April 29, 2024, 04:04:55 pm

Author Topic: clan lone forums  (Read 6753 times)

Offline MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMK

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMK
  • Race: Random
clan lone forums
« on: October 17, 2011, 05:12:47 am »
I see those forums do not exist anymore... for new players that was a usefull site because there were lots of articles of how to play particular matchups and particular maps.
I was wondering if we couldn't remake those articles to have a general strategy summary...
i can help with that  :icon_smile:
because now you can't find anything on the map about ffa strategies except for the classic battle.net site but that sucks...

Offline FML|red7z7

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: red7z7
  • Coins: 284
  • Race: Undead
Re: clan lone forums
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 05:18:28 am »

Offline Pinballmap

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Replay Master
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Pinballmap
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 06:46:19 am »
ah nice that you  posted these guides, they'r still very usefull

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 07:57:46 am »
This is the best FFA guide ever made:

http://www.wcreplays.com/page?section=articles&id=341

Offline Q-veta

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Jewish.Banker
  • Race: Human
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 10:08:22 am »

You generally shouldn't pick a tavern hero first as Human

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 10:16:10 am »
WOW that's a huge guide, never saw it before

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2011, 11:45:46 am »

You generally shouldn't pick a tavern hero first as Human

Hey, the Article was written in 2005 before people realized that the Alchemist didn't suck. It is a bit dated, but the "General FFA Tips" section is still extremely relevant and helpful to anyone who wants to play FFA. I highly recommend anyone who is new to FFA read that section, the rest is still useful, but dated.

WOW that's a huge guide, never saw it before

It was written by Nooblex. :D

Lightweight!

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2011, 01:27:14 pm »
I read a little bit of this article and there are truely some funny aspects how ffa was played that time. For example nooblex says in his article that the dark ranger isnt a good nore a bad hero. And farseer was used 80% as first hero. Amazing work by him and a good thing for newcomers, but 20 % of this article could be updated.

FFA has changed a lot the last years and i think we are close to master it, because it doesnt seems like new patches will come and big changes will be inserted into the game.

Ugrilainen

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2011, 01:30:11 pm »
The part on ud race too, he didnt play the race. But general macro tips are still good

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 04:58:11 pm »
FFA has changed a lot the last years and i think we are close to master it, because it doesnt seems like new patches will come and big changes will be inserted into the game.

I doubt it! I think the way FFA is played has changed a lot within just this season of FML. A lot of the oldschool players who just sat around and hoarded are gone (like Nooblex, Camp, Wrecktify) and now we have players who are extremely aggressive and winning consistently (like Maga, DasE, Human* and htrt). I know they've changed my gameplay, and i've seen big changes in other people too because of them (Ugri, Red, Renaud).

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Peregrine
  • Coins: 168
  • Race: Random
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 11:09:04 pm »
Im gonna stick up for the oldshool and say that the reason the aggressive guys are winning is cause theres often one newb in the game who doesnt make them pay for their aggressiveness. you cant be aggressive on all four players, usually a smart player will hoard if one guy is too aggressive.

some of the new players dont have the ffa sense to do so, instead doing other things.

beginning rounds were - 1 aggressive great player, 2 good ffa players, 1 noob.

later rounds all the aggressive winners were in the same game.

smarter players, more experienced players is the reason aggressive beasts like battle.suck never won. in fact until Htrt a true aggressive player never won. including target, he hoarded too when given the chance. plus i consider maga a mix who is aggressive early game (as UD needs to be) then plays quiet/smart rest of the way

Lightweight!

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2011, 11:58:20 am »

I doubt it! I think the way FFA is played has changed a lot within just this season of FML. A lot of the oldschool players who just sat around and hoarded are gone (like Nooblex, Camp, Wrecktify) and now we have players who are extremely aggressive and winning consistently (like Maga, DasE, Human* and htrt). I know they've changed my gameplay, and i've seen big changes in other people too because of them (Ugri, Red, Renaud).

I dont agree with you. If a player is able to hoard massive amounts of gold then it is a lack of skill or stupidity by others. That doesnt matter if you are hoarding too, but good players will make you pay for hoarding.
I have watched all fml-finals and the skill level has raised massively. You cant compare season 10 final with season 3 for example. There was good players ofc, but they were making so many mistakes that i dont see that often nowadays by our fml players. They were good back then, but they would lose against nowadays players of fml im sure except some oldschool gosu's like yane or fly for example who had only little weaknesses.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 12:00:08 pm by Lightweight! »

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Ebo
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2011, 12:17:52 pm »

Well, that'd be because the ratios shifted. I tend to play aggressively now (to the point where I'll go all out without much regard for my own safety, e.g. 50/50 suicide) because I just can't stand long games anymore. I don't have the patience to sit around and wait until mines are drained.

But that's not to say that aggressive strat is the superior one. It's just there are more aggressive players now.

Think about it this way: if Maga was stuck in a game with 3 Ebos and he didn't hoard but instead went on to attack one, he'd be teamed 3v1, or, if he managed to take out Ebo1 quick enough, 2v1 for the rest of the game against 2x 20k+ g. Oh and bats don't need to be microed all that much.

One ridiculous development I noticed in many FML games is that there is a carousel of teaming going on. That's garbage. It stalls games, frustrates the shit out of everyone and most importantly creates a community of wolf cryers.

Here's my philosophy: when I team, I team to the end. Backstab me and I'll pay back very hard. Stick with me, and I'll carry you out to final 1v1 QUICKLY... instead of the LONG AND BORING idiocy that is 1v1v1.
And it works, most of the time. I'm not good enough of a 1v1 player to be really feared.

Now, you may think: "3-ways suck, but ebo, this sounds like some preteaming yo"

Well, no. Teaming with me is a PRIVILEGE. I don't just randomly choose you to team with me. I don't just randomly choose a target to team against. If I am teaming against you, it's becaus you did something DUMB, and you deserve to lose the game. So don't do anything DUMB. If I made peace with you, it's because I trust that you will be good enough to not backstab me and HONOR the peace.

HONOR wins.

DUMB loses.

BETRAYAL gets owned on so many levels it's not even funny.

So, key to playing games with Ebo: play honorable, not dumb.

Offline Q-veta

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Jewish.Banker
  • Race: Human
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 01:12:44 pm »
3-ways are the best thing there is in ffa. It's just 2 solos followed by another solo it's boring as fuck.

SteppinRazor

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 01:28:24 pm »
I think it would be really cool/interesting to see a comprehensive article on the DECISION making/thought processes/mental parts of FFA written by someone who is really experienced and seems to know virtually everything about FFA (Renaud??)

I like reading the FFA guides on heroes/units/etc but most of that stuff is pretty much common sense at this point.  The hardest part of FFA (other than 100 food of orc with tri 10 heroes lol) is the decision making aspect of it (this is probably due to my general inexperince) and things like that because if you fuck up once by making a bad decision you are penalized WAY more than if you just lose a battle which you can bounce back from easier.