April 28, 2024, 11:20:17 pm

Author Topic: Get Ready to Be Addicted Again!  (Read 4393 times)

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
Get Ready to Be Addicted Again!
« on: July 03, 2013, 08:58:12 am »
:FMLN:

Do you remember the glory days?  Playing on B.Net, massing games against the greats?  Actually being able to find hack free FFA games?  Well, those may be gone for good, but only because we haven’t gotten the greats out of retirement yet!

Today, we at FML are proud to present, the FML Bot Ladder!  Thanks to endless hours of hard work from :France: :ud: FML|Ugrilainen, we’ve just entered the beta stage.  This ladder will essentially be the same thing as the battle.net ladders were, except it will have a much larger player pool.  It won’t be limited to just one realm, instead anyone who plays on the bot will be eligible.

The bot will detect and pull the winners though, and then the stats will be recorded on the new ladder rankings page which can be found here: http://clan-fml.lunaghost.com/top/

The bot is in beta testing currently, so any bugs should be reported here.  However, it’s infinitely better than the alternative of not having any form of ladder, and I have every confidence that it’s only going to get better!

So, let’s all give a big hand to Ugri, and go play some ladder!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 12:45:58 pm by FML|Mage »
Hi

Offline FML|Mog

• Global Moderator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Mog[skynet]
Re: Get Ready to Be Addicted Again!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2013, 10:54:33 am »
That is so awesome. That makes me want to get up right now and go play a game on the not lol

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: persuade
  • Race: Random
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2013, 11:17:36 am »
i predict everyone in fml will be at least 50-0 from pub stomping

Ugri2

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2013, 01:03:58 pm »
this is beta, there is a obs bug i know i need to fix (need to reconfig all maps = time consuming = will do it tomorrow).

dont be too upset if you have some foolish losses, or wins (lol) until then.

Basically I will remove obs on defeat, so no more obsing - like a normal ladder

Offline ashalar

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: ashalar
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 03:20:00 pm »
good job, I dont know if the bot should be announcing records in the lobby, mb ppl with good records would be teamed/suicided a lot.

Are there any plans to bring back the old fml league ladder system?

Ugri2

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2013, 03:44:27 pm »
true but at the same time they brag so much that their opponents are newb, this will give them some sport if they get 2v1'ed

Offline GKrown

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2013, 04:11:28 pm »
bnet's ladder style of player 1-4 was like that just so top guys wouldnt get teamed
i'd agree w/ not having it announce record, but i wonder what someone who's actually good would say. (just saw ashlars comment, i would classify him as good so there ya have it!)

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 05:35:58 pm »
I think it's fine though keep an ear out for complaints. But most of the people there might try to suicide and would just feed. Maybe have bot announce ladder page?
Hi

Ugri2

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2013, 06:26:35 pm »
I think it's fine though keep an ear out for complaints. But most of the people there might try to suicide and would just feed. Maybe have bot announce ladder page?

these last days have been extremely busy for me so i couldnt achieve everything i hoped for.

messages will announce ladder, maps will be reconfig etc... tomorrow :)

Offline ashalar

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: ashalar
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 06:27:31 pm »
mb just announce wins and not losses in the lobby

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: persuade
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2013, 06:37:55 pm »
losses is a bad idea, i agree.

It will encourage smurfing due to people having self esteem issues, it encourages teaming and suiciding as well

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2013, 06:42:26 pm »
Personally, I don't think either of them should be announced in the lobby.

Ugri2

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2013, 06:42:46 pm »
this is a very good idea ashalar

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: sEksi
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2013, 08:06:44 pm »
Awesome, been hoping for this.  Now all the FML players can play FFAs at a regular basis that actually count for something.

@Persuade: The 'pub stomping' you mention is valid, however these games are some times difficult to win.  They are crazy and unpredictable (much like the ladder of old days) where anyone can win.  You could be hit by 3 players at the same time or denied an expo all game etc.  I've played a few games so far where I had to micro well to survive at one point, macro well to come back in another etc.  A lot of the players on the bot on all the different realms have pretty good micro generally and it looks like more FML players will play too.  Since there are stats and a ranking it can be competitive. 

I've had the most fun in some of these games because it really brings out all the elements of FFA and skill... FML league games are very structured and full of chatting and manipulation as key elements.  Early game peace, shared expos, coordinated teaming etc.  In public FFAs (or ladder in the day) these things were thrown out the window which made it a real free for all, anything goes mentality.  Some games were much less fortunate then others and you had to battle through adversity and crazy circumstances.  That's cool and a big thing that the FML games sorely miss out out now... so I'm glad to see this ladder.  The community will have a lot of fun in these games that fully encompass the skill and strategy of FFA.  =D

ex: Nline is near the top of the ladder already @ 5-4 stats.  Considering most FFA games are 8 players and are unpredictable, that seems like a solid score to start with.  I'm sure he had a couple wins that were very easy where he could expo a lot and wasn't bothered much, while others were hard fought with very little gold and multiple opponents all game, etc.  He probably got hit way more then he should of in a couple losses and had chaotic close games that ended out of his favor. 

Ugri2

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2013, 09:22:37 pm »
thats the kind of stuff I love to read! thks seksi