April 25, 2024, 09:36:47 am

Author Topic: Neo-Geo abusing admin rights  (Read 2062 times)

Batmaster

Neo-Geo abusing admin rights
« on: January 15, 2017, 10:32:48 pm »
During inactive hours, Neo-Geo tends to votestart games when there are only 3 or 4 players, even on large maps. When no one follows his lead, he starts the game anyway by abusing his admin powers. Please take away his admin rights immediately, he is ruining games for everyone who has the misfortune to join a game with him.

http://ffarena.lunaghost.com/game/289932/
http://ffarena.lunaghost.com/game/289933/

Here are two consecutive games which he has done this. 

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
Re: Neo-Geo abusing admin rights
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 10:57:55 pm »
We don't actually have any control over ffarena, but you can ask here
http://tft.w3arena.net/community/viewforum.php?f=34

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Race: Human
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 11:05:41 pm »
@FML|Renaud , he is orc player, and masses bats. Doesn't he deserve it ?  :icon_smile:

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo

Offline Neo-Geo

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 01:47:57 am »
I never !start an FFA with < 4 players. During an inactive period, I think it's better to start a game with 4 or more players than to wait it out just to have the bot reset the map or have people leave due to lack of patience. Some of the old school players may even recall that bliz FFAs were default 4 player size FFAs for like a dozen or so years.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 01:52:47 am by Neo-Geo »

Batmaster

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 01:59:52 am »
Yes, I am aware of the default for Bnet FFA. However, most players on FFArena enjoy games that have more as opposed to less players. Starting with 4 on Divide and Conquer is unacceptable. In future games, I advise you to ask the lobby before starting, or you will hear complaints from other players and have your admin rights taken away. Also, if you are going to use the !start command, you will reveal your identity as an admin(and possibly get teamed) no matter what, so there is no harm in asking the lobby first.

Offline FML|Mog

• Global Moderator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Mog[skynet]
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2017, 02:17:33 am »
I don't really see a problem with starting a game 4 way, especially during inactive hours. Sure, divide and conquer may suck as a 4 way, but I promise you it would never fill up anyway so my as well start it and play rather than wait for 30 min until bot finally skips it and then continue waiting... not everyone has an hour to kill waiting for a game to even start. I play mostly at off peak hours and it is really painful waiting for an 8 player map to fill so I always personally try to votestart anyway.

DV-

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 02:18:58 am »
Neo-geo is right but in his place I would start those maps with 1 player just to skip the map.
Divide and conquer is now deleted from rotation

Also, I can read chat log of game lobby so yes pls, dont start big maps like Sanctuary or GoldRush with 4 players without asking other players.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 02:21:06 am by DV- »

Batmaster

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2017, 02:30:51 am »
I wouldn't have posted if not for the fact that in all the games that were force started, the players complained afterwards. Personally, I don't like 4 player games because whoever doesn't have a neighbor, usually ends up winning. More players evens out the game and reduces luck as a factor, It's not like FML games, where players scout and don't suicide neighbors. There are also many players like Mog who would prefer a 4 player game over no game, so again, asking the lobby before starting seems like the best way to go.

Offline Neo-Geo

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2017, 04:00:53 am »
Sure, I love full 12 man Divide and Conquer FFAs. I hosted that map exclusively & consecutively on US East for at least a few years, back before my ISP threw up a perma firewall: https://youtu.be/Un9zDWjTqwg

But sometimes it can take 10 to 15 minutes just to get 4 or 5 players on our FFA bot, and getting a consensus before starting is unrealistic when most players perma tab out until they hear the chime that the game has started. That's why I had recently asked for admin rights, since it was beyond frustrating having people tabbed while trying relentlessly to votestart.

Technically, I haven't abused my admin rights. Here's my exact request for admin rights along with the reason, sent to Ugrilainen on 1/1/2017: "I only want ability to start a match. Frustrating to have maps reset at select screen because we only get 5/6 or 6/8 and so on. I would start an FFA with minimum of 4 players or more, so if that's a problem then I shouldn't have this ability."

The downside to starting with 4 players has been those that rage quit at start because it wasn’t a full map.  IMO, unsummoning and leaving does more harm than having the default FFA size of 4 players. Regardless, I plan on playing much less this year and I’ll be mindful of large map size and player #.