April 29, 2024, 07:59:35 am

Author Topic: FML Stream  (Read 18108 times)

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: sEksi
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Random
Re: FML Stream
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2013, 03:27:04 am »
Mog, you're good.  I appreciated the shoutcast and you guys did a great job.  I don't know about volumes but like rkk said it's cool to hear others views and how actions or players are interpreted throughout the game.  I like to give my analysis and enjoy hearing others as well.  It's helpful and interesting. 

Nice work !
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 03:38:04 am by Seksi »

Offline Gz.

• Peon
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Gz.
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2013, 06:55:51 am »
hey guys !
i really enjoy this game, i'll check the shoutcast later but if you got some advices or informations for me let me know i'll take all comments as a way to be better in the futur :D
thx
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 06:58:21 am by Gz. »
Noobelf for life !

Ugri2

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2013, 08:01:37 am »
hey guys !
i really enjoy this game, i'll check the shoutcast later but if you got some advices or informations for me let me know i'll take all comments as a way to be better in the futur :D
thx

just listen to the shoutcast, 2 :ne: shoutcasted and pointed out your mistakes

Offline Gz.

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2013, 08:05:36 am »
i did and i have ti say i did a lot of errors but it was a really good game.
went to bed at 5:15 am in the end all i wanted was to sleep or obs lol

GG !

edit : tell me if you want to make more games ^^
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 08:29:06 am by Gz. »
Noobelf for life !

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2013, 09:26:43 am »
Thanks for all the feedback guys, much appreciated.

@Seksi: Bring back pwnage Seksi!  It's always a lot of fun to just watch you dominate with high level heroes and take on 2v1's :)  Also nice comments, much appreciated when you take the actual time to give us that much feedback.

@Gz.  Lot's of stuff to improve on, but also focus on the positive.  You really did play a hell of a game, and at this level it doesn't take a huge mistake to screw you up.  Also, dedication!

@Ugri:  Maybe we'll learn it maybe we won't =D  Thanks for the comments and praise though, much appreciated since we're just getting started.

@RKK: Thanks for the comments!  The insight about the hippos especially was extremely useful for me.  I never even thought about hidden gryphs and only saw them as food for the alchy!

Overall, I'm extremely pleased about the feedback we've received so far.  For the second time casting together I have to say I think Mog and I blend really well together.  Our total skype call (pre and post game included) was two and a half hours and I never felt like we had long awkward breaks where we couldn't find anything to say.  It truly is a pleasure to cast with him, and I'd like to personally thank him for bringing the idea back to my attention.  Without his enthusiasm I wouldn't have worked so hard to get it working again.  I think it's safe to say that you'll be hearing more from us in the future!

Also one question to those that have watched.  I started lagging a bit at one point, how bad was that on the stream and how long did it last?  In addition were there any technical errors that occurred?  How did I do following as an obs.  Any tips on what you'd like to see more of or less of?  It's obviously a bit hard to know what other people want when I'm just following my own thoughts ^-^

Thanks again, and be sure to pass it along and have others watch!
Hi

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2013, 09:29:05 am »
Didn't see the new cast, haven't had time to watch it. Howver, I thought you guys were fantastic during your first cast!!! Can't wait to see/hear more from you guys!!!

Offline Gz.

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2013, 10:15:55 am »
It was a crazy game with an incredible shoutcast.
Or was really good to hear u and u both were right on many comments.
I hope you Will make more !

Btw the streaming lag sometimes but i cant say how long
Noobelf for life !

Offline Redkeekee

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Redkeekee
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2013, 11:02:04 am »
Also one question to those that have watched.  I started lagging a bit at one point, how bad was that on the stream and how long did it last?  In addition were there any technical errors that occurred?  How did I do following as an obs.  Any tips on what you'd like to see more of or less of?  It's obviously a bit hard to know what other people want when I'm just following my own thoughts ^-^

Lag lasted between 3-10 seconds, only a couple times. (maybe 2-3)

Obs view was quite good.  Only like 1 or 2 times where I wanted to be looking at something else while you were engrossed in discussion, but it could have been that I wanted you to pay attention to me because I'm an attention whore.  Overall you did very well, it's tricky when there are battles going on at different places at the same time, so figuring out which one to watch is really a coin flip.

Things I'd like to see more of - if you ever watch husky & day9 cast together for sc2, husky does the real time exciting battle commentary then day9 goes into strategy discussion.  I don't know if that dynamic would make sense for you two but it is quite effective.  I think FFA is a very strategy based game type so it would be natural for both of you to discuss it together.  I really liked the battle commentary though, I don't think any important fights were missed.  But in terms of things I'd like to see more of, I guess some in depth micro discussion and choices, why people move their armies the way they do, positioning, etc.  You did do plenty of it, but more couldn't hurt  :icon_biggrin:.

Things I'd like to see less of - hmm, it's hard to say, because I really liked what you chose to talk about - I'll have to watch some more casts and let you know what jumps out at me, so far nothing to complain about.
:ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne:

:ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne:

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: sEksi
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2013, 01:09:21 pm »
"Any tips on what you'd like to see more of or less of?  It's obviously a bit hard to know what other people want when I'm just following my own thoughts ^-^"

So far, so good.  You both provided your thoughts and views throughout the game in a variety of areas which was nice.  A couple things worth talking about, in my opinion:

1) Early game macro/build order.  This is commonly overlooked when watching a replay by most players because you are looking at everyone and getting into the game.  However, this is what I pay attention to most early on.  One of my strengths is I have really good early build/creep orders which puts me in position to engage or defend in the first fight.  Things like the amount of workers before teching, how many on wood while expoing and before teching, the timing of expo, tech, shredder, level 3 etc. 

2) Creeps: Which creeps on the chosen map are most valuable and generally an order to go for.  Ex: Based on spawns, which red creeps should you grab first and is it better to creep around the middle or edges? What about items, which creep camps will benefit specific races more then others?

3) Items and Unit combination.  Commenting on how a player builds his heroes and why or why not certain items are good in FFA.  Unit combination is obviously key, it could be discussed how to counter certain armies and why or why not a player is using different units. 

4) In battle decisions.  Some more notes on which moves a player will emphasize as a priority in battle and why.

These are more specific things that would add more helpful information to an already great shoutcast team.  Some players will have more information on these then others, but everyone will have a different opinion and insight on these kind of things would always be interesting.  It would definately be cool to have players come on as a guests with you two, I would like to contribute my thoughts to an already successful team =D

Those are my 2c, again nicely done I was impressed so far.

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2013, 01:20:57 pm »
Guests would be awesome! Would have to do it right though. I really think 3 person shoutcast teams are too much, so if there is a guest, it should be like an interview or something. With 3 people it get clumsy and people talk over each other.

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: persuade
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2013, 01:31:56 pm »
i can guest appear tomorrow if my game is rescheduled

Ugri2

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2013, 03:31:11 pm »
well there is no other game tomorrow but yours

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2013, 03:07:43 pm »
Just a note, Redkeekee and I will be casting tonight at 8:45 EST.  I'll post a link to the stream here when we're live as well as on the chatbox.  Please comment and critique here, and I'll add the video to the archives.
Hi

Offline Gz.

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2013, 03:33:12 pm »
thx seksi, i'll try all of this when i'll train
Noobelf for life !

Offline FML|Mage