April 19, 2024, 04:31:34 pm

Author Topic: 2 years of FML!  (Read 5493 times)

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Undead
2 years of FML!
« on: July 25, 2013, 06:45:33 pm »
:FMLN:

I am here writing a bit of good news that I never thought I would write. I think I might have tears in my eyes! It has been two years since FML returned to the WC3 scene. Season 10 officially opened its doors for applicants on July 24th, 2011.

The league has been a huge part of my life since its inception in January 2006. However, early incarnations of our league were plagued with problems and major set-backs. We survived through 5 different hacking attempts, a handful of administration changes, our fair share of poor admin decisions, player drama and tons of Anti-FFA slander from the rest of the WC3 community. To top it all off, the league was officially pronounced dead during the Season 9 qualifiers when the head admin at the time (Nebu) disappeared.

Yet, here we are today. 4 years since the season 9 fiasco. The league is coming upon its 8th birthday. The FFA community today is larger and stronger than it's ever been. We have more events, more community participation and more features than ever before. We are one of very few WC3 leagues remaining on the scene and are easily one of the longest running, if not the, longest running league. Furthermore, we're the only league (that I can recall) to have ever been resurrected after an extended hiatus.

The last 2 years have been fantastic and made me remember why I love the league and the FFA scene. The large part of these last few seasons have been all the fun with very little bad. Sure we've had a few minor problems and set-backs since Season 10 - but nothing like what we had prior to it.

The vast majority of the leagues success lies within our members and admin team. Because of this, I want to thank everyone here who has supported FML and the FFA community. Together, we have brought our community to a whole new level and brought FFA to the masses. I can only hope that the coming years will be as amazing as the last two!

Heres to the future!!  :icon_biggrin:

Offline DarKNeSSCaLLs

• Blademaster
  • The Imbalanced one
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DarKNeSSCaLLsMe
  • Race: Orc
Re: 2 years of FML!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 06:52:06 pm »
Some excellent work done by the FML admins, I've been gone and back again and always FML is still here, War3 has been pronounced dead so many times in the past few years, and so has FFA, although I'm happy to say that although the official FFA BNet ladder is history, FML still lives on and brings us the gametype that we enjoy the most.

My most fond memories of FML these past two years:
- Large amounts of ebo drama and bashing (under his name Ryogych or some crap)
- Eshan drama on admins (He wanted to turn us into a democracy after his preteam attempts were discovered)

And of course before that, the infamous Season 9 led by the mysterious JUMPTOAD! Oh boy was that a memorable season... half season.... whatever you call it.

Cheers, keep up the great work admins, I'll drink a beer (or two) tonight in celebration of this monumental date.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 06:54:16 pm by DarKNeSSCaLLs »

Offline KaJetan

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 06:54:34 pm »
best thing i did in/for  FML  was running into u on ladder and talking u into starting this up again  cheers to many more years of fun FFA play

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 07:00:02 pm »
I take full credit for this and will be signing autographs tomorrow at 6!

(click to show/hide)
Hi

Offline humans7ar

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: humans7ar
  • Race: Human
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 03:01:30 am »
great work admins :-)

Ugri2

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 03:42:44 pm »
I am curious about FML history.

5 hacking attempts : I remember Nebu's when he hacked my pw (from ffareplays.com, both were the same). Would you care to describe those 5 attempts?

Also would you remember the Admin team composition year after year. I would like to recreate the timeline. There were Rad, FrozenPrince, Krillin...

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2013, 04:01:41 pm »
I am curious about FML history.

5 hacking attempts : I remember Nebu's when he hacked my pw (from ffareplays.com, both were the same). Would you care to describe those 5 attempts?

Also would you remember the Admin team composition year after year. I would like to recreate the timeline. There were Rad, FrozenPrince, Krillin...

No, I don't remember the timelines, sadly. : / I know the first two admins were myself and FrozenPrince, then RaD came along a little later. Lok-Ta-Ogar was also one of the first. CriticalBastard showed up around the same time as Renaud. KillinDay was one of the later admins. I[AM]SMRT had a short stint as admin too. Obviously DarknessCalls was an admin for a bit... hmm... can't think of anyone else at the moment.

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Slythe
  • Race: Random
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2013, 05:21:34 pm »
Funny, how many things changed throughout all the seasons/time. Different playing platforms, player fluctuation etc. I
followed fml from final s7-today and watched some older fml games to see what kind of players/games happened back then.

Did u really forget to mention pbm ?  ( heard of  some lazy (wannabe) admins like wrecktify and persuade aswell  :icon_wink: )

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2013, 05:26:52 pm »
I think boba was an admin for a while
Don't remember him doing any admin work though :P

And he din't mention the active admin (Beside me!)

Ugri2

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2013, 05:57:59 pm »
I think it was :

2005 : Worpex Rad FrozenPrince
2006 : Worpex Rad Ugrilainen (after I fought FrozenPrince over 2nd place not getting 15pts)
200? : Rad withdrawn, Renaud comes in
200? : CriticalBastard era (he was there when I took a break from FML, I remember I didnt like him nor his ideas and I prefered to stop). Which season did he deal with, who was active admin with him?
200? : Krillin era (Season 8-9 I guess?)

2010 : Worpex Renaud Ugri dream team returns
2011 : PinballMap joins the A team
2012 : Mage
2013 : Persuade

I dont really have to mention "passive admins" (no offense), those who did not really act as admin and did not last long (Wrectify, Darkness, Bobas, Lok...)

+ S9 = Nebu/Jumptoad season (which year was it?)

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Slythe
  • Race: Random
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2013, 06:36:10 pm »
btw, itīs killin and not krillin ^^

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2013, 06:45:28 pm »
I don't think years are the best way to describe it. haha Best to go by seasons, imo

As for hacking attemps, I don't remember when they all happened. I think the first one was at the start of S3. Then we had 2 in a row a season or two later. Then Nebu hacked user accounts and stole passwords.... I think there was one more around season 8 but I don't remember really.

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2013, 07:20:47 pm »
I think I was head admin for a season, remember having to make matchup, and having no clue how to not have players play each other twice... I ended up copy pasting last season, and using find+replace

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2013, 07:45:06 pm »
Yeah, I stepped down after season 5. I think you took season 6 Renaud... CB was 7 and then Killin had 8. Then Nebu at 9!

Ugri2

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2013, 11:40:56 pm »
Yeah, I stepped down after season 5. I think you took season 6 Renaud... CB was 7 and then Killin had 8. Then Nebu at 9!

I see, I probably stepped down at the same time as you Worpex. I was never head admin and I would never bear anyone else authority over me than yours :D

Now that you say it you stepped down, introduced CriticalBastard into the admin team. I didnt like him so I left too. A slave must die with his master ;)