April 25, 2024, 01:52:20 am

Author Topic: FML Retirement  (Read 2497 times)

Offline SteppinRazor

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SteppinRazor
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Random
FML Retirement
« on: August 29, 2014, 03:19:21 pm »
I have decided that following the conclusion of this season in FML, I plan to retire from playing Warcraft 3.  I am simply too busy to continue to devote time and energy to staying active - life is too demanding! I have a full-time job, a new girlfriend, am working towards a master's degree, and am in the process of starting up my own business; can't be staying up all night playing FFA anymore :(

I felt that I wanted to make a topic specifically to say "bye" to everyone in FML because when I think back to my wc3 career this community is without a doubt the best memory I will have related to playing this game.  It has been a long and awesome journey being a participant in the FML/FFA community, and I am very grateful to all of the past and current admins (Worpex, Mage, Pinball, Renaud, Ugri, Wrecktify, Persuade... anyone else I'm forgetting) and all of the players who I have gotten to know for making FML such a successful and incredible league.  I would like to think that I can consider many of you to be friends, despite the fact that I have never met any of you in real life and don't know most of your real names!  I have been a member of FML since season 10 (I think?) and it has only improved as the seasons have passed.  I also want to give Ugri a specific shoutout for everything he has done with playFFA and how much of a positive impact it has had on FFA.

I have many fond memories that I will not soon forget, and while I never won a FML Title I'd like to think I have made SOMEWHAT of a name for myself as being a halfway decent player.  Retirement does not mean disappearance, I'm sure I will be around to say hi sometimes and maybe even play a few games on the playffa bot.  But as far as I can see now, my playing days are probably over for the most part (or maybe I'll pull a Brett Favre and sign up for season 20... who knows).  Also, I DO plan to play in the final game this season even though I know I can't advance past this round. 

EDIT: I live near Grand Rapids, Michigan, and if anyone ever happens to venture through this area feel free to contact me and we have have a beer... or 11.  We have some of the best breweries in America (not even kidding, go google it).

:ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud: :ud:
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 03:26:18 pm by SteppinRazor »

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: persuade
Re: FML Retirement
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 03:27:32 pm »
You'll be back

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 03:30:55 pm »
Become an admin, that's what the rest of us have done :)

Completely understand, I think that a lot of us have found this to be true.  However doesn't stop you from hanging out on the website and chatting etc.  So while I'll say so long to Steppin the competitor, I expect to see Stepping our friend still hanging around!
Hi

Offline FML|red7z7

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: red7z7
  • Coins: 284
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 03:38:56 pm »
It was good to have you in the community, Steppin. I wish you best of luck in everything you're doing and I hope you come by to play more and stay involved in the future. From my own experience, I quit after season 10 for pretty much the same reasons as you are, and then look at me now -- after I graduated I came back to play again. So you never know :)

Offline NoMercy2

• Global Moderator
  • Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: D2sTRUCT8
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 08:40:14 pm »
GL Steppin!!! hope see u around-

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 08:43:34 pm »
We better get a "Game Night with Steppinrazor" before you retire for good!!!

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 10:38:17 pm »
So long steppin, you dont have to play to be involved in this community. I dont play anymore, I just come for a chat when I have a few minutes ;)

Offline Lightweight

• Tauren
  • To protect the sheep you gotta catch the wolf.
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Lightweight
  • Race: Human
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 11:52:36 pm »
I don't know how many ffa's we played Steppin, but it must have been a lot through the years. I think the most intense time was when all of us nerded on garena like daily. For my part i will always remember your fml final where you subbed in. You were always a nice guy, never out of line, which is impressive and suspicious at the same time. You have the chance to make the world a better place, you went through the school of ffa which toughened you up for life and all the upcoming competition. Good luck buddy and next time i will have a drink, i'll drink one for you too. While writing this i am kind of sad, because like maga you are one of those who were around for many many years, i guess this is the way it goes. We have lost many already, we will lose more and yeah no happy end here :D WE LOST A LOT PLAYERS.

Good Luck in your life Steppin, you will be remembered!

See you in warcraft 4!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 11:54:25 pm by Lightweight »

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: sEksi
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 02:55:30 am »
Good luck in the future, you were always one of the coolest guys and we came into FML pretty much at the same time.  SEe you around.

Offline SteppinRazor

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SteppinRazor
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2014, 04:43:36 pm »
Thanks for the kind words fellas.  Like I said, I will remain a part of the community but I don't think I will play much at all anymore or be active nearly as much - certainly don't see myself playing any more seasons of FML in the near future.  I'd also be very happy to do a game night with Mage if anyone would be interested, I'm sure I could find 30 minutes of time to do that sometime in the next few weeks.

I am also looking forward to my last game for this season, I will be playing undead for sure as it is my "main" race and the race that I entered FML as. 

Offline Pinballmap

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Replay Master
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Pinballmap
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2014, 07:17:47 am »
It was a nice time with you. I hope you come back anytime in the future :)

Offline MattiasG

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: MattiasG
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 06:04:38 am »
god-fucking-damnit steppin, u were awesome and gave me a number of valuable tips when I started FFA, GL in ur life man!