April 24, 2024, 08:45:53 pm

Author Topic: Don't Worry Ladder, You aren't Forgotten  (Read 2511 times)

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
Don't Worry Ladder, You aren't Forgotten
« on: January 27, 2013, 08:39:58 pm »
:FMLN:

Well, it’s been three weeks and I thought that it was a good time for an update.  While we aren’t off to quite as much success as last season, we’ve still had a great number of matches played.  In 3 weeks we’ve had 31 games played with 30 different players.  Averaging more than a game a day, and the quality of the matches that have been played are outstanding.  Rounding out our top 4 players we have 3 very well known names in the FML community and a newcomer who has taken the ladder by storm.

In 4th place we have :USA: :ra: Seksi.  The FML Ladder Season 1 winner, he’s not playing quite as often as he was last season, but he’s still in prime position to make a run at back to back titles.  At Level 10 he’s 3-6.  Considering the quality of opponents he’s playing though I think we can consider that a pretty good winning percentage.  In addition, I think we can expect that when FML Season 15 starts he may start playing some more games. 

In 3rd place we have :USA: :ra: DarkFlameMaster, or DFM for short.  The newcomer I mentioned earlier, he’s taken FML Ladder Season 2 by storm.  He started off by posting a 4-0 record against some of our top FML Ladder players.  Once his name was put on the map those wins slowed down a bit, but he still has a very respectable 6-3 record and he’s level 12.  His high level of play so far shows that he can certainly keep up with all the heavy hitters in FML, and I expect we’ll be seeing a lot more from DFM in the future.

In 2nd place so far we have :Bulgaria: :ud: Magadansky.  The two time FML winner has decided to take his talents to the FML Ladder since he doesn’t have any qualifier matches to participate in.  At level 12 as well, he’s earned himself a very respectable 7-8 record.  Playing the most matches of any ladder player so far, he’s managing to win almost 50% of the.  An impressive feat when you consider most people just want to team him out from the start. 

And, our current ladder leader is... :USA: :ra: Persuade.  At level 12, he’s posting an impressive 70% win ratio of 7-3.  He’s probably best known for not being able to come through in the big matches, however with ladder there is no cursed semi-finals for him to play in!  Could this be our young players true calling?  Well let’s certainly hope not since it’s still a video game.  Never the less, Persuade is off to a very hot streak.  Is it sustainable throughout the entire season?  Who knows, but we’ll certainly have fun watching!

We hope that everyone is enjoying the FML Ladder, and that more great games continue to be played.  The entire idea is to create a more active community, so do your part and play!  A big round of applause for :Germany: :orc: FML|Pinballmap.  Without all of his work the ladder would not run nearly as smoothly as it does now.  Season 2 of the FML Ladder is tentatively slated to end at 23:59 EST on March 31st.  It’s always possible that this date will move though, so don’t pin us down on it.

Full rules can be found here
Hi

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: persuade
  • Race: Random
Re: Don't Worry Ladder, You aren't Forgotten
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 09:21:16 pm »
He’s probably best known for not being able to come through in the big matches

The hurt...

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 09:25:23 pm »
Awesome write up Mage!! Grats on the top 4! Keep it up!

Offline Pinballmap

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Replay Master
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Pinballmap
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 01:45:34 pm »
OMG DFM is 1st now, what a dramatic moment. And Persuade back to the third place.

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: persuade
  • Race: Random
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 02:15:26 pm »
OMG DFM is 1st now, what a dramatic moment. And Persuade back to the third place.

Once i fix my innet I'll BE BACK ON TOP