March 28, 2024, 12:43:00 pm

Author Topic: FFArena future  (Read 1943 times)

Ponty

FFArena future
« on: March 29, 2017, 07:54:11 am »
Hi,

I finally have news on the future of ffarena.

The iharena/ffarena hostbots may go down unexpectedly any second, after which we would have to switch services to profforg's bots.
Note that profforg services might have some missing functionnalities (not sure which) but w3arena admins are trying to find solutions about it.

There will obviously be a slight delay in service between when things go down and when things come back up, but the replacement should occur during the 2 next weeks. Now I personnally need to class and send all the needed configured maps to Yosh, which I will do before the end of this week.

Concerning the bots regions, the bots that will be available almost directly are: ffarena, iharena_qbc1, iharena_qbc2, iharena_fra1, iharena_fra2, iharena_fra3, iharena_msc1, iharena_msc2 (msc=moscow)

And later the replacements for iharena_sea1, iharena_atl1, iharena_jap1.

If some of you want to help financially (I've seen some messages on the cbox), you can send a donation on w3arena.net and precise you want the money used for FFA  :icon_biggrin: (ofc its not an obligation at all)

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Undead
Re: FFArena future
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 11:15:08 am »
I've been discussing with Profforg about setting up an official FML bot as well. I'll give more information when I have it.

Offline Dovekie

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Dovekie
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 01:45:10 pm »
Don't send over the configured Twilight Ruins normal heroes map.  It uses patch 1.15 or something.

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 08:55:00 pm »
Situation is quite awkward with the bots still up 2 weeks after they were supposed to be shut down. This creates a limbo situation where everything is frozen.

Ive been talking a lot with Profforg about what really needed to be done to keep ffarena in shape, from ELO calculations to overall configuration.

What ffarena will really need is a team to manage it. I am here when needed but cannot do the day per day management. Previous team formally or de facto mostly quited. So far only Paulquappe showed interest on acting as admin on it.

Profforg said he would be able to kill the infamous "building loss bug". I am very curious about this, I know that onligamez russian bot seemingly managed to do it, so it should be possible.

That would be one of the gain of the change, and less work for the admins that should then just have to work on hacking report and season organization.

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 09:17:39 pm »
@Ugrilainen Has Profforg created any bots for you yet?

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 12:55:41 am »
@Ugrilainen Has Profforg created any bots for you yet?

sorry didnt see before... yes indeed :p seems it works well