April 28, 2024, 03:23:57 am

Author Topic: FML Season 28 | Round 1  (Read 8314 times)

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Slythe
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Random
Re: FML Season 28 | Round 1
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2018, 04:52:56 pm »
Many questionsmark about this season. I like to see some new players (atleast to me) and a couple of guys that have not played for a longer time.
For myself - i started playing again like 2 weeks ago and had a 8 month break before that. In that time i checked results on ffamasters but have not seen any replays or streams besides about 15 mins of the previous FML final Vod/Stream (and 1-2 times a HT stream), did not read any discord stuff etc. So i am not really up to date what´s going on here and also need some time for adapting to the many changes of the latest patches.

Match 1

:ra: :Germany: Joggel
:ne: :USA: Donald-Trump
:ra: :USA: Eshan
:ne: :Argentina: supremo

Joggel seems to be a well rounded player with a lot of potential.
Trump and Eshan are both as seasoned and experienced as they come, seemingly rely a lot on cheesy tactics, manipluations and try-hard attitude. Let´s see if they are teaming up because of their similarities of fight for each other´s death.
Supremo is the guy that you are rooting for when obsing his game and damning him when you´re playing against.
Please get NOEXXX as a Caster for that!!!

Match 2

:ne: :USA: Mog[skynet]
:hu: :Peru: SuperCumulo
:ud: :France: Ugrilainen
:ne: :Germany: Trunkz

Mog stepped away from leading the ravenclaw pack and representing as FML admin? So he can focus more on his FML FFA is my answer to that. He is dangerous and a threat to everyone -  a loaded weapon!
Another final to the impressive resume of the peruvian star of the ffa scene: Cumulo. He has to prove something and will face his previous final conqueror.
Ugrilainen had many hours of bootcamp with TH000, 120 and Changyu Wine. Micro won´t be a problem for him, but the mystic ffa mechanics might be a hole in his armor.
Trunkz does not need to be active in FFA to stay in shape. Playing the Piano, Jungling vs superhuman creeps in LOL and styling his hair in less than 15 minutes every morning keeps his reflexes intact.

Match 3

:orc: :Russia: b100death
:ud: :Russia: Jaod
:ra: :Lithuania: Peanut
:ne: :USA: Dovekie

A game full of well microing, proud, stubborn individuals.
b100 makes a surprise comeback with a strange reason in wanting to fight dovekie and instantly gets his wish -  good for him and his motivation and hopefully also for us as the interested follower.
Jaod seems to be quite inactive lately but with feeding his little daughters, preventing them from grabbing the dangerours things and being a husband and provider he still has the multitasking and stresstested mindset to compete in the filthy mother of all free-for-all gametypes.
Peanut can be a unstoppable force or a complete fallout. With that strong cast he hopefully can channel his inner FML CHAMP and show up with his A-game.
Dovekie is best with talking about how good he is with this 100& of the time, would he just bless us a little more often with his actual presence in games so we could learn from the best that ever done it. I for myself will watch the replay of his game from his perspective and feel simply amazing, for the mere of 30 minutes that the stomping will last. (No offense, Dovekie, just trying to use ur image for a poor attempt of being funny)

Match 4

:ne: :Poland: Gradient
:orc: :Russia: Jiexa_b
:ra: :USA: Seksi
:ud: :USA: Vyvanne

Ha, great game.
Greadient and Jexa both veterans at FFA with their own style.
Seksi and Vyvanne ( feels strange to write that, for me it´s still elsha-of-iel, DR HHS ROBO) very good micro and all around knowledge of the gametype. Seksi probably a bit more emotional player and much more versatile and Elsha analytical.

Match 5

:ud: :USA: SteppinRazor
:orc: :Russia: Airenikus
:ud: :Bulgaria: jOeybadass
:orc: :Russia: mrSweets

Steppin FTW, whe he shows up and won´t suicide during the first 15 minutes ;-).
I heard he practiced a lot under his secret AKA "RazingStepper", so have an eye on him.
Airenikus wins 100% of games with me being in it, but besides that he has to struggle with his either super aggressive (necrowagon hello) or passive (hoard, manip, orc trifecta) play.
Joey is sometimes like a raging bull or a tamed horse getting a new saddle. He is my favourite here, unless the russians will team their eastern europe comrade unnecessarily long.
Mr.Sweets (not to mix up with the formerly best australian ffa player Sweets) is a nasty herofocuser with a lot of resistance in him, but could use a chill pill sometimes.

Match 6

:ra: :Finland: aarnikratti
:orc: :Albania: ena1337
:ra: :Germany: ToX
:orc: :Bulgaria: Godfather

AARNI KARATE - POOF > Ena down to his knees  PENG > Tox flat out on his back
CRASH > Godfather face first into the mood >>>> The triumphiant return of the FINN

Aarni good all around ffaer, but you never know if he is trolling or you are hoping that he is trolling once he talks about FFA ;-).
Ena and Tox crazy ass guys with too good micro and too less manners :P.
Godfather one of the guys i rly don´t know, besides that he looks like a solo-crossover with nice passion for the game.
My bet is on him or OFC AARNI KARATE.

Match 7

:orc: :Sweden: Fetta_ook
:ud: :Russia: Reinforcement-
:ne: :Peru: Headintheclouds
:ra: :Sweden: Junkerzam

Once Fetta decided to make a fool of himself entering another FML season i had no doubt with applying aswell!
Fetta is a legend. Period. He will show up with a perfect gameplan until it all goes downhill at the 200 second mark of the game. He will make an insane comeback anyway and let us giggling in disbelief. (Kidding, bro, i look forward to our next game where i will feed you so you can protect me with decent levels from far worse players )
Reinforcement or simply Cement, the conrete russian power-undead is a  force to reckon with and might will strive in this season and show the results he is supposed to.
Headindtheclouds i cannot say much about, unless he is a big cumulo fan?
Junkerzam is like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hide. Hard to predict and full of surprises with a ragy, loud and ruthless side and a calm and focused one.
Match 8

:orc: :Germany: Pinballmap
:ud: :USA: JSRGN
:hu: :Russia: AJIKAIII
:ra: :Germany: Slythe

PBM is Back!?! Woop Woop
. Last game we played he made sure i lose and i won´t be mad at him if he´s doing it again ;-).
JSRGN or Diablosssssss is a guy i heard from only. Like a really oldschool, original FFA player. Considered as one of the best, most influental players at that time. looking forward to rush him out cold with his panties down or getting owned strategically and OUTSMARTED hard.
AJIKAIII or Alkash? Is a very good human player with slick micro and a good sense of human FFA prowess, but sometimes lacks the will to do the dirty work. He is considered as one of the best human when motivated and i hope i can finally see him succeed vs a player like diablossss with me being out of the game observing it and talking smack together with PBM, HT and MMT.

Offline JSRGN

• FML Contributor
  • Peon
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: coldbringer#1380
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2018, 05:54:58 pm »
Match 1

Eshan's either going to piss off enough people to get teamed to death, or take the win by the skin of his teeth. Either/or. But I'm betting on him.

Match 2

Ugri will play conservatively and hold on for surprisingly long. Cumulo and either Ugri or Mog will team Trunkz, and 50/50 odds on succeeding or failing. Trunkz is dominant enough that he can probably beat the inevitable team against him in a 3 way.

Match 3

Don't know any of these guys except Peanut. He's good - has a darn solid chance of taking this.

Match 4

March of the titans. This is going to come down to Seksi vs Vyvanne+1 more. Seksi stands a strong chance of pulling through any amount of teaming. But Vyvanne knows this, so he might try to rush Seksi out, for a change of pace.

Match 5

Who?

Match 6

Lol I have to watch this game. So much cancer concentrated into one single game. Good thing this match is happening, it's quarantining the purified aids into one single game. Only thing it's missing is the Wild Indian, Eshan the Lyin' Tiger.

Match 7

All of these guys are glorified experience tomes for Reinforcement. He's got this easily.

Match 8

I (JSRGN) don't know any of these guys. I vaguely remember the name PBM from before I quit ten years ago - I can't remember if he was good or not. I'm probably going to play conservatively and see how this game shakes up in terms of people to watch out for.

Offline rbr.Shorty

• Peon
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: rbr.Shorty
  • Race: Human
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2018, 09:36:46 pm »
Shorty not even mentioning my name in my game, rude. Im hurt, cruel world

Ah, Imba Ugri, I honestly didn't even know you played WC3 seriously. I have always envisioned something like Neo I guess. But in any case, you got probably the toughest group, so unless your skill level with UD is Maga(aka Simo6Killer)-like, you might be up for a painful match. Especially if you play from China (or anywhere in Asia). As someone who played last season with 200-250 ping, I can assure you it's not a pleasant thing to do :)

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2018, 11:10:50 pm »

Ah, Imba Ugri, I honestly didn't even know you played WC3 seriously. I have always envisioned something like Neo I guess. But in any case, you got probably the toughest group, so unless your skill level with UD is Maga(aka Simo6Killer)-like, you might be up for a painful match. Especially if you play from China (or anywhere in Asia). As someone who played last season with 200-250 ping, I can assure you it's not a pleasant thing to do :)

Yep, here is Ugri in a nutshell.

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2018, 02:48:59 am »

Yep, here is Ugri in a nutshell.

Ahaha hilariously awesome! still suiciding you though.

@rbr.Shorty we ought to duel this out to figure who is the worst between Neo and me. I still know my ffa basics though. Tome Ugri and you are the target for the other two, never forget...

Offline SosoHasRedHair

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SosoHasRedHair
  • Race: Random
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2018, 03:36:40 am »
How Germans see Ugri/Ponty/Vale:

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2018, 09:14:55 am »
Match 1

Never saw Supremo finishing a game without discing, dont know who Joggel is, 1nvincible used to be semi decent playing hockey.
Since now people think Eshan is good, I go with him

Match 2

Comon I mean wtf you give me for my first game. I knew you always liked Pinball better!
Mog will sit and hoard while one of the other two wrongly tome me, or tries to. Then the other one attacks him and Mog has 80k gold and a tinker.

Match 3

I only know Dovekie and Jaod a little... Dovekie is married though

Match 4

Seksi rarely wins a FML match, always teamed or does stupid mistakes. This is not the ladder here people! Go Gradient, multi expos.

Match 5

:icon_question:
I have no clue who most of these players are or how they play. I know Steppin though but i dont think he is gonna win this. I go with Joey cause he maybe Maga in hiding

Match 6

Not sure ena grew a FFA sense, Godfather wasnt that impressive when he beat me, I'll go with aarni because he is finnish.

Match 7

You put the Swedish twins together? Nice. Junker was always better than Fetta right?

Match 8

Why didnt you put me in this retirement home game? I belong there.
Ajikaiii used to be top 20 back in the days, so he should be fine here!

Offline Vyvanne

• Global Moderator
  • Shaman
  • Formerly Elsha-of-IEL
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Vyvanne
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2018, 10:15:24 pm »
Alright, I'm bored at work so here we go.

Match 1

I think this will be close between Joggel and Eshan.  Trump will hoard and try to play a passive game, and if Eshan takes some unfavourable fights, he'll bring out the Eshan Tome of Manipping.  Supremo will inevitably break 50 food but sit on his army and whomever hits him will be his focus for the rest of the game. I think Eshan comes out on top in the end. Joggel has the advantage of being able to use Trump vs Eshan.

Match 2

The return of the man himself, Ugri!  We'll see how rusty he is, but I suspect he may last longer than many may think.  Still, Cumulo's pushes are scary and can be very tough for unsuspecting Undeads.  If Cumulo spawns close to him, I expect a quick rifle caster push.  Map choice will be big here I suspect. Not sure how much Mog has been playing so he could potentially be a bit rusty.  In the end it will likely come down to Trunkz vs Cumulo.

Match 3

Nice to see b100 again.  All solid players, and the return of Dovekie is a wonderful pleasant surprise. As with many returning/not super active current players, the rustiness factor always will creep in, so we will see how this game goes. Not much manip this game, probably fast and furious. If b100 plays orc, I would give him the edge. If he's UD, this can be very even game where all players have a fairly even shot.

Match 4

Not too familiar with Jiexa, but I hear he's an oldschool guy that has been doing very well, so this should be a pretty fun game.  Gradi has been doing better it looks like, but I suspect one of us is going to rush him out and this will turn into a furious three way (giggity). Seksi is probably most people's favourite, but if I can get a decent gold count and bring it to a 1v1, I feel I can take this.  If I end up in a dominant position early, Seksi's manips may work on Jiexa or Gradi and he can take a comfortable lead enough to close it out.

Match 5

Another old face in Steppin to return, excellent.  We'll see what kind of form he's in, but I believe he's been practicing so it'll be exciting to see how he does.  The clear favourite here is Maga2.0.  Joey is going to wagon rush someone and will likely be in a dominant role from start to finish.  The others will have to team him hard if he gets into a strong role early on, but I think he can squeeze out the win in the end.

Match 6

FICK MEIN ARSE.

Butthole blasting jokes aside, this is going to be fun. I don't think ToX and Ena are going to resist their 1v1.  Any player that attacks first must ensure they die fast and die completely - any player left to live will rebuild with a vengeance and suicide their attacker back.  Aarni will take the win in the end, his decision making is usually very good.

Match 7

I can see Rein being aggressive here and rushing someone quickly and turning this into a three way.  Headintheclouds isn't bad, and we have our two Swedes duking it out. We'll see what shape Fetta and Junker are in.

Match 8

Diablos/Coldbringer/JSRGN has been getting better and better after coming back and hosting a lot of 24 player FFAs.  Slythe back is another great welcome surprise, this whole match is a very much an oldschool lineup.  Gonna go with my boi Slythe!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 10:17:23 pm by Vyvanne »
All knowledge is worth having.
That which yields, is not always weak.

Offline ena1337

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: ena1337
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2018, 06:46:17 am »

Match 6

FICK MEIN ARSE.

hahahahhahahahaha

Match 6

King fucking cancer match of the season.  I genuinely feel bad for aarni.  Three cancer, suicide players with some "fuck my asses" thrown in between.  I think Aarni can use that to his advantage though and will pull off the win.

HAHAHAH

Match 6

Fuck my ass, @here.

LOL FMA

Match 6

Lol I have to watch this game. So much cancer concentrated into one single game. Good thing this match is happening, it's quarantining the purified aids into one single game. Only thing it's missing is the Wild Indian, Eshan the Lyin' Tiger.

LOOOL
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 06:50:05 am by ena1337 »

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2018, 07:18:25 pm »

Match 6

FICK MEIN ARSE.

hahahahhahahahaha

Match 6

King fucking cancer match of the season.  I genuinely feel bad for aarni.  Three cancer, suicide players with some "fuck my asses" thrown in between.  I think Aarni can use that to his advantage though and will pull off the win.

HAHAHAH

Match 6

Fuck my ass, @here.

LOL FMA

Match 6

LOOOL

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo