March 28, 2024, 08:23:59 pm

Author Topic: April Fools: FML  (Read 1625 times)

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
April Fools: FML
« on: April 03, 2013, 09:56:23 am »
:FMLN:

As most of you have probably guessed (we hope) by now, the maps were indeed our April fools joke, or at least one part of it.  We actually had a 3 day April Fools fest since we're just that bored.  However, each part of the joke does in fact have a grain of truth.  As with all believable lies, they're two part fiction one part truth.  So, I'll give a quick rundown.

March 30 - Stream on Ongamenet

Fiction

We will not actually be streaming our games on Ongamenet.  At this point we think keeping the community that we have together is the most important thing, and we wouldn't want to compromise that by giving in to demands that a company like that would have to increase viewership

Fact

We will be starting up the official FML Twitch TV channel prior to the Season 16 kick off.  I'm currently in the process of working on it, and hope to accomplish three major goals. 

1) Provide a quality way for people to watch FML matches without having to open WC III.  With the invention of tablets and notebooks, a lot of people have internet access without having WCIII installed.  This makes using WTV impossible. 

2) Stream first person videos of some of our good players playing regular matches.  I've been in touch with a few people, and hopefully will be in touch with a few more after this gets started, about streaming when they're playing.  I think this would bring a new aspect to the game, and could help people see what it's like for FFA players, as well as allow other players to pick up some tips and tricks.

3) Increase FML's popularity.  Streaming is the best current way to gain audiences.  Good but not great solo players easily have 200 people watching their streams at times.  I think we could get at least that many, and probably more.

April 1 - Worpex has sold off the admins

Fiction

Worpex has not done that.

Fact

He's probably plotting it right now.  Be wary for the future, you never know when Worpex is going to try and turn personal profit from our highly successful and marketable league.

April 2 - The New Maps

Fiction

Those are not in fact the maps we will be playing.  We thought of a way to make every race imba on a certain map, and that's what we got.  The initial plan was to have a replay for every map, but we ran out of time.  It's somewhat insulting that you guys think we would create maps that bad, but we appreciate the honest feedback.  The truth of this will rely on it later on.

Fact

Season 16 will feature one entirely new map.  Persuade is currently working on it, and based off of the designs I'm very excited about it.  That being said we hope to have many games played on it before we actually implement it next season so those of you who were nice enough to provide feed back for us this time we hope you'll bear with us and test out the true map when it's ready.

Happy April Fools Day/s Everyone!
Hi

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: persuade
  • Race: Random
Re: April Fools: FML
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 11:07:18 am »
wait you were joking?!

I was looking forward to those maps!!!

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 11:20:16 am »
Awww man. So we're NOT going to play on a map FILLED WITH MURLOCS?? I can't understand why!

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 11:31:59 am »
Sorry, I forgot to include that that will be the qualifier map.
Hi