April 29, 2024, 12:03:36 pm

Author Topic: FML Media  (Read 5618 times)

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
FML Media
« on: August 06, 2013, 05:29:41 pm »
So as a lot of you have seen, we have been trying to improve our community outreach recently.  We asked the community what would help them keep up to date, and they said a Facebook page would be the best way.  Well, you asked and we answered.  However, we aren’t satisfied with just having the pages, we want continual feedback from the community so that we can improve it.  This thread will be for all general feedback on what type of job you think FML is doing, as well as a central hub that will make it easier to find everything. 

Currently FML provides three main staples, not including the website.

YouTube

The goal of our YouTube is twofold.  The first is to provide an easy to access archive of all of our videos.  Every shoutcast is put up here, as well as RRR, and FML trailers.  There is content that can only be found on YouTube, and is not available anywhere else.  I highly encourage everyone to subscribe to it since it provides notifications when we have posted new content.  A lot of the time this is content that will not be posted on the website until later on.  In addition we hope to put up replays of games on YouTube so that they won’t require WC3 to watch them.

In addition, if we reach 100 subscribers on YouTube then we will be able to accomplish the second part of our goal; streaming FML on YouTube.  YouTube has recently changed the number of subscribers required to stream there to 100 instead of 1000.  While I would like to think we can reach 1000 someday, that is not in the near future.  100 is perfectly doable though, we have over 500 subscribers on the site alone.  So, if you take the 30 seconds necessary to hit the subscribe button on YouTube it will be much appreciated, and greatly benefit everyone.

Some of the advantages of streaming on YouTube are:
1) Accessibility.  Twitch has one of the shittiest apps out there unfortunately.  It’s virtually impossible to watch the FML stream from your tablet, phone, Xbox, or Smart TV.  YouTube on the other hand is awesome.
2) Better quality.  YouTube is owned by Google.  Twitch is not.
3) It will make me happy.

FML YouTube Account

Facebook

Our Facebook account purpose is pretty straightforward.  It’s to provide up to date information to our community as fast as possible.  While it can be challenging to post results instantly on the website, it’s very easy to do so on Facebook.  We’re still currently improving the functionality of it, but it’s off to a promising start already.  We have received a lot of likes from our community already, and those should only grow. 

FML Facebook Page

Twitch.TV

Our Twitch account is where it all started, and continues to be a huge part of our social media outreach.  With 65+ followers and over 4.5k views we are well on our way up, and we continue to grow every day.  The primary place to watch FML matches and listen to shoutcasts, it has served us well for the short time it’s been around.  Subscribers receive email when we go live, and are able to tune in instantly.  It’s a very simple method, but very effective.  If you have not done so already then go ahead and subscribe!

FML Twitch.TV Acccount
FML Shoutcast Games
FML Stream Feedback Thread
----------------------------

FML Signatures

Some of you may have noticed that I have icons linking to all of the FML social media accounts in my signature.  This is a very effective way to gain notice, and while it's by no means required I would love to see some other people adding these to their signatures.  Especially on other sites.  Below I'm including bbcode for different sites that you can just copy and paste into your signatures to add the icons and links that I have in my signature into yours.  If anyone has another site that they'd like the code for let me know and I'll rework it for you.  In addition, if anyone is willing to add these to their signatures and wants them to work with another image like I have in mine let me know and link me the image and I'll make it work for you. 

FFAMasters.net

Code: [Select]
[right][URL=youtube.com/user/FFAMasters][IMG]tinyurl.com/momunhu[/img][/URL][URL=facebook.com/ffamasters][IMG]tinyurl.com/lqt3qt2[/img][/url][url=twitch.tv/ffamastersleague/profile][img]tinyurl.com/mwb8h59[/img][/url]
WCReplays Forums

[RIGHT][URL=youtube.com/user/FFAMasters][IMG]http://tinyurl.com/momunhu[/img][/URL][URL=facebook.com/ffamasters][IMG]http://tinyurl.com/lqt3qt2[/img][/url][url=twitch.tv/ffamastersleague/profile][img]http://tinyurl.com/mwb8h59[/img][/url]
[/RIGHT]

« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 11:39:29 am by FML|Mage »
Hi

Offline FML|Mage

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
Re: FML Media
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 05:31:35 pm »
Please post any comments and critique in this thread.  It can be anything from what we did right or wrong to what you would like to see.  Any feedback at all is always helpful, it lets us know that what we're doing right and wrong.
Hi

Offline Pinballmap

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Replay Master
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Pinballmap
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 11:49:39 am »
Nice work Mage. Thanks for giving us the code for the signature.

Offline FML|Mage

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 01:00:48 pm »
Well everyone, we've managed to hit a bit of a milestone.  The FML Twitch account now has 100 followers!  Considering that it's only broadcasting about once a week if that currently that's a phenomenal number.  For everyone that hasn't yet subscribed, do so now please!  For those that have, thank you.  We at FML really appreciate it.

Also while you're at it, go ahead and like us on Facebook and subscribe to our YouTube account!  Full information at the top of this thread.
Hi

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 01:15:17 pm »
I don't even know my twitch account credentials. :(

Offline FML|Mage

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2013, 11:48:27 am »
I don't even know my twitch account credentials. :(

You could make a new one ^-^ 
Hi

Offline FML|Mage

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 04:35:41 pm »
Well, we've managed to hit 3000 views on YouTube.  No small feat, but we barely have any subscribers.  Please go ahead and subscribe to our FML YouTube channel at YouTube.com/FFAMasters

If we manage to get 100 subscribers there we can do live streams on YouTube which is much more awesome than doing them on Twitch.  We've got over 100 on Twitch, so this shouldn't be too hard!

In other news, I've included the code for putting the S17 banner in your signature should you want to do so.

[URL=FFAMasters.net][IMG]http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/1682/sghi.png[/IMG][/url]
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 11:30:44 am by FML|Mage »
Hi

Offline FML|Mage

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 05:34:44 pm »
So I figured we could have a quick update since we just hit 5k views on YouTube!

We have:
62 subscribers
33 videos
27,168 minutes watched
81 video likes
3 video dislikes (bastards)
54 comments

Our most viewed video is the FML Season 17 Trailer
The most estimated minutes spent on a video is the FML Season 17 P12 video featuring Yaws, Audigy, Life, and FD

The most "liked" video is the FML Season 17 P23 shoutcast by Worpex and Myself.

We are 38 subscribers away from live casting on YouTube.  All of this is a a way of saying if you haven't subscribed yet, get on it!

Also to all those that have, and continue to make us successful (we're now gaining over 150 views per a video every time) we really appreciate it!  You guys are what make doing this worth it, and we hope that you continue to enjoy it.
Hi

Offline FML|Mage

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 11:10:44 am »
Couple of quick notes on the stream.  First, we've hit 135 followers on Twitch.  Not sure why that's significant but it seems like a cool number to me =D

Also, we're getting extremely close to 100 subscribers on YouTube and managing to hit 100 views in the first day consistently, and get between 300-400 views on most videos.  Something I certainly never thought would happen when we started the YouTube channel, and I'm incredibly grateful for everyone who enjoys them, promotes them, and most importantly leaves feedback on them.

Lastly, I've finally updated the master list of the games we have shoutcasted.  It was only like 2 or 3 months out of date >.>
Hi

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2014, 03:39:14 pm »
!!!!
That means some of the videos broke the 301 barrier!!

Offline FML|Mage

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2014, 04:56:19 pm »
!!!!
That means some of the videos broke the 301 barrier!!

What?
Hi

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2014, 05:08:49 pm »
You will often see video stuck at "301+ views"
I think it's because before 301 they count every views not caring if it's the same guy refreshing the page, and after 301 they make sure that it's a different user/ip/something

Something like that.
Basically, the jump from 301 to 302 is significant

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2014, 09:17:50 pm »
didnt know that! So When I was watching Gangnam Style 1200 times, I wasnt actually helping?

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2014, 12:21:31 am »
As far as I understand, no.

edit: but if you were trying to support them by watching advertisements over and over again, then yes (but assuming you have adblocker or something similar, or just wanted to boost the view count: no)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 12:23:04 am by FML|Renaud »

Offline Wrecktify

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
  • Supreme Admin of FML
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SerWrecktify
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2014, 10:05:30 am »
Oh cool our cast of S10 finals is at like 500 views.  I feel like an internets superstar.