April 26, 2024, 02:59:58 pm

Author Topic: Round 2: Delayed Preview Edition  (Read 2105 times)

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
Round 2: Delayed Preview Edition
« on: February 26, 2013, 10:20:03 am »
I’ll start off by apologizing for having this out so late.  I apparently caught a case of Wrecktivitus and decided that I didn’t feel like actually writing anything and would just let my reputation carry me.  I assure you though that I’ve fixed it for this round, and possibly for the next couple of rounds as well.  Without further ado...

The second round of Season 15.  In an interesting twist, two games contain two winners.  As such, it’s quite likely to have at least 1 50 point player at the end of the round, and completely impossible to have 4.  And no, we didn’t rig the matches.  And if we did, we certainly wouldn’t tell you.  Seriously though, Ugri’s in charge of matches and he doesn’t take bribes, unlike certain admins *cough* Worpex *cough*.

But, before I get myself in trouble with either the IRS or Worpex, the round 2 matches!

Map : Spider Falls :SF:

M5
:Finland: :ra: Rain
:Germany: :hu: Humanstar
:USA: :ne: DarkFlameMaster
:Sweden: :ra: Brainman

Match 5 brings us a bunch of players who like to play Random despite the fact that they are not equally good with all races.  Despite that annoying fact though, we should be in for a treat.  DFM, taking over for the recently deceased PLZLEAVEDUCK/RSM (RIP - One quack too many) is one of the most promising new players.  Even if he’s not new, he won’t tell us who he is so we’re going to pretend he’s new.  A great Night Elf player who abuses DR to perfection, we’ll see if he ends up with another race or can bring some Night Elf innovation to a new map.  Brainman is another returning FML player, but we actually know his name so we don’t get to call him a newbie.  Noob maybe though (just kidding, love you Brain.)  A solid player with all races, and always a good bet to win a match he’s in he should bring a solid play style to a new map. 

Our Season 14 winner got off to a rough start in Season 15, and hopefully will be looking to redeem himself this round.  It’s another map that he’s likely never played though, so we’ll see how he deals with diversity.  Our last player in M5 is probably the best.  Ugri has already leaked it that Humstar has an imba strategy on this map.  Was this just pregame manip to eliminate Humi?  Who knows, but it makes for a much more interesting piece.  So Humstar, are you wondering why Ugri hates you yet?  I know the rest of us are...

M6 - Has been played already, description was written beforehand.
:USA: :ra: Persuade
:Germany: :hu: Lightweight!
:Bulgaria: :ud: Magadansky
:Finland: :ne: J33.

M6 is one of two matchups that features a Round 1 winner.  We have Persuade the cheater, and Maga the lucky.  Persuade somehow managed to pull of a victory with his worst race (he’ll tell you it’s Human, but don’t listen to him it’s really Night Elf.)  The other winner, Maga was able to use his Vampire allure to not get teamed to death in his match.  Watch out guys, if you suddenly have the urge to allow all your units to be killed and have their blood sucked dry you should probably not listen to it.  Our third contestant actually counts as the third and fourth contestants due to his massive Bipolar tendencies and inability to act in a coherent manner.  Lightweight the bipolar has his positive personality which plays Human and his evil personality which plays Orc.  Depending on what race he picks we’ll be able to to see which Lightweight is showing up to play.  Our final player, J33 the... shit.  Sorry, J33 I don’t have a nickname for you.  Still, you’re going to get a free win and I’ll show you why.

The following is how the game will occur.  You don’t need to even watch.

10:00 Maga kills off a J33 expo because it’s too close to him, and then begins the process of toming him.

15:00 Lightweight hits Maga, starts to do a good bit of damage.

18:00 Persuade can’t stand the fact that things are going on that he’s not involved in so he comes to check them out and balance them.

25:00 Begin 3-way.

120:00 End 3 way with Maga coming out victourious.
120:05 Persuade leaves the game
120:10 Lightweight leaves the game
120:30 XoZ_Magadansky: Wait, why haven’t I been declared the victor after everyones left?
121:00 J33 comes with 100 food and 60k after hoarding at 50 on 4 mines for 2 hours.
140:00 For some unknown reason the game is still going on and Maga is just dominating with his heroes.
145:00 J33 remembers he can just throw gold at magas base and basekill him
146:00 GG. 
146:05: Scores read.  Maga - 1st.  Lightweight - 2nd. Persuade - 3rd.  J33 - 4th.  Since J33 won though, Persuade gets 5 points and is screwed.

M7
:USA: :ne: Mog[Skynet]
:USA: :ra: Seksi
:Peru: :ra: Gahh
:Germany: :ra: Slythe

Seriously people, NO MORE RANDOM.  It makes it really damn hard to do a write up when I don’t know what races you’re going to be!  Only Slythe is allowed to do Random because he was doing Random before it was the cool thing to do.  Our first player, Mog, is a player who A) picks his race.  B) Plays Night Elf, and C) Has improved greatly over the past year.  All of those things make him a favorite to root for in the FML community.  Or at least Worpex roots for him and thus Worpex makes the rest of us root for him as well.  Known originally for his Tinker play, he’s been gain a better grasp of FFA in recent times and taking advantage of what the Night Elf Race can offer.  Gahh is another player who is probably better known in the solo community than the FFA community.  However he’s proving that he’s willing to put the work in to improve at FFA.  While he might not be considered a powerhouse yet, there’s time.  Qualifying for this season may have been a bit of a fluke, but now that he’s in he’ll be trying to prove that he deserves it just as much as everyone else.

Our other two players in the match are the other Round 1 winners.  Slythe managed to win his game without too much trouble in the first round.  In addition, he’s probably one of the most solid Random players in the league.  Not known for being spectacular with any one race, he also has no glaring weakness with any race either.  In a game with some unpredictable players, Slythe is certainly a favorite to be able to go with the flow and adapt to the game style.  The last of our players, Seksi, has had extremely strong results lately. In addition he is one of the few players that is going into this round with an open mind about the map.  Will this prove to be an advantage for him?  Only time will tell, but if innovation is going to happen expect Seksi to be one of the players providing it.

M8
:Sweden: :ne: / :hu: Dkh.Starshaped
:USA: :orc: Audigy
:cvech: :ud: Cechi
:Ukraine: :orc: Nline

Our last match of the round should be an intriguing one.  Cechi proved his ability to compete in his previous FML match, but this will be a completely unfamiliar map to him most likely.  How will he deal with having to create strategies on the f-l-y and not knowing his terrain?  Who knows, but hopefully he’ll prove to have a more innovative mind than some of our current players.  Starshaped is another player who appears to be open to playing whatever comes his way.  Will he play Human and completely tower the map while mass tp’ing everywhere?  Will he use his newfound love of elves to sneak chims into everyones base? 

Audigy, our resident necromancer, has forsaken his damned race to play Orc for this match only.  Probably rightfully deciding that mass wagons would take all day to do anything we’ll see if he plans to continue his ground game with Orc, or move on to some bats and wyvs.  Nline, the true Orc, may take exception to the imposter trying to play his race.  It’s ok though Audigy, we all know that switching to the right-click-race is purely a desperation move.  If the games we’ve seen on this map are any indication of the norm, then Nline’s Alchemist could prove to be an important pawn in the game.  Being able to get an extra 2k or 3k gold could prove the breaking point that he needs to win the game.

Hope that you’ve all enjoyed my completely inane writing and that I’ve managed to waste 5 minutes of you’re life that you’ll never be able to get back.  For a full write up that includes a Round 1 recap, see my WCR post!
Hi

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: persuade
  • Race: Random
Re: Round 2: Delayed Preview Edition
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 11:42:25 am »
tldr?

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 11:50:23 am »
But, before I get myself in trouble with either the IRS or Worpex, the round 2 matches!

I still didn't receive my payment from last season... I better see that soon or else

Offline FML|Mage

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 12:03:21 pm »
tldr?

TL;DR Persuade is a noob who will never make the finals. 

Quote from: Bossman
I still didn't receive my payment from last season... I better see that soon or else

I'm not paying twice.
Hi

Offline Pinballmap

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Replay Master
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Pinballmap
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 12:12:08 pm »
tldr means = too long , didnt read.

but what is IRS?

Ugri2

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 12:33:23 pm »
lmao M5 description.
and yes Hustar gonna win it, even surrounded, no doubt. He is so smart, and the others dont have a clue

Offline FML|Mage

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 12:46:10 pm »
tldr means = too long , didnt read.

but what is IRS?

The IRS is the U.S. government agency responsible for tax collection and tax law enforcement.

Basically when you illegally make money or pay bribes etc they get unhappy and put you in jail.
Hi

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 12:51:28 pm »
I'm not paying twice.

When you bet on double or nothing, you better pay double!

Awesome write up btw. Just read it all! Well written!

Ugri2

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2013, 11:31:33 am »
ok read it all :)

nice writing and M6 was nearly perfectly foreseen :)

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: persuade
  • Race: Random
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 12:28:33 pm »
ok read it all :)

nice writing and M6 was nearly perfectly foreseen :)

except I didn't balance anything, I suicided LW because j33 was being manipped too easily

Offline hejpådigStarshaped

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DkH.Starshaped
  • Race: Human
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 05:57:00 pm »
Nice write-up! Keep up the good work =)