April 29, 2024, 09:02:06 am

Author Topic: FML Stream  (Read 18109 times)

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
FML Stream
« on: April 30, 2013, 10:28:49 pm »
Ok, as many of you probably know we're working on getting an FML Stream/Shoutcast together.  We will be shoutcasted by yours truly and :USA: :ne: Mog[Skynet] primarily, though we will certainly have some other guests on it from time to time.

The videos can be found here: http://www.twitch.tv/ffamastersleague

I'll post in this thread when we're live so people can watch, hopefully we'll have a better system in the future.

Please post all thoughts, comments, critique, or praise in here.  We want to hear it all.  Pure flaming will be deleted, but negative critique phrased in a constructive manner is welcome!  To see the previous casting that Mog and I did look in the videos section of the stream.  I'll edit it to the appropriate parts sometime tomorrow.

Thanks everyone, and please remember to click the purple follow button below the video to follow us!  The more followers we have, the more publicity we get  :icon_biggrin:
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 10:31:24 pm by FML|Mage »
Hi

Offline humans7ar

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: humans7ar
  • Race: Human
Re: FML Stream
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 05:06:53 am »
nice

Offline Sinae

• Peon
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: intoxme
  • Race: Random
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 06:35:19 pm »
Can't tell you how much I think it's a great idea! Can't wait to hear/watch your first cast!

Offline FML|Mage

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 08:39:13 pm »
Shoutcasting in 5!
Hi

Offline FML|Mage

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 10:52:55 pm »
Finished up casting a pretty exciting game, dragged a bit in the middle but we managed to finish it despite my attempts to lag out, and and super sore throat. 

http://www.twitch.tv/ffamastersleague/b/398719601

Recorded shoutcast can be found there, give us some feedback!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 10:21:28 am by FML|Mage »
Hi

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 11:51:24 pm »
GeeZed!!!!!

Ugri2

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 11:52:38 pm »
Mage and Mog amazing shoutcasting team.

They balance well between commenting the action live, giving some backgrounds on players, doing some prospection on what is going to happen, guessing what is in these players head and giving some tips about ffa.

They dont seem to have any pause struggling for their words. You feel their friendship, their respect for each other and for the players. None is overtalking, both gets about 50/50 of the shoutcast time.

well done.

Ugri2

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 11:53:42 pm »
Room for improvement :

- learning on how to pronounce my name.
- knowing a bit more about languages : ugrilainen is absolutely not a french word, but a finnish word (hi Rain) :)

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 12:28:22 am »
And learning how to pronounce Z!

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: sEksi
  • Race: Random
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 12:40:52 am »
Great job casting, listened to it all (skimming some parts).  I like the combo of both of you, kept it entertaining. 

Couple of points:

-Not using my gold when I had around 8k 40 food did bite me in the ass like you said, Gz. came with 100 food and almost killed me. 

-From here though, I wasn't playing dead.  I only had 2k gold once I made an army and it wouldn't make sense to spend any more on units vs DR and elves as human.  Better to use the gold on heroes/buildings. 

-In the end of the game when I said "wanted to see if you could kill it" you guys said "now he's getting cocky" and it was abnoxious or annoying.  I wasn't talking about the Panda though, I was talking about my island of towers that no one noticed (even the obs) on the right side of the map.  I had built 8 guard towers on one of the islands with a peasent and zepplin and I wanted to see if it could be killed.  WIthout a chim I don't think they all could be reached with Panda flame.  That's what I was referring too.

-Now I will switch my style of play and no longer withhold gold.  It has been a strategy to combat excessive teaming because it seems like every game I will do well initially and have the advantage then get teamed down.  Winning late game with gold is a way... but I won't play like that anymore.  1 because everyone assumes I have gold until I am "defeated" and two its just not as fun and I am going to use more force and decisive thinking in the 3 way when getting teamed. 

Lastly, outside of withholding gold you cannot say I manip much in comparison.  I battle and fight and late game I tend to hold on to gold and try to get the attention away from me.  I'm not trying to get others to team with me excessively or blatantly lie about different situations.  Still, I see how holding on to gold can be bothersome (even though magadansky manips as much as anyone) and not the cleanest style of play. 

I re enginerred my game after last seasons finals and won my first three FML games and the ladder season 2.  I am constantly adapting and will re engineer again for the future leaving out some points and focusing on new ones.  You won't be able to auto-assume much about my game any more which will make me more dangerous.  Or... maybe you still think that's just manip =)

THE GAME:

Gz. had a nice showing and is improving, picking up skills here and there from obsing he is turning into a FFA player.  Different things here and there he will learn with experience.  I agree with Mog and Mage's comments.

Ugri - Unfortunate game for you, but you should know fiends do not do well vs Chippo.  If you can hit him early with 80 food you can do well, but once he can make 100 food with higher level DR/Panda fiends are worthless vs elf. 

Rkk - Not a bad rush, as you can see it could've been the game early on.  I wasn't expecting bear/dryad with my rifle/caster based army.  However I was able to hold you off and secure an advantage at 80 food as the shouters pointed out. 

I enjoy this hero combo most fighting in fights, its really awesome.  Originally shown by htrt, I choose devotion aura instead of divine shield because at level 2 you get +3 armor.  This is combo with 3 armor upgrades and inner fire is a rediculous amount of armor.  One major point I missed was getting heal spray instead of acid bomb.  High level paladin heal, haze on panda (debuff for less incoming damage) and heal spray combined with high hp and armor units is a defensive juggernaut. 

In this game I made the right decisions, generally, in the 3 way to win the game.  This is my weak point in my opinion usually so I was happy with the result.

GG nice shoutcast, looking forward to more.  FaH-Q- coming soon.   :icon_biggrin:

Ugri2

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2013, 01:08:36 am »

Offline Redkeekee

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Redkeekee
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2013, 01:11:19 am »
Very much enjoyed listening to the cast - I should have been asleep hours ago.

I think it's extremely interesting to see what people think im thinking and compare it with what I actually am.  Most often it was right, or eventually right.  I agree with most things they said - except that I suicide a lot, which has happened a few times recently, but I have actually never intentionally suicided a single FML match, just a few cgs where I was really pissed off.

Two small things I would note - A lot of the time when I was attacking Gz at his main, it was because I was trying to force a tp, because I couldn't fight him straight up and he was going to my main, which I would not have been able to defend.  I have been known to get too chatty when people aren't doing what I think is the right decision, as casters pointed out, so I was just trying to stay alive as best I could and keep him from killing my base.  Also I kept hippos around me because I was scared of hidden gryphs ^_^.

Overall I think the stream was very successful and I hope you two keep doing it for a long time - very good discussions and very good analysis.  Ultimately people will have things to say about what you said about them (as seksi's book, and my paragraph, show) but you can't honestly be expected to know exactly what's going on in someone's head, and the fact that you were very close most of the time is impressive.

M&M#1!
:ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne:

Offline FML|Mog

• Global Moderator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Mog[skynet]
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2013, 01:30:41 am »
Thanks for the feedback guys! I am also very pleasantly surprised with how easy it is to shoutcast with Mage. I thought we might be awkward together at first because we wouldn't have chemistry; but so far it has worked out surprisingly well for us. This has me pleasantly surprised, and I'm sure we can improve as well.

@Seksi: I apologize if some of my comments seemed rude or condescending about your playstyle. I never really finished what I wanted to say, because I kept seeing battles or something more important to point out. Basically, what I was trying to say was you have shown many games having hidden gold, or feigning death. This is, of course, not an uncommon thing in FFA. Not saying you are the only one who has done it, just that you have won some memorable games from it, so I would think people would be more active with their scouting of you in late game situations such as the one this game produced. I don't think I ever really got my complete out in the cast, so for that I apologize. Also in regards to my statements on manip--I think manip is an important skill in FFA. Maga manips very much, but he has somehow mastered doing it in a logical way. One where even though you KNOW he is manipping, he still laces his manip with truthful statements, making players think or re-evaluate a situation in ways they may not have previously been doing. This past season, you showed incredible improvement. When you first entered FML, you didn't manip enough, and got teamed often. Then you flipped to the opposite end of the spectrum and your manip became too obvious. Then in the past few months you've seemed to really balance your play out and find a nice inbetween point, which has shown in your strong results.

Oh, and you are correct, neither Mage nor myself ever saw your island towers. It is really hard to see brown on that map :)

@RKK: ty for the feedback, you are correct, we can't know exactly what is running through someones head. I like to try and see things from others' perspectives as best as I can, but of course, I (and Mage) will be wrong from time to time. I will try not to be overly critical, or offensive, but objectively give honest analysis as best I can.

Ugri2

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2013, 01:34:14 am »
damn if you have to apologize each time you say nothing wrong, what will happen when you will

Offline Redkeekee

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Redkeekee
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2013, 01:51:23 am »
damn if you have to apologize each time you say nothing wrong, what will happen when you will

lol - I would have to say this is the strongest piece of feedback to emphasize.

@Mog - What I meant by my comment is that you guys did a great job figuring out what everyone was thinking, and the fact that I was only able to pick out 2 things is extremely impressive.  Seksi, and other players like him, will always have a volume of things to say about comments people make on their playing, I wouldn't change a thing about the way you cast this game.  What's important is that you highlight the interesting moments and give people a perspective to compare it against, which you did.  I for one, learned a lot about how people view my actions, how they are interpreted, and got a number of good ideas about how to use that to my advantage for next time.  Even if you're initial assessment of what I was thinking wasn't exactly right, it gives me a great opportunity to learn how actions like that will be interpreted in the future.

In summary: In my opinion this was brilliant and you should take defensive comments from people about things you say with a grain of salt - you're only saying what you see and cannot be expected to be perfect.