April 16, 2024, 06:13:33 pm

Author Topic: Patch 129 Warcraft 3 clean install quick guide  (Read 1238 times)

Offline Vyvanne

• Global Moderator
  • Shaman
  • Formerly Elsha-of-IEL
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Vyvanne
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Undead
Patch 129 Warcraft 3 clean install quick guide
« on: April 11, 2018, 03:31:32 pm »
Some folks seem to be having issues with patching to 129 as many of us used 126a for W3arena.  Here's a short guide on what worked for me. Your mileage may vary, but hopefully this is helpful for people.

Step 1 - Back up your maps/downloads and replays folder, as well as anything else you want to keep (screenshots, customkeys, etc).

Step 2 - Uninstall every version of Wc3 you have on your computer. After running uninstall, go back to c:/program files and completely delete the Warcraft III folder as well. Uninstall does not remove everything, so you will want to make sure to have a 100% clean slate.

Step 3 - If you have physical CDs, install RoC/TFT that way.  If you purchased online thru Blizzard's site, go to battle.net and log into your account, download the game client.  Blizzard should just give 1 client to install RoC and TFT.

Step 4 - Run Wc3, select gateway + login to bnet to download 129. 

Step 5 - Copy back downloads/replays/keys into the new Wc3 folder.

MOUSE ISSUES - some people (including me) have reported mouse issues with 129.  Remo has posted a possible workaround that seems to help. You make a shortcut to your Wc3 executable and add -opengl to the shortcut path.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WC3/comments/8b7l05/game_feels_sluggish_on_bnet_help_required_i_got/

2nd solution to mouse issues - If "-opengl" does not work, try " -graphicsapi OpenGL2"

If you want to continue to keep running w3a in a separate 126a folder, let me know and I can walk you through those steps. I have both running currently with no issues.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 11:52:14 am by Vyvanne »
All knowledge is worth having.
That which yields, is not always weak.

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Undead
Re: Patch 129 Warcraft 3 clean install quick guide
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 09:26:50 pm »
Other usual issues :

"I have lost my CD KEYS"
Use this program to recover them : https://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/

"I am caught into a loop when I try to patch"
You started tft with the wrong executable. Use "Warcraft III.exe" not war3.exe.

"A file is missing"
An issue with the GB-Eng language. Use the US one, or just wait for 1.29.1 to go live in a few days

Everyone with patching issue can contact me on discord (Ugrilainen#3478) or twitter (@UgriWC3)