April 28, 2024, 12:47:50 pm

Author Topic: FML Social Media Suggestions: Part 2  (Read 3552 times)

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
FML Social Media Suggestions: Part 2
« on: October 21, 2013, 11:52:24 am »
Okay, a few months ago I created a thread to try and figure out what direction FML's social media should be taken.  You all were great, and we revamped our Facebook, starting an overhaul on YouTube, and have been working steadily on our streaming.

However, it can be hard to tell how we're doing by ourselves since we obviously have some bias.  So what I'm asking everyone is for some pure honest critique.  It doesn't have to be good, and it doesn't have to be bad, however I do insist it remains polite.  Flaming is no good, constructive criticism is good.

An example that we recently had: Try to turn the game volume down during shoutcasts.  That's helpful.  Saying this sucks obviously isn't since you haven't given us any reason why it does.

Without further ado, let us know what you like, what you don't and what you'd like to see!  The biggest problem that we're currently aware of is a lack of content.  Due to time constraints we can't put out as much as we'd like, however we are in the process of trying to increase it!

Please and thank you to everyone for their help.
Hi

Offline Cheerio

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Undelicious
  • Race: Random
Re: FML Social Media Suggestions: Part 2
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 10:49:40 pm »
I'm not sure if this is the wrong place to post it, but here goes nothing:

I think it would be awesome if you could include names of the players in the games in the name of the videos on Youtube. I see you included it in the description, but still. Just my two cents:)

Offline FML|Mage

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 10:13:47 am »
I'm not sure if this is the wrong place to post it, but here goes nothing:

I think it would be awesome if you could include names of the players in the games in the name of the videos on Youtube. I see you included it in the description, but still. Just my two cents:)

I agree with you, the main problem then is it makes it ungodly long.  Worpex was awesome enough to make a template that will show the player names clearer on the title page.  Would you rather have the players names in the title or the shoutcasters?  I currently include the shoutcasters because I want to make it clear it's not a VOD and is audio as well, however if people think players names are more important and people will click regardless then I'll consider changing it!
Hi

Offline Cheerio

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Undelicious
  • Race: Random
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 11:25:27 am »
I always assume there's some nice shoutcasting behind, and lately it's been more or less you and purebe (with the occasional other).

I am a lot more interested in who is playing, because that - for me - decides a lot more about the game than who's shoutcasting. Whether it's you solo, you and purebe, you and worpex, you, purebe and maga, doesn't matter to me, because i know I will have some people who knows more about ffa than me tell me what's going on and analyzing / being fun. But if it's a showmatch between 2 solos and 2 good ffa'ers or a random ffa from bot that is ungodly horrible will make me stay up an xtra 45min and watch, or choose not to watch it.

The cast decides a lot more for me than the casting. The casting is very important, but at the moment you're doing great and purebe is pretty fun. I really liked Wreck's insight aswell, because he's extremely good at spotting power-relations and has huge game-knowledge (from my limited perspective :D)

/e I forgot to add that ungodly long names don't hurt me, but that might just be me.

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 12:20:03 pm »
I would agree with the names of the players being important, it's a lot easier for me to remember what game was which based on the players than the match number, although I would still like to know the shoutcaster, especially if there is one that isn't habitual

but
"FML Season 18 Match 2 Renaud vs Ludix vs Ostone vs Mog[skynet] Shoutcasted by Mage and Purebe"

Would be way too long....
maybe
"FML s18m2 Renaud vs Ludix vs Ostone vs Mog Shoutcasted by Mage and Purebe"
?

Offline FML|Mage

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 12:30:59 pm »
That's fair, and I'll try to think of a good way to do it.  The other part of this coin is that the majority of those that watch aren't FML, or even FFA players and as such don't really know what FML is, or may just know the casters (purebe has a huge following), so that helps to draw players to it.  Still, I do like having the players in the title.

If some others that watch could chime in that would be great!
Hi

Offline Wrecktify

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
  • Supreme Admin of FML
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SerWrecktify
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 12:32:07 pm »
I think we need to do TwitchCastsFFA. 

Mage and I will read the random words you people type into the chat box as our shoutcast. 

Boom.

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2014, 12:59:57 pm »
No.

We have 4 players control by twitch, and you & mage have to cast wtf is going on

THAT my friend, is gold!