April 23, 2024, 08:03:33 pm

Author Topic: M11 Results  (Read 6832 times)

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
M11 Results
« on: November 25, 2011, 08:28:17 pm »
:FMLMO:

M11
:Bulgaria: :ud: 3wd.Simo
:Canada: :orc: rygorych
:Poland: :hu: QHKane
:Sweden: :hu: Dkh.Starshaped

Download (Save Game)

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 10:56:54 pm by FML|Renaud »

Offline DarKNeSSCaLLs

• Blademaster
  • The Imbalanced one
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DarKNeSSCaLLsMe
  • Race: Orc
Re: M11 Results
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 08:37:10 pm »
Post replay?  :icon_frown:

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 08:39:06 pm »
What happened:
After about 1h of game play everyone started to spike/lag, so they saved and rehost

The new host was making Kane lags from time to time, but for some reason, he din't save, he just decided to live with it i guess, and the other players had about 3 major battles (all vs maga!)
After about 5 min, rygorych dropped, discing both from the game and ggc (and then they saved the game)  since ebo din't rejoin ggc, we kept on playing (no point in rehosting for someone who isn't there) and then Kane dropped (possibly the host's fault, but since he had trouble with the previous host too...)
At that point, we din't really knew what to do.  According to  the rulebook, the game should go on, fair play would probably have been to rehost, i decided to let the player keep on playing (i once made them quit and got shit because i shouldn't have, i think the game was TheFrozenPrince, Walking, Fly... and i dont remember the 4th... hydro?)
Ebo got back on ggc ~6-7 min after his disc, but at that point the game had proceeded too far (imho) for the rehost, so we kept on playing.

Offline DarKNeSSCaLLs

• Blademaster
  • The Imbalanced one
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 08:41:41 pm »
Why not just gather the 4 players together and start again from the first save point? Naturally I wasn't there, so my opinion probably doesn't carry a lot of weight, but since 2 players disconnected, that's what I would have done.

EDIT: Actually I guess with the upcoming deadline it's probably not feasible.

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 08:45:38 pm »
The problem was that by the time the 4 player where actually present again, the game had played for 10-20 min, so restarting it would have been :/

And restarting from the first point now would be... "hard", because player talked about game and ppl know gold

We *could* completely rm, but we only have 2 days (and "according to the rulebook" it shouldn't be a rm)

Offline hejpådigStarshaped

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DkH.Starshaped
  • Race: Human
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 08:55:43 pm »
It's very unfortunate what happened, but I don't think there's any possible result other than the current one. It would be unfair to award 25 points to anyone except the actual winner, since it's FFA and anything can happen, so you can't really say anyone had a clear win, at least not clear enough to change the actual outcome of the game. However, this isn't up to me and I will respect any decision the admin(s) make.

Again, it was an unfortunate turn of events, but I hope nobody is too upset, shit happens, and I'll just end by saying gg and gl next match to everyone in this game.

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Ebo
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 09:03:57 pm »
I was in Garena after my disconnect. I said: "ok that was a disaster", assuming everyone got dropped, not just me. I also send a PM to renaud asking for directions  as to what happens next. He did not answer. I quit Garena and re connected, and found Slythe in channel, who said that both I and Kane dropped and Maga/SS went on to 1v1.

Look, the game was clearly fine until the host lagged out and we re-hosted.

Kane started lagging immediately after we loaded from save. I was NOT lagging, but I dropped anyways - I don't know why.

I disagree completely with the decision to go on with the game after it was clear that the re-host from save was not working out. If I knew I would drop, I would obviously try and pause/save, etc, but I only saw Kane's lag window, and nothing else.

As far as I'm concerned it was anyone's game at the point of first save, and we should either replay from there, or play the game entirely from scratch.

The other option I'm OK is to award everyone (each of 4 players) 12 points just so we can save time and move on to next round.

Starshaped I'm sure you're more than happy with the way the game worked out for you, but this is not being fair to Kane and me, who were obviously just fine until the rehost. Rehost fucked things up for Kane, and myself, somehow. We were perfectly fine with the original host. I'm not sure how anything can be more clear than this. This is host's fault, not ours. 2 people don't just drop randomly out of the blue after a rehost.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 09:15:08 pm by Ebro »

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Peregrine
  • Coins: 168
  • Race: Random
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 09:27:27 pm »
yo nice plug pull bro, DC to the face

but yeah most fair would seem a complete rematch, or atleast a rehost from original save, considering two player dropped.

Offline DarKNeSSCaLLs

• Blademaster
  • The Imbalanced one
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 09:54:20 pm »
or atleast a rehost from original save, considering two player dropped.

That option is not really possible now, the replay has already been posted, everyone would know gold/expansion/etc info from everyone else.

The only real options are:

1.) Leave it as is
2.) Start an entirely new game

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Ebo
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2011, 10:02:38 pm »
Darkness, option 1 is only good to Starshaped.

Option 2 is fine by me but there is probably not enough time unless we can schedule fast.

My suggested other option, that's fair to everyone is to give each player 12 points and move on. 4*12=48 = about same total points as normal (25+10+10+5=50).

Offline KiLLyoSeLF

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: KiLLyoSeLF
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2011, 10:04:26 pm »
Disconnects have always been part of FML, why must something special be done this time? This is not a semi or a final, ffs.

And of course ebo wants rm, he went no t1, was rushed, and is listed as 4th. Lol

Offline KiLLyoSeLF

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2011, 10:13:19 pm »
By the way, rule book is quite clear (about discs, host or player's fault) all 4 players have to agree to replay (and do it by Monday)...doesn't say anything about admins choosing.

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2011, 10:15:07 pm »
that other option, 12 points each, is completely unfair to the rest of the league. it gives you all more points than anyone who got 2nd/3rd legitimately in their own match. splitting up the points evenly at any number, whether 12 or 5 or 25, makes no sense

rehost/keep it as it is do seem the only options

Offline KiLLyoSeLF

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2011, 10:17:44 pm »
The only option is leave it as is. FML doesn't rm qualifiers because of discs, why a R2 game?

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2011, 10:53:12 pm »
because i want to see ebo get smashed =)

starshaped rush on ebo was funny