April 27, 2024, 01:09:31 am

Author Topic: S17 Feedback Thread  (Read 10113 times)

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
Re: S17 Feedback Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2013, 04:30:57 pm »
I would be against the 50 food flag, since it makes scouting less important
Removing points after a certain time would be ok for me (and I'm the one usually stuck in these longs game!) although I would probably say 2h, or a different time based on the map

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2013, 04:33:11 pm »
I completely disagree with that. haha People play FFA in their own way, I don't see a reason to penalize a strategy. Just 8x through the slow bits of a replay.

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2013, 04:38:58 pm »
even x8, it takes 45 minutes to watch maga vs renaud ... :D

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2013, 04:39:40 pm »
also minigame : if you use the word "help", you get -1 pt each time you say it

EDIT : there is a good idea thjough behind ebo's usual demantia.

Try to find a system where there are no points, or at least only winner get some points
« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 04:41:15 pm by Ugrilainen »

Offline humans7ar

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: humans7ar
  • Race: Human
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2013, 04:40:48 pm »
i liked lw's ban ;-)
i would like to play in s18(not 100%sure) but i do not apologize ^_^

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Ebo
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2013, 04:58:22 pm »
EDIT : there is a good idea thjough behind ebo's usual demantia.

Try to find a system where there are no points, or at least only winner get some points

Aww thanks

I know it`s hell to figure out rankings without points, not sure what can be done about it. But I really hate when people don't play for the win, I seriously start having rage issues because of this.

Offline Wrecktify

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
  • Supreme Admin of FML
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SerWrecktify
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2013, 05:13:02 pm »
What you liked the most about this season:

New peoples
New maps

What you liked the least about this season:

Multi-round elimination format / Seeded matches each round - this made it feel like some sort of zombie combination of KOFFA and a bnet tourney, instead of a league.  Leagues have a static number, you play everyone, you move on to finals.  This felt like a 4 month tournament, which is what KOFFA is supposed to be I think?

Lack of qualifiers - So many uncommitted people playing in the first few rounds.  15/20 slots could probably be filled with good/great players who are committed to the game. Id rather have a good committed player like Jeys than a great, uncommited player like Duck. Playing with a sub sucks big time.

Changes you want to see for S18 / Additional comments:

A few seasons ago we did round robin until the last round which was seeded.  I think that was a good format.  (Like the NFL where you make each round matter.)

No stupid rules please (punishing players who 'play slow', adding a crypt lord only round, etc.  Keep fun games to non-competitive play (ie: persuades fun games have been good so far)

Add "post your 2 week schedule, day by day breakdown by end of Monday or lose 5 points" rule and get people to stop being imbeciles about posting schedules.

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2013, 05:16:43 pm »
Well to be fair the first 2 rounds were pretty much the qualifiers

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2013, 05:27:48 pm »
Multi-round elimination format / Seeded matches each round - this made it feel like some sort of zombie combination of KOFFA and a bnet tourney, instead of a league.  Leagues have a static number, you play everyone, you move on to finals.  This felt like a 4 month tournament, which is what KOFFA is supposed to be I think?

I really liked this format as well! It did feel like a long tournament but at the same time, still felt like a league. With that said, I don't feel like its something that should be done twice in a row. I definitely think this format will be used again, but I think its unlikely to be done in S18.

A few seasons ago we did round robin until the last round which was seeded.  I think that was a good format.  (Like the NFL where you make each round matter.)

What season was this? I can't remember...

No stupid rules please (punishing players who 'play slow', adding a crypt lord only round, etc.  Keep fun games to non-competitive play (ie: persuades fun games have been good so far)

Unless they're side tournaments, like KoFFA, stupid rules wont get added into official FML seasons while i'm around.

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2013, 05:42:06 pm »
Well round robin is everyone meets everyone right?  That would be the original style we used
But I think he was talking about the swiss style?

Offline Wrecktify

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
  • Supreme Admin of FML
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SerWrecktify
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2013, 05:59:13 pm »
Quote from: Worp
What season was this? I can't remember...

3 seasons ago I want to say.  The idea was to maintain the round robin idea of the first 3-5 rounds, while ensuring everyone was playing for something in the last one.   My main problem with this season was losing early and winning later was a lot easier than winning early and then winning later.  (That being said you guys did a great job with this season, especially considering the number of issues, crazy players, cheaters, and general nuts who play this gametype.)

Quote from: Renawd
Well to be fair the first 2 rounds were pretty much the qualifiers

Spare the majority of us playing through that then plox.  Also if you put a bunch of lousy players in one match together they wont have the standing to rage against someone for playing "wrong" (to Pers' earlier point about players being mean to other players about playstyles.  Let the clueless kill eachother off!)

Offline FML|Mog

• Global Moderator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Mog[skynet]
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2013, 06:29:11 pm »
I'm at work so I will add more later, but what I liked most was the format of the season. Made it so every round was important and competitive, and also allowed for a lot of new people to play in the season. I think if you combined the theory of this format with a sort of qaulifiar round, it would help to weed out people who aren't committed or active. For example, there were like 6-7 people accepted this season who never played a single game. If you can mesh the two formats into a cohesive idea, I think it would cut down on the amount of subs needed for games. Which is what I disliked the most--the amount of subs which led to poor games (And poor situations such as with jey).

Will add more later.

Offline Searcher_FF

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Searcher_FF
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2013, 04:54:12 am »
+ i'de like admins to approve subs, so that they can take someone with approximately same level as the person being replaced, coz players as it revealed are afraid sometimes and choose noobs.

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Slythe
  • Race: Random
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2013, 06:01:24 am »
What you liked the most about this season:

couple of new committed new(er) players ( Meeds, Jey, Dovekie, Ludix, Toyota)
couple of good soloplayers ( yaws, kpect)

good "problem-management" by admins

surprising finalists ( mog, j33)

searchers streaming ( i usually prefer watching replays or observe, because wtv/ggtv etc always disappointed me, but twitch looks decent, although i only kept watching the semi for about 30% of the game )

What you liked the least about this season:

lack of good games : not enough development/action in longer games, too many easy wins  without the winner playing a way, where an easy would been justified ( executing a good strategy or a plan well can result in easy wins, which is ok ).

lwīs/humiīs behaviour etc.

couple of players stopping to play midway the season( elessar, darkness, rsm, yz).

Changes you want to see for S18:

new maps are good and nice, but i did not like how the games went on deathīs bajyou e.g.. I dunno, if it was a matter of not testing it enough or making it kown to players. Maybe it was just a coincidence or inhomogeneity of players.

maybe customizing already existing maps is worth a shot ( like fixing shops on silverpine, deathrose removing things like spellshield, staff of silence, crown of kings, infernal )  or fixing the ramp on marketsquare ( removing infernal, claws +15, dagger). The changes on emerald shores worked out quite well and a map like this ( or one more in this season iīd appreciate ).

donīt let everyone in again. Probably give some players a bye ( autoqualify) ( semi/finalists) + invite players, who proved to be good competetion without causing unacceptable trouble. ( shitty scheduling, missing games often w/o explanation, cheating etc)

Then do a qualifier for the remaining spots.

Put on some showmatches ( strong players of each race, only soloplayers, only orcs, only banned people, usa vs europe just some suggestions )

Donīt give players, who caused trouble again and again, another chance ( they maybe can still play everything except league) .

probably give a 4th place 6 instead of 5 pts ( sometimes ur screwed by spawn and ppl wonīt care about prolonging a 4way and with just 5 pts in a game or 2 ur often screwed).

give additional pts for wins in consecutive games ( extra motivation for the player, attention from other players not to let  a player get too much ahead in standings ).

Additional comments:

donīt forget to post in the wc3/ffa-history thread ^^.

wreck did actually miss a game ( season 11, game 4, i think) .

when a game seems to stuck ( stalement etc. ) with the power of bot, an admin ( if avaiable and obsing) could encourage the players to be more active via reffing-chat.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 06:04:48 am by Slythe »

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Ebo
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2013, 11:11:00 am »
Definitely penalize people for not scheduling quicker. Better have fewer active players than lots of flaky ones.

The new map was interesting but portals should be gone... those things are absolutely broken.