May 04, 2024, 11:52:05 am

Author Topic: M17 Result  (Read 3594 times)

Offline FML|ResultsBot

• Bot
  • Peon
  • FML Results Bot
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML-Sub
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Random
M17 Result
« on: November 04, 2018, 04:37:50 pm »
M17
:Czech_Republic: :hu: Lil Tic
:USA: :ra: Seksi
:Russia: :hu: AJIKAIII
:Russia: :ra: reinforceement-
Download

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 03:29:16 am by FML|HighTac »

Offline ena1337

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: ena1337
  • Race: Orc
Re: M17 Result
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2018, 04:40:17 pm »
M17
:USA: :ra: Seksi
:Russia: :hu: AJIKAIII
:Russia: :ra: reinforceement-
Download

(click to show/hide)

No brains down

M17
:Czech_Republic: :hu: Lil Tic

(click to show/hide)

Brain up

Deserved finalist, everyone else in that cast was a noob.

GL HF LIL TIC ! Big respect for you bro!

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: sEksi
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2018, 08:55:08 pm »
In what world does the human get ignored in FFA against 3 UDs?  Well, he was underestimated and I didn't look for island.   Strangely enough the other players found the island (Reinforcement?) but didn't say anything.   Would of been a closer game if someone pointed that out... or i scouted it.

It was unfortunate I disc in the first game, I had an almost perfect start and spawns were good.   Next game spawns were bad and I lost first big 100 food fight putting me behind in levels.  After watching the replay, Reinforcement took advantage of his opportunity to grab 4 expos, amassing almost 40k gold but somehow lost most of it quickly.  AJ had some questionable decisions to kill his units and could never really recover his economy/macro.  Nice fighting though.  I fought poorly vs AJ but fought better as the game went on.   Not as well as I'd like to play here... losing heroes here and there and not scouting Lil Tic's island. 

Side note:  Some of these FML games are still good, but FML games now seem to always be base races, lots of peacing, sitting around.  Even if everyone has mass gold it's usually a base race or something similar in the end.   I think this evolution of FML games loses a lot of the fun for me and some others.   Any advantage you may have in mechanical skill (micro, macro, creeping, army compositions, etc.) is kind of lost in this format because there isn't much of an advantage to playing well early... maybe it even hurts you more often.  I think we yearn for a competitive ladder again because with ladder those mechanical skills are rewarded more appropriately and there isn't multiple "peace and hoard at 50"  times through each game for every player.

I don't want to take anything away from Lil Tic though, he was smart and patient (and friendly) and executed his strategy to win the game.   gg wp

Nice win, Lil Tic.  Thx for rehost.  Congrats on finals!

« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 09:01:09 pm by Seksi »

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Race: Human
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2018, 09:58:15 pm »
@Seksi oh you disced?  :icon_cry:. Can you send me replay of the second game? HT seemed to forgot updloading it. Also, why aren't you using the banner I made you  :icon_mad: :icon_smile: :icon_mrgreen:

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: sEksi
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2018, 12:07:05 am »
I disconnected in the first game, and they agreed to manner rehost after about 15 minutes.   I am only on mobile right now but DV posted the replay in discord.  In hindsight, I should have known to scout for human island so that is all on me.  I think all of us had good and bad moments so In that regard it was a Good game.  Though It Would’ve been nice to have some down-to-the-wire moments with hero Arena in a 4 way if the island had garnered attention.  gg

Offline FML|HighTac

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: HighTac
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2018, 02:28:37 am »
@ZsSuperCumulo The replay archive often takes some time to update so I need to post results without link at first

@Seksi I'm optimistic that the ladder will become more competitive again with our upcoming ladder league. Let's see how upcoming patches change our environment. I think you were pretty unlucky to be the one who streamed 5h games. In general, we didnt see much 4-way peacing this season.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 05:56:48 am by FML|HighTac »

Offline ObserveAndLearn

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: jOeybadaSs_
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 04:38:24 am »
@Seksi not sure how much it helps but in terms of wc3 and ffa skill i think to the people who matter it's evident you are a top player. I enjoyed your ffa skill and if you didnt drop first game you probably would've won. It's crazy how much gold reinforcement lost while you lost 5k fighting numerous 100 battles one after another and still remained in the game. Rest assured skill matters and you shine in that department.

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Peregrine
  • Coins: 168
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2018, 07:14:23 pm »
the main reason why ladder games are better than fml is anonymity

anonymous games >>>>> fml games

also, there's no need to rush to conclusions about the 'current state of ffa'

ffa is the same. FML is what keeps changing. this season we had 2-3 rounds, and players who won using a hoard/manip style in the first few rounds weren't punished later on like they usually are. Ena used hoard/manip to win 2 games, and boom he's already in finals. Same with qwest, and same with lil tic, who is new, and people weren't aware of his style.

FFA always has a mix of action packed and longer games. The 5 hour game on sanc was an anomaly because it was a 3way on sanc, and each player wanted to make finals very badly. And qwest is a particularly passive player.

Offline b100death

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2018, 07:26:34 pm »
Seksi started reminding me arnicrati, metres text of nothing, stupid BO, atack into surround and etc

Offline ena1337

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: ena1337
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2018, 02:26:02 am »
Xddddd b100 #1