April 19, 2024, 06:14:45 pm

Author Topic: lunaghost stopping all operations  (Read 4682 times)

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Undead
lunaghost stopping all operations
« on: March 05, 2017, 07:16:49 pm »
Yosh told me as of March 15th, lunaghost will terminate its activities. All bots are going down.

by then, we should have a replacement for the "FFArena" one, a friend named Pingaring can work on it. Fees should be about what lunaghost used to ask for.

We might lose statistics recording though, trying to get access to these datas before they shut down. So we might have just an autohosted system without a ladder.

For your inhouse bots, there would be solutions with Pingaring as well. Who wants to make damage control on behalf of FML can just post here and we work this out!

« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 07:30:39 pm by Ugrilainen »

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Race: Human
Re: lunaghost stopping all operations
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 10:08:24 pm »
thanks for the heads up ugri :icon_wink:.

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo

Offline Profforg

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 01:28:31 pm »
In case if someone who's in charge of FFArena (or to any other project's related to Warcraft 3) bots will read it: I am offering bot hosting with much more and much more effective features compared to Luna Ghost. I can migrate your bot's completely, all your information (bans, admins, games, statistics and so on) will be saved. I am giving three months absolutely free to test my services if you're moving from Luna Ghost. You can learn more by simply reaching me out via E-Mail admin@rusdota.net
I'm offering most advanced Warcraft 3 bot hosting.

Feel free to contact me:
E-Mail: admin@rusdota.net

Offline massmoretankz

• Administrator
  • Peon
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: MMT#21873
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 03:25:09 pm »
Do you offer bots located in Germany?

Offline Profforg

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 03:37:44 pm »
Do you offer bots located in Germany?
I primarily offer three locations: France, USA, Moscow (Russia). In case if you strictly prefer Germany, it is possible also. But it is after some time of using my services.
The best way is to go with France location at the moment. Ping to Germany is very tiny and it provides good performance across whole Europe.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 03:41:50 pm by Profforg »

Feel free to contact me:

Offline Dovekie

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Dovekie
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 09:19:31 pm »
sounds like a deal worth checking out. Though bots are in USA right now I think, fun for me with low ping :D

Offline Dovekie

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Dovekie
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2017, 10:01:08 pm »
Btw, what kind of features might you be able to provide?

Are you talking about features like:
-making things easier for admins
-more reliable scoring
-more intelligent at starting games/switching map rotations depending on time of day (not sure if issue now, but used to be)

or do you mean features like:
-hero/race usage statistics
-game length statistics
-map/race winrate statistics

Offline Profforg

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2017, 02:21:29 am »
Btw, what kind of features might you be able to provide?

Are you talking about features like:
-making things easier for admins
-more reliable scoring
-more intelligent at starting games/switching map rotations depending on time of day (not sure if issue now, but used to be)

or do you mean features like:
-hero/race usage statistics
-game length statistics
-map/race winrate statistics
All of them and much more under the hood. Some advantages of my services:

1. Bot is connected to all technically-possible servers and I am constantly working on adding new ones. Thus you'll have highest numbers of players.
2. Multi-language feature of a bot. Bot will talk to you in your native language. For example if you're from Germany, bot will talk to you in German; if you're from France, bot will talk to you in French; and so on. This is beta feature, but it will be improved with time.
3. Extensive web-interface available to control bot's database and as an information source for players. It includes some cool features like automatic admin rights, unban, colored nickname services orderable by players and real-time bot control for bot's owner.
4. Embedding features available. It means, that gamelist, top (list of players sorted by score) of players and some other information, if needed, can be showed on any website / web-page.
5. Custom-made advanced statistics system. It is not based on ELO, it is highly tuneable statistics in which player's points calculated by some math operations. It is using all available per-player statistics (like win, lose, kills, deaths, creepkills, towerkills and so on) and ignores the ones which is not available.
6. Cycled autohosting with some clever features available. It includes, for example, an ability to host few maps on one bot with one main map (hosted oftenly) and unlimited additional maps (hosted from time to time). Time of day and some other metrics are also taken in the calculation for decision there.
7. Some important updates were done in latest versions of my bot: chance to lag significantly reduced, connection to most server's stabilized, which means even more players; visibility on all servers improved; features 'Virtual Lobby for bans', 'Custom announcement system' (very effective announcement which is automatically adapted to number of shown messages - each announce can include up to 5 in-game text lines; it separates to two groups - one if which allows to show announce only to newbies to prevent flooding the old players), 'Clever anti-flood/anti-spam', basic 'Anti-maphack / anti-tradehack', 'Tournament mode' (ability to anonymize players in game by changes all players named to "Player"; it allows to more fair game for tournaments/pro games and so on), 'Players quality control' (it allows to limit players only to most quality ones; There are various methods i use to judge is the player have enough quality to play or not; example of filters: country, score, ping. By default all players allowed.), 'Autobalance' (balance players in game based on players scores; I've made system which fixes disadvantages of similar systems on other bots) added. Features 'Autoban', 'Web-interface integration' significantly improved.
8. As already mentioned - in case of migration from existing bot hosting, nothing will be lost. I want also to note, that i never do wipes - bots statistics is always there regardless of it's size. It will always work fast.
9. Lastly, i want to mention, that no technical knowledges required to use my services. I am doing everything for you. All you'll need is to happily use the bot(s).

Feel free to contact me:

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2017, 07:25:43 am »
Ok please give me until the weekend and we will discuss

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2017, 07:57:07 am »
Amazing that there are still services like this around! The WC3 community is so divided between a ton of different platforms and servers so its 100% necessary.

Really great work you're doing Profforg. I'll message you soon about setting up an FML hostbot.

Offline NoMercy2

• Global Moderator
  • Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: D2sTRUCT8
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2017, 07:22:44 pm »
Nice Profforg u give us another good option in case luna shut down.
i think 2 bots are require one locate in france and the other in usa.

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2017, 10:38:56 pm »
Ok we had this agreement with profforg and many players on how to save and finance the ffa ladder. I thought it was good enough.

I cannot really pursue this right now because W3arena wants to proceed differently, and include FFA into an higher scale solution for all the problems that lunaghost closing creates.

I do not know what is that solution.

Sorry to leave you hanging like that but I am in a situation which would probably lead to conflicts if I do anything more.

I've put w3arena in contact with profforg.

My baby playFFA has grown up, and I do not control it anymore!  :icon_redface:

If whatever plan they have fails, I'll jump back in. If it works it is all good.

Long live FFA!

~Ugri

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2017, 11:33:22 pm »
update : Yosh finally decided to go with profforg so we are discussing again about how to handle the transfer.

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Race: Human
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2017, 12:11:05 am »
thanks Ugri  =)

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo