April 27, 2024, 09:35:12 am

Author Topic: Future Plans for YouTube  (Read 3248 times)

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: sEksi
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Random
Re: Future Plans for YouTube
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2014, 07:49:31 pm »
On topic, I like Red's ideas Mage.  As for casting 2v2 matches, I think that would only be interesting if the skill level was good (playing FFA style 2s AT for example). 

I also would enjoy hearing casts of big show matches where we have 8+ players in a big custom game. 

The transition into youtube has gone well and deserves more exposure.  I will try to promote it when I stream also (link to see FML's youtube and new content).  It would be nice if there were timely installments (weekly, bi-weekly or what not) that people could subscribe and look forward too.

Offline FML|Mog

• Global Moderator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Mog[skynet]
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2014, 11:56:22 pm »
Mage and I were trying to do weekly installments but we were having a hard time with schedule conflicts. Also then when we had time we couldn't find games to cast! Because most good games are like 2+hours long. Maybe a fan section where people can give feedback on games they would like to see casted? Like old FML finals or certain games from the season etc. We weren't sure if people wanted to sit through long games or if they prefer short games only...things like that.

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2014, 12:12:05 am »
The red Orc was LeL  - no idea why he used Worpex' as a name. Maybe Worpex can clarify that.

This was in FML's infancy where we were more worried about expanding and promoting the league then hackers. LeL got his account on Garena banned (likely due to hacking, although he claimed it was from some other program which wasn't a hack) and so I let him use my account for the finals. Coincidentally, that account was also banned after the match.

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2014, 07:51:28 am »
All very good points and I'll try to address them. 

@Seksi.

Glad to see you like Red's idea, I'm absolutely going to do the interviews with the Game Night feature.  The finals recaps will be a bit more challenging but the more I think about it the more I like it.  As for the 2s that's completely fair.  I don't expect everyone to like them, but so far the feedback has been positive if a bit luke warm.  I'll probably continue to do a set of them and see how the reaction ends up being in the long run. 

I've got mixed feelings on the Big FFA's.  Usually the replays are pretty terrible.  The skill quality in those games tends to be lower, and the final 3 way can drag even longer than normal games since people finally have a chance to hoard.  That being said, I actually think they're a blast to do live because usually the early game has more action.  I'd like to more of them live, but the problem is that I have maybe 4-5 free hours a week and none of them line up with when 8 people are free to do a live game.  I'll keep that in mind though and would like to do a live cast on an 8 way with a bunch of good players.

As for the scheduled installments, they actually are now.  Time is impossible to do because of upload speeds and processing, however the videos have been only coming out on Sundays for the past 4 or 5 months.  When I asked a while ago that appeared to be the most popular day for when people wanted them out.  It was a weekly release for a while, however I went off the radar for 5 weeks and didn't release anything which threw a wrench in the works. 

In the video I talk a bit about what I would like to see, and long term that is that there will be a video put out Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday.  It would be a lot of content, but that's why I'm looking at other productions as well obviously since they're easier to create a back catalog of. Any promotion is greatly appreciated, thanks!  And thank you for all the comments, it's exactly what I'm looking for.

@Mog Good call on fan request section, I'll go ahead and create that today.

Hi

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2014, 03:47:38 am »
@pinball : i stopped doing them because there were very few views at that time but we did not have official channels then.

Now that I became a decent caster, I could probably do something betterwith the followings