April 29, 2024, 01:38:32 pm

Author Topic: Filthy humans  (Read 2321 times)

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Ebo
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Orc
Filthy humans
« on: October 24, 2011, 12:47:02 pm »
Everyone knows how much I hate HU. While not so OP on the single battle level as orc, but just plain ANNOYING with their effing towers, mk/pal, tanks, gyros, griffons, slow, 3 food mortar, hawks, breakers and inner fire... and 4000 hp castles. Should all die in a fire.

So, HU is #1 race at winning FML... how do we beat these cheesers?

Top offenders: w8man, rebuke, humanstar, pateriqe, mrsparkle, wrecktify, johny boy.

Even more popular than orc and about 10 times more annoying. Specific strats vs specific players are greatly appreciated.

My personal strat is a bit cowardly. In the mid game, ward up/patrol all the gold mines the hu might take soon, and as soon as his peons show up to tower up, let them and kill it all, making him waste the gold.  Do this regularly. When he shows up for payback, run off and hide behind towers. If he camps his new expo, try and manip others into hitting his base (shouldnt be hard, humans are fucking op). Someone hits main - he tps - you kill expo. Repeat this until hu starts crying and manip others against you. Counter manip by stating that hu is op as shit and won like 11 FMLs.

If Hu makes you the target, hug towers, dont meet the motherfucker in the open. Hu got plenty siege abilities, so make sure you have a shitton of towers. They might get overconfident with tanks/hawks. Cc hawks (silence, hex, or plain snipe with ud 3 nuke) and make him back off. Cry for help in chat. If you have a TC, respec that shit to lvl 3 shockwave imo, good vs tank harass. I mean, face it, you're not hexastomping shit against hu cheap shit divine shield/heal/staffs.

p.s. team hard.

Offline Q-veta

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Jewish.Banker
  • Race: Human
Re: Filthy humans
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 01:01:57 pm »
Castles have 3250 hp. Also if you can't beat human with orc in most battles you're terrible. Conclusion: you're terrible.

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 01:28:25 pm »
:ne:
when defending my main, always have at least one air unit on top of tanks, will make them focus on it (unless they are manually asked to kill the building... but that takes micro.

Focus the pala (tbh i go devo aura now, since many player (xpte hexastomping orc) assume it's a lost cause and don't even focus him)

MASS moonwells (his towers * 3/4 moonwells) towers cost 100-70, moonwells cost 180-40.  Also, don't have your moonwells only in front, you should have a few in the back, to heal your staffing unit, and in case your front line of defense if overrun (probably because you ran out of moonjuice, or din't have an army ready)

Scrolls of healing:  Tanks strenght is that it does a little damage to multiple target, meaning you can't simply staff the one who is being focused... it also means damage will  be spread out and scrolls of healing will be very effective

Dots:  Dots are great for three reasons,
 1-auto detects mec critters
 2-weakens tanks defense
 3-shows you where the human escapes too (good when hunting him down)

Staff of teleportations: always good to put one on your panda, this has 3 effect
 1-can freely teleport to defend vs tanks
 2-scare the human into tping himself
 3-get him back into action after staffing him

Ancient of War:  can be massed and place arround  your main, to block tanks (as a bonus you don't even need to repair them, they can eat trees

Ancients:  if you are vs pure tanks/morts, uprooting them will make them more resistant to siege attack (but they will die in seconds to gryph.. so be carefull)

I heard once that Smile used 9 feary dragon in armor form to absorb the damage from tanks, no clue if it worked

Blex would bring 1-2 balista with him, sure they die in seconds to gryph, but if the gryphs run in front of the tanks, chances is are they will be bofed/hippoed to death, and if they don't he will probably lose 2-3 tanks before reaching you (tanks are slow!)

vs an agressive human (with casters) bring a few feary, mana flare rapes priest and sorc

AMS pots protects you from any real damage the human can do (gryphons/nuke) (and cost less than invul pot, AND last longer)

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 01:37:15 pm »
which hero combo would you go vs a well known good hu?
I'm thinking dh/panda/kotg to be decent in both army fights and somewhat ok in hero arena

Offline DarKNeSSCaLLs

• Blademaster
  • The Imbalanced one
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DarKNeSSCaLLsMe
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 01:38:48 pm »
w8man, rebuke, humanstar, pateriqe, mrsparkle, wrecktify, johny boy.

You forgot Q-veta. And yeah, Castles don't have that much health, in fact masonry was nerfed a bit in the last patch.

Offline DarKNeSSCaLLs

• Blademaster
  • The Imbalanced one
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DarKNeSSCaLLsMe
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 01:44:17 pm »
As orc dealing with tanks, specifically:

Always have more than one hall in your main.

Have plenty of sentry wards, at least one in the entrance of your base and several at the paths to your main.

Keep an eye out for critters, they are difficult to see. Be proactive about killing them on the road, when they reach your base they are usually easy to conceal.

A few raiders with ensnare are useful vs tanks, don't make too many or else a human could switch to a full 100 food army and you have too many useless raiders for a battle.

Stasis traps are activated by tanks, lay one down immediately when engaging, and keep re-applying.

Barracks walls are cheap and most effective. Orc towers are fairly useless, don't invest too much into them on your expos.

Consider relearning TC for wave if the tank abuse becomes way too much to handle.

Use bats/wyvs to distract poor human players from letting their tanks auto-attack the air.

Purge stops units from being staffed for a couple of seconds.

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 02:03:56 pm »
To help see critters, press alt (shows hp bar of all units) usually helps me find them

For elf hero, I usually try to get a combo vs all race and not just hu.  But assuming i would be against 3 hu, i thnk Panda/Kotg/Potm would be the best (not sure about the order)  Panda is great vs tanks/gyro/towers, Potm is great vs Gyro, gives a nice dmg bonus and most importantly, can detect invis units.  the kotg is good for entangling, but most importantly, healing rains negates a lot of the damage done by tanks (once again, dealing little dmg to many units comes back to haunt them)

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 02:15:57 pm »
I love potm for obvious scouting/aura/starfall (if she gets it early enough), but she is kinda useless in hero arena :( DH on the other hand is
1) awesome early game
2) mana burn
3) tank
4) pro at hero arena with meta
5) serves about same function as starfall in terms of killing shitty units like tanks, gyros, towers... but you get it much faster than sf

Just t-crafting of course, but panda+dh+kotg could do pretty well vs human cheese... entangle shuts down a hero's attacks, mana burn on mk, hurricane something and choose a target, repeat when cooldowns are up.

Tough vs orc when they hexastomp kotg... really need that entangle on bm and mana burn spam /hurricane asap. Obv if BM opens up on hex its over automatically. Ud is ezmode, as long as kotg is loaded up on periapts+ams, snipe down dk
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 02:18:41 pm by rygorych »