March 28, 2024, 07:21:40 pm

Author Topic: Maps update for Season 27  (Read 1553 times)

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Human
Maps update for Season 27
« on: March 04, 2018, 09:41:27 pm »
I´ve made small changes to Neon City and Meson de la Taberna. Given that Hurricane Island was removed in round 1, perhaps Neon City could take its place since it´s a larger version of Silverpine Forest.
In any case I´ll explain the few changes I´ve made and provide a link to download all maps.

Neon City 2.0:
- Before, you could not walk into the corners of the map, behind the Marketplaces, so elfs or any other race could build there, and without catapults or a zepellin, there was no way to just walk through there. Now you can.

- Some green camps were reworked so that heroes can go behind them to kill units, in case workers are hidding there. You may have to destroy rocks or cages to get there if needed. There are eight of these green camps with assasins or murgul frogs, but you can access the part behind

Map Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/03nnrl0ctbqi989/%286%29NeonCity.w3x

Meson de la Taberna 2.0:

- The first change is another item drop. Before, this red camp used to drop level 5 consummable item, like infernal stone or scroll of resurrection. Now it will drop level 5 permanent item like Unholy Aura, Endurance Aura, Medallion of Courage, etc.

- I´ve removed the orange camps from the center of the map, so now the map has less creeps.

- The expansion behind your main base has now been made easier. I´ve moed the creeps from the center of the map to this location; however, they remain as strong as before and drop the exact same items, so becareful creeping it.

- Lastly, I added some decoration in the unbuildable areas of the map, the part where u need a zepellin to travel (nothing that will affect the game, but I just couldn´t stand seeing empty space).

Map Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6bf2x02btlxsof5/%284%29Meson_de_la_Taberna.w3x

La Rosa Náutica:
Although this map didn´t take part of any contest to be admitted in the 80+ Club, I think this map has a lot of potential. Thanks to the help of the community, during decemember I was able to fix all possible bugs with this map, that is floating statues, pathing, and creeps balance.
Anyway, here are the two latest and most important changes.

- The expansions at the center of the map were pushed a little bit behind so that there is enough room for peon, wisp, etc to walk to the tavern diagonally without being killed by the creeps guarding the expansion.

- I added some blockers behind the Goblin Market place so that peons,wisps,etc don´t cut their way through there and die by the Hydras.

Map Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/on8kemjnoi29366/LaRosaN%C3%83%C2%A1utica.w3x

Equalrium 2.1:
I haven´t touched this map since the last update for the last round of S26, here is the link to download in case you still don´t have it.

Map Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/saz9ub7u6duu6rm/%288%29Equalrium.w3x
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 12:29:49 am by ZsSuperCumulo »

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
Re: Maps update for Season 27
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 05:49:35 pm »
Apparently there was an error with the name of the map. For some reason you have to rename the map with this name: LaRosaNáutica.w3x

In any case, I did upload the same map, but with the proper name so that you can watch replays. The link to download the new map with fixed name is above, but in case you still need it:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/on8kemjnoi29366/LaRosaN%C3%83%C2%A1utica.w3x

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 06:19:56 pm »
Equalrium2.2

I fixed one small boundary spot at the top center of the map.

New map download link:   http://www.mediafire.com/file/73iw1e674fdr6wq/%288%29Equalrium2.2.w3x
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 12:28:49 am by ZsSuperCumulo »

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Peregrine
  • Coins: 168
  • Race: Random
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 09:22:58 pm »
if that is now going to drop either ring +4 or orb of darkness 50% of the time, it just became the most uselessesly difficult creep camp ever

should keep amulet of spell shield and silence stick, unless you can replace those with 2 other items (frost orb, claws +15 maybe)

same with meson de la taberna

because as we all know ring +4 and orb of darkness are completely useless, and these creep camps are very difficult. On Meson (and as you saw on equal today) my build order was optimized to get 1 or 2 of these items, now I wouldn't even bother

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 09:25:06 pm »
I personally wouldn't mess with the default item sets. Its not perfectly balanced, sure, but every single map is like that. Better to keep everything the same then try to balance the game by yourself IMO. Plus, blizzard has already talked about changing these drops. You'll have to re-do every map again when the patch goes live. Default drops will be patched with no effort on your part.

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 12:32:25 am »
Ok, I reestablished the staff of silence and amulet of spell shield in both maps: Meson de la Taberna and Equalrium.

The only change in Equalrium was a spot at the top center which was black, the boundary had to be removed. Other than that, the map remains the same.