open source or a free website to facilitate the scheduling.
Look at all my game, my scheduling was always precise, with much details, 1 line per day, and both time zone.
I don't know, maybe people not following this thread : http://ffamasters.net/index.php?topic=22.0
should get a punishment or something. As explained in this thread, I've seen more "bap posts" than "good posts"

Try to not put American with Russian in the same match, only if needed (like semi finals). It is horrible scheduling between Russian and American

Additional comments:
I am really happy I came up to the semi final this season ! I really didn't think I will go that far. Some big names know me pretty well (like Maga). When I joined FML 1 year ago I was considering these guys as stars, they feel more like friends today. Thanks for building this community !

Magadansky

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2013, 01:31:05 pm »
It was close and a lot of players had a shot for semi/finals, thanks to the system as well. Makes for more excitement pre-game. Also, some new names as mentioned.

A lot of people dropped because of inactivity. I agree that there should be a way to punish people for not scheduling and overall have a long history of delayed scheduling/not showing at all. I prefer players who may be less skilled but play regularly rather than people who show for two games and then miss everything else.

I like how every season has some new format so I am in for some changes.

Additional comments:
Thanks for the nice words Meeds, I agree and it is also a pleasure to be part of the community :)

Also, about the suicides - it is unavoidable. There are always going to be conflicts and grudges. It is part of FFA.

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Ebo
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2013, 01:52:26 pm »
What I liked:

FFA is alive thanks to FML and Ugri's ladder. Thanks to all of you for continuing to keep it alive, and become even bigger than before. Glad to see more players join.

Also, elves are winning, thank god. I'm still afraid one of the randoms in the finals will go the typical am mk pal crap.

What I didn't like:

Same as every other season. I've said it many times, and will say it again, FFA should be played for the win, not for points. There should be no points given except for winning. Maybe for top score you can give 1 point. 10/10/5 system is really detrimental to idea of ffa where it's all about last man standing. Everyone should be playing for the win, not points. Mentality of "yeah it's ok I'll suicide this guy, and get at least 10 points, or if I'm lucky still pull off a win" should be gone. It's really against the spirit. But just IMO, I'm sure most people would disagree.

Outside of elves, everyone continues to ignore the problem of cheese. It's boring as hell to watch and absolutely disgusting how people go for personal problems vs each other instead of teaming the cheesers first. Am / mk / pal or bm / sh/ tc in game ===> team them out. Shit's way too stupidly op and makes games insanely boring.

Season 18:

No real suggestions, I think the format is good.

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2013, 02:19:30 pm »

Outside of elves, everyone continues to ignore the problem of cheese. It's boring as hell to watch and absolutely disgusting how people go for personal problems vs each other instead of teaming the cheesers first. Am / mk / pal or bm / sh/ tc in game ===> team them out. Shit's way too stupidly op and makes games insanely boring.

You still fail to comprehend the fact that people care about winning more than anything.  Mog is probably the only player that constantly picks a non cheese starting hero, but because people want to win, they will pick a hero composition that gives them the highest chance.

Sure a beastmaster here or a pitlord there might work, but generally vs the best players, you need to use the best heroes.

I'm all for using my fun compositions in a friendly game, or even an early round in the season, but when winning is the most important part of a game, such as the semis/finals, going a non standard composition will cost you the game.

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2013, 02:23:26 pm »
Maga picked a panda in one of his game!!!
Turned out it was a terrible choice, but he still did it! :D

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2013, 02:33:13 pm »
We can create a mode where you can chose 2/3 heroes... the 3rd is random from any race! :)

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Ebo
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2013, 02:33:41 pm »

You still fail to comprehend the fact that people care about winning more than anything.  Mog is probably the only player that constantly picks a non cheese starting hero, but because people want to win, they will pick a hero composition that gives them the highest chance.

Sure a beastmaster here or a pitlord there might work, but generally vs the best players, you need to use the best heroes.

I'm all for using my fun compositions in a friendly game, or even an early round in the season, but when winning is the most important part of a game, such as the semis/finals, going a non standard composition will cost you the game.

I get that, people do what they wanna do. I'm just saying when this happens, others have to team them, instead of focusing on personal squabbles. And if there are 4 cheesers in game, they can fight each other fair, it's all good.

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2013, 03:56:44 pm »
Ok make a new topic about cheese please, we're getting off topic. Moar feedback please!!! Everything we've heard so far is great and we're discussing it all internally. Make your voice heard!!! :D

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2013, 04:02:10 pm »
Make a rule that winning in more than 70 mn gets you -5pts

We can code maps to show when a player is 50 food too (to avoid too much hoarding, to avoid mass long passive sitting games...)