April 30, 2024, 01:46:14 am

Author Topic: Round 1 was disgraceful...  (Read 22260 times)

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
Re: Round 1 was disgraceful...
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2011, 09:58:47 am »
it's actually surprising it took us so long to figure it was nebu, every time something was not going his way (losing discussion on lone forum, losing qualifiers, someone din't agree to his suggestions, etc etc) the forum would go down.  I think eventually someone (I[AM]SMRT?) figured it out (something like he deleted all accounts including his own... but his own was the last to be deleted so it sorta pointed to him?  don't remember)  nebu then made a post telling us he had been doing for years and we where all idiots (or something like that).

Later he tried to make peace, but many had huge trust issue with him, so it was hard.

(Although tbh it wasn't really hacking most of the times, since he was almost always either admin or had password to someone who was.)

Ugrilainen

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2011, 10:45:30 am »
i really have to say this:
from what i have seen so far from round 1 the replays were horrible,

three things:

1) i will not say names but half of the players i have seen so far had horrible micro AND macro... I dont even know why they are in the league in stead of me or lightweight for example...

2) 'old pro's ' like wrecktify get a free spot in the league based on PREVIOUS achievements... seriously he says that my playstyle sucks but i watched him playing ud and he sucked MUCH MORE than me...
it's possible that he was good in the past but at the moment he sucks

3) Why are some of the games influenced by old disputes between players... i saw nebu suiciding somebody because he was upset with him from something in the past -_- or is that just his personalilty? actually im not surprised after i heard about his hacking skills...

seriously, i'm still waiting for a replay that is worth watching... however, players like maga, darkness, dase, renaud still have to play... these games will definitely be more skilled, at least i hope so...

voila, i said it, i feel better now...

wtf is this post  :icon_eek:

You didnt qualify and have no history in FML. The fact some qualified without winning a game last season was just a mathematical problem. You had 3 shoots to make it into the league. Your game 3 harassing the orc without a back up army while starshaped had finished blooder and was creeping all the red spots is not super macro either.

1- Some lack macro, some lack micro but I didnt see much players lacking both. My micro suck but my macro is good for example (feel free to think different). Game were high level, maybe not spectacular but skilled anyway : Hstar win was skilled and entertaining, Q-veta vs Sparkle was super nice to watch, y.z win with 36 food vs 100 food army was great, w8man/l77/rain game was boring for sure but the level was high! Just M7 lacked a little bit of skill/entertainement.

2- Because we had to make choices. We wanted a 32 players league for the reason renaud explained and the only way to give 2 shots to players to qualify was this 16 players format where 7 qualify.
Those who were chosen to skip the qualifiers without winning a game were :
- darkermirror : he is on the ffa scene forever, he is a very skilled ne
- wrectify : 2 times champion
- Q-veta : was part of most of the old seasons, very good human player
- Killyoself : was rank 1 ladder (mb it was a mistake to put him directly but w/e)
- Red7z7 : Worpex decision, he was in qualifiers but got a spot after htrt resigned.

3- Wtf nebu not in the league. Personal issues are part of ffa, some of these guys hate each other... so what?

Btw R2 will kick ass with the winner playing each other
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 10:47:16 am by FML|Ugrilainen »

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Ebo
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2011, 11:01:00 am »
3) sucks :/

I'm sure this is in reference to my game. Which is baffling after about 100 comments by me explaining my strat in fine detail. Did the ebo vs rabbit conflict affect the game? of course. If it wasn't for that, I'd probably play differently. But my macro strat is set from the start and it's not very flexible. This is just how I play and this historically is how I get best chances to win with shitty micro. But so what? I played for the win, and lost due to external and very unlikely factor (2x fml champ owned in a 1v1 like a scrub).

Btw I am all for fully anonymous FML (where everyone is hidden under a random name and is not allowed to call anyone out). To me, this would be the perfect competition to indicate skill.

Of course this wouldn't happen because everyone feels the need to stroke Darkness's ego about his perfect micro and if he was some wehrweug231 it just wouldn't be as pleasant.

Toods.

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2011, 11:16:20 am »
I mean it sucks that it happens, i understand your reasoning in your game, and i do think you where partially right.

However, would the human not have been rabbit, you might have tried to peace him once you saw wreck was dying, in order to 2v1 the ud (i am GUESSING you din't because you knew rabbit would never agree to it with you, and i'm guessing you're right, rabbit would not have agreed to it, after having been rushed that way + you're history)

This is why i love games with eshan, it took me a while to realize it, but i don't have to hunt him down once i'm losing, hes smart enough to team the strongest regardless of who fucked him over (most of the time at least)

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2011, 11:28:37 am »
By the way I am willing to take in a protoje ( don't even want to know how bad I fucked that spelling up) If anybody wants to easily become top 3 players in the league let me know. Only requirement is that your IQ is above deuce's, because brains can not be taught.

/kneel /bow /grovel

Take me, take me!

Lightweight!

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2011, 11:33:06 am »
I guess to explain nebu it would need an own thread. I guess this guy will be always the damocles sword above fml-forums. I'm happy he is not playing anymore.

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2011, 11:52:47 am »
Seriously MMK?  You had your shots to qualify, just like I did, and just like lw did.  It sucks we didn't make it, but suck it up and practice to get better for next season.  There are plenty of games going on in ggc usually that you can play in so you aren't ffa deprived, and we're welcome to sub in the games where people can't make it. 

Duck, it's protege.  Not to far off.
Hi

Offline Murrock

• Peon
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: MightyMurrock
  • Race: Human
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2011, 04:05:41 pm »
Moar Murrock imo.

And EHuaeAHEUAEUEHAuehEAHe@people like QHKane in this league

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2011, 04:14:36 pm »
Seriously MMK?  You had your shots to qualify, just like I did, and just like lw did.  It sucks we didn't make it, but suck it up and practice to get better for next season.  There are plenty of games going on in ggc usually that you can play in so you aren't ffa deprived, and we're welcome to sub in the games where people can't make it. 

Well said comrade.

Offline KiLLyoSeLF

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: KiLLyoSeLF
  • Race: Random
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2011, 05:34:43 pm »
Wtf Renaud you need to start using your brain re: ebo's mental instability. Take it off 4x on the replay for a second:

He picked NE, not one of his main races (he plays undead + ork).

He says BEFORE scouting ANY position on the map that he is suiciding me.

That means he says BEFORE he knows I am human that he is suiciding me (and considering that is EXACTLY what he did, 2 heros and all, he can't say he was lying--even his post-game comments were that he planned to suicide me before the game started, and since he had NO IDEA what race I'd be as I randomed, me being human had NOTHING to do with his decision).

He doesn't scout all game outside of initial wisp to Wreck, where he instantly says he is suiciding me...without even knowing if he is surrounded by DUCK and Wreck.

You're looking at the game and saying what would you would have done given positions and races (I'd hit the human too). The problem is that had NOTHING to do with why he did what he did, and he hasn't even tried to hide that.

At least congrats to ebo, he managed to make his BS taste well for you guys to be willing to eat it so happily.

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2011, 05:49:34 pm »
Wtf Renaud you need to start using your brain re: ebo's mental instability. Take it off 4x on the replay for a second:

He picked NE, not one of his main races (he plays undead + ork).

He says BEFORE scouting ANY position on the map that he is suiciding me.

That means he says BEFORE he knows I am human that he is suiciding me (and considering that is EXACTLY what he did, 2 heros and all, he can't say he was lying--even his post-game comments were that he planned to suicide me before the game started, and since he had NO IDEA what race I'd be as I randomed, me being human had NOTHING to do with his decision).

He doesn't scout all game outside of initial wisp to Wreck, where he instantly says he is suiciding me...without even knowing if he is surrounded by DUCK and Wreck.

You're looking at the game and saying what would you would have done given positions and races (I'd hit the human too). The problem is that had NOTHING to do with why he did what he did, and he hasn't even tried to hide that.

At least congrats to ebo, he managed to make his BS taste well for you guys to be willing to eat it so happily.

I'd destroy you regardless of race. Humans are just easiest because of their magic-vulnerable towers.

The "I'm suiciding rabbit" at the start was the reverse-psych manip. I made truce with you on the mines, so not like you took it seriously, don't pretend you did. The only one who saw through my manip was Duck, which he explained, and which is why he won this game

I saw Wreck's aco shortly after. My early strat was very demanding and I didn't have time to scout anything else. I don't even need do. Any one who scouts full circles of the map is silly. You should scout only the position closest to you, then listen to chat (hint, Duck asks who is his LEFT SIDE neighbors).

Look son, you got plain OWNED.

Like I said before, the only thing you're good for is pawning noobs on ladder. In a game with 3 decent-good players you are just a green creep spot (not even orange... I got shit exp from killing you off).

The sky is purple Rabbit. And it's shooting fuckin' thunderbolts. At your ass.

Go back to owning ladder noobs son, only thing you're good for. Leave the real game to real men.

Toodles.

P.S. I can play any race well enough, though obv not pro with either of them, but better than you at least. Don't be mad that you went cheese pal/mk and got owned by a fuckin' Tinkerer, SON.

P.P.S. Yeah, keep pulling the mental instability card. It should actually make you feel bad arguing with someone mentally unstable. It should make you feel even worse getting OWNED so hard by someone with a mental handicap.

Ebo out.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 06:00:11 pm by rygorych »

Offline KiLLyoSeLF

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: KiLLyoSeLF
  • Race: Random
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2011, 06:12:53 pm »
You really think 100 food suiciding someone with chippo is owning them? Or that outweighs getting repeatedly raped every anon-game because you don't know which one the three to suicide?

News flash, we both lost. You didn't win. You didn't own anything. You lost. You seem intent on bragging about losing, which is weird, given every player in FML is capable of 100 food suiciding. It wasn't skill...it was just a mentally instable way of losing.

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2011, 06:41:17 pm »
I wasn't saying he rushed you because you where human, i was just referring to you as "the human" because saying

"would rabbit not have been rabbit"

sounded confusing! (i though)
ofc i'm sure rushed you because you where rabbit, but assuming he would have rushed someone other than rabbit, he might have peaced him when he saw it was a bad move

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2011, 06:44:42 pm »
and as far as FML is concerned, after 1 round, ebo == rabbits, there is no diffrence what so ever in 2nd and 3rd place (we removed it from tie breakers, since ppl rightfully hated it)

And before you tell me you guys a different, i'm talking position wise... ebo == rabbits == 6th place (9th place soon actually)

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2011, 07:43:03 pm »
You really think 100 food suiciding someone with chippo is owning them? Or that outweighs getting repeatedly raped every anon-game because you don't know which one the three to suicide?

News flash, we both lost. You didn't win. You didn't own anything. You lost. You seem intent on bragging about losing, which is weird, given every player in FML is capable of 100 food suiciding. It wasn't skill...it was just a mentally instable way of losing.

I fully realize that I lost.

But I did the number crunch before the game, and:
If I didn't do what I did, I'd have about 11% chance of winning (myself having the worst micro of the 4).
After I took you out, I had about 66% chance of winning (best position in a 3 way, best manip for 3 way, best disposition towards duck).
Alas, Wreck sucked, and I got stuck in a quick 1v1 against duck. My micro being shit and my gold not being 10x of his, my chances of winning were about 20%.

So I acted rationally by taking you out. I got the best possible chances to win, although, as FFA is largely luck, it didn't work out in the end.

I am, however glad to have gone out with the all the fireworks and applause from the audience. As I said before, I don't just play to win. I play to win with STYLE. I lose with style, too.

Purple sky, son. You'll remember purple sky for a long time.

Toodles.