April 26, 2024, 12:39:03 am

Author Topic: Round 1 was disgraceful...  (Read 22254 times)

Offline MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMK

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMK
  • Race: Random
Round 1 was disgraceful...
« on: November 08, 2011, 04:53:55 am »
i really have to say this:
from what i have seen so far from round 1 the replays were horrible,

three things:

1) i will not say names but half of the players i have seen so far had horrible micro AND macro... I dont even know why they are in the league in stead of me or lightweight for example...

2) 'old pro's ' like wrecktify get a free spot in the league based on PREVIOUS achievements... seriously he says that my playstyle sucks but i watched him playing ud and he sucked MUCH MORE than me...
it's possible that he was good in the past but at the moment he sucks

3) Why are some of the games influenced by old disputes between players... i saw nebu suiciding somebody because he was upset with him from something in the past -_- or is that just his personalilty? actually im not surprised after i heard about his hacking skills...

seriously, i'm still waiting for a replay that is worth watching... however, players like maga, darkness, dase, renaud still have to play... these games will definitely be more skilled, at least i hope so...

voila, i said it, i feel better now...

Offline FML|red7z7

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: red7z7
  • Coins: 284
  • Race: Undead
Re: Round 1 was disgraceful...
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 05:42:06 am »
1) butthurt

2) butthurt

3) thats how the FFA community is

wait for round 2, the 25 pt matches should be good.

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Ebo
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 05:45:22 am »
By your definition of skillful games, you have about 9000 replays from other seasons to watch.
Did you watch them all? No? Go watch them.

I'm bored of "skilful games". I want fun games. Look, I believe that Darkness has 300 apm, and I was impressed of his and similar micro... the first 3 games I watched. After that, it got stale.

Same armies over and over.
Same heroes over and over.
Same fights over and over.
Same manip over and over.

At least play it fast and dynamic... but no, these micro monkeys refuse to perma-team and sit around for 3 hours, base race (lol, what a joke, this one),  and pretend like they have no gold.

And mmk, you're pretty good player but you don't have much FFA experience. I suggest running ladder for 300ish games, might help.

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 06:04:43 am »

And mmk, you're pretty good player but you don't have much FFA experience. I suggest running ladder for 300ish games, might help.

that's why i OWNED you last game? shall i post it?
maybe i dont play ffa already for 10 years like you but at least i have enough experience to know that if i see a nerd like you camping in his base with 1000 moonwells and protectors, waiting for the 1v1 to baserace with your faggot tinker... you just ASK me to rush you out,
oh wait, you have other strats as well: ruining the ffa scene by suiciding players for disputes of years ago or just hacking the lone forum for whatever reason...
i have been upset to maga too because he owned me but i still respect him as a player and when a new game starts, i forget about the past and just play the game...

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 06:18:23 am »
Well the problem with that is that you didn't rush me out. You sat outside harassing while 3rd player cleaned out the map, until he took you out. You didn't own me son. You sat outside my base for 40 min... that's something... but not owning.

Owning is when your fuckin' skies turn purple, right rabbit?

And whoa, I hacked the lone forums? NICE!

Suicides for disputes years ago? Errrm, I remember 1 or 2 game tops from a WEEK ago, at best.

Offline Q-veta

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Jewish.Banker
  • Race: Human
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 06:29:08 am »
1) i will not say names but half of the players i have seen so far had horrible micro AND macro... I dont even know why they are in the league in stead of me or lightweight for example...
Because you failed to qualify.

2) 'old pro's ' like wrecktify get a free spot in the league based on PREVIOUS achievements... seriously he says that my playstyle sucks but i watched him playing ud and he sucked MUCH MORE than me...
I agree, Wrecktify sucked which makes his trash talking during my game even more hilarious.

3) Why are some of the games influenced by old disputes between players... i saw nebu suiciding somebody because he was upset with him from something in the past -_- or is that just his personalilty? actually im not surprised after i heard about his hacking skills...
It's always been like that. I don't know why things would change now.

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 06:38:39 am »

then why are there players in the league that are worse but don't even need to qualify?

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 06:50:07 am »
Well the problem with that is that you didn't rush me out. You sat outside harassing while 3rd player cleaned out the map, until he took you out. You didn't own me son. You sat outside my base for 40 min... that's something... but not owning.

Owning is when your fuckin' skies turn purple, right rabbit?

And whoa, I hacked the lone forums? NICE!

Suicides for disputes years ago? Errrm, I remember 1 or 2 game tops from a WEEK ago, at best.

dude you don't know what you're saying... the other 2 players were fighting too, i scouted that,
i post the game this evening (i can 't now, im at work and the site is blocked by the proxy)

Offline Q-veta

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Jewish.Banker
  • Race: Human
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 07:04:40 am »

then why are there players in the league that are worse but don't even need to qualify?
Like who? I already qualified once and I played in a season or two. I don't think there's a single player in the league that didn't have to qualify to get in at one point.

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 07:18:12 am »

Like who? I already qualified once and I played in a season or two. I don't think there's a single player in the league that didn't have to qualify to get in at one point.

doesn't even matter... EVERYBODY should qualify to make a fair competition,
it 's not because somebody was good in the past, that he is still good at the moment...
if you really want to count previous experience, the admins can always compose matchups at round 1 with the favourites spread in different games and with underdogs or new players as opponents

Offline FML|red7z7

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: red7z7
  • Coins: 284
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 07:58:06 am »

last season didnt have qualifiers, and people from last season who won a game got in this season. then darkermirror and I were put in the open spaces, not having won a game last season. so in that way we never qualified. cool story amirite

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2011, 08:03:24 am »
I agree with you mmk, the qualifiers aren't enough to decide who is really best for the league. FFA is about 75% luck 25% skill, so 1 game is hardly the indicator. But the problem with, it's difficult to schedule matches, so the mods cant really run 10 qualifier rounds. Sorry man, I actually thought you were good enough to participate in the league.

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 09:31:24 am »
First of all, i think you are confusing nebu and ebo!
Nebu is the one who disband lone / hacked the forums multiple times

1) Some of them because they won the qualifiers (luck?), some because we made a bad judgement call.  Since its hard to have a good ideal on ppl's skill after just a few game, we usually try to remember how good they where / performed in the past games they played (we had a lot of games in between season)

2) The problem is the number of applications (i will make up numbers since i don't remember exactly)  If we have 40 application and are trying to reduce it to 32, we can't have everyone in the qualifiers, so we auto qualify player who have already proven themselves (usually player who where in the top of the league last season) in wreck's case, we were scared he would be rusty, but he was a returning champion. 
We tried to imagine diffrent system, but so far this seems to be the least worst best way (open to suggestion... but the fastest they could be used would be next season)

And the reason we wanted to reduces the numbers of player, is because we had a sub problem last season.  Whenever a player would be missing, we had a player who as already in the league subbing, and he would often screw the game (as opposed to the sub outside the league who is eager to prove he should get auto in next season)

3) sucks :/

• Grunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011, 09:44:36 am »
ah i thought rygorych was the person responsible for hacking the forums, sry for the mistake... i was indeed mixing up nebu and ebo

btw, how did you actually know it was that nebu guy who hacked the forum?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 09:48:36 am by MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMK »

rsm

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011, 09:48:47 am »
i really have to say this:
from what i have seen so far from round 1 the replays were horrible,

three things:

seriously, i'm still waiting for a replay that is worth watching... however, players like maga, darkness, dase, renaud still have to play... these games will definitely be more skilled, at least i hope so...

voila, i said it, i feel better now...

and this is why i would never accept you to the league.

1) Lets see you micro arena vs me
2) Lets see you try to offrace me
3)Lets see you try to beat me in a straight up game
4) Lets have duck show you the way out
5)Lets hope i don't get banned for being extra welcoming

Define skill? Players who cookie cut every game and only win because the other players have some mutual agreement to not abuse the flaws in their builds?

By the way I am willing to take in a protoje ( don't even want to know how bad I fucked that spelling up) If anybody wants to easily become top 3 players in the league let me know. Only requirement is that your IQ is above deuce's, because brains can not be taught.