April 24, 2024, 08:12:41 pm

Author Topic: One Winner to Rule Them All!  (Read 3633 times)

Offline FML|Mage

• FML Bets Season 1 Winner
  • Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: practice_mage
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
One Winner to Rule Them All!
« on: December 11, 2012, 02:44:38 pm »
:FMLN:

Season 14 Finals

:Market_Square2:

Well, it’s safe to say that Season 14 has really flown by.  It’s been a season packed with great games played by great players, and the finals is shaping up to be a grand culmination of it all.  While there are certainly some great players that are left out from the finals, those that are in it certainly deserve to be there and have played their hearts out over the course of the season.  With two masterful random players and two of the best Undeads in FML facing off in the Season 14 finals I think it’s safe to say that expectations are high.  For those that haven’t been following that closely, a brief recap of how the players got here should explain where all the excitement is coming from.

:USA:  :ra::orc: Seksi
We’ll start off with our semi-final winner, Mr. Seksi/Surroundking/Fah-Q-.  Going into the semi-final, this random player was already seen as one of the strongest players in FML.  A co-winner of FML Ladder Season 1 in addition to a semi-final qualifier, there was probably one major knock on him.  He hadn’t won a season yet, let alone made a final.  Well, the latter part of the knock no longer applies and you can certainly bet that he’ll be trying his hardest to Wrecktify the first part as well.  While he didn’t directly qualify for the finals, he certainly was close.  With a win and two second place finishes, one of which he was first in points, he was just a little bit off managing to get directly into the finals.  Fortunately for him, he managed to pull off a convincing win in the semi-finals and will have his shot at the Season 14 finals!

:Finland:  :ra: DkH.Rain
Our resident solo pro has proved once again this season that he can do more than just micro.  Pulling off a 50% win rate during the regular season, he just barely managed to qualify directly for the finals.  But, you know what they say.  Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, and as such all that matters is that here he is.  Instead of playing his patented Undead race though, Rain has played impressively all season while using Random.  Whether or not he will choose a race in the finals, like Seksi did for the semi-finals, remains to be seen.  Will we have 3 Undeads?  Who knows.  Maybe he’ll even play :ne: this time around, after all he has two wins with them this season.  What is safe to say though is that Rain has completely earned his spot in this finals, easily silencing the critics that have said he was only a solo player.  Why anyone would say that after a couple of semi-final appearances in previous seasons is unknown, but this should put the nail in the coffin for that particular rumor. 

:USA: :ud: PLZLEAVEDUCK
A controversial player (not exactly a new thing for the FFA Masters League), the fiend master has proved yet again that he’s here to stay.  One of the most successful players during his short tenure, he continues to generate fans and critics in the same breath.  One thing that cannot be denied though is that he’s no stranger to big games.  He’s made the semi-finals several times and has even made a finals as well.  This time around though, he’ll have a long break for the winter holidays and actually be able to play (we hope)!  Adding such a volatile personality mixed with incredible 50 food micro always adds the possibility of a quick rush.  While Market Square isn’t a map that’s usually known for that, it’s certainly not unheard of either.  With two wins, and no fourth place finishes, all players will certainly be on their toes if they spawn next to the killer duck.

:Bulgaria: :ud: Magadansky
Probably the most notable of names in the finals, due mostly to his insistence that he never be left out of one, Maga is most likely the favorite to win the finals.  He’s looking to become the first three-peat FML winner ever, and is coming off of a Season 13 win.  He managed to finish first place after the end of the regular season with two wins and two second place finishes (one of which he finished first in points); he displayed his usual amazing 100 food army micro.  In addition though, he’s appeared to be displaying an unusual amount of manipulation during his games this season.  Something that appears to be throwing other players off.  Whether or not other players can adapt to this new style of play may prove to be a deciding factor during this match. 

Regardless of who ends up winning this match, we can hope that it will prove to be an entertaining match worthy of the players in it.  We here at FML would like to wish all the players in the match good luck!
Hi

Ugri2

Re: One Winner to Rule Them All!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 04:15:55 pm »
I think the 4 best reached the final this season, which is not usual. We have probably found the best format for fml.

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Peregrine
  • Coins: 168
  • Race: Random
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 05:10:37 pm »
isnt it strange to say winner of FML Ladder Season 1, when this is the 3rd or 4th FML ladder season?

i admit, i say this selfishly, because I won the 1st one. and a really good random player whose name i forget won the 2nd. dunno who won the 3rd cuz i was out that time

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 05:20:43 pm »
isnt it strange to say winner of FML Ladder Season 1, when this is the 3rd or 4th FML ladder season?

i admit, i say this selfishly, because I won the 1st one. and a really good random player whose name i forget won the 2nd. dunno who won the 3rd cuz i was out that time

I know TheThroneIsMine won one of them. I also vaguely recall Slythe saying he won a season too...

Offline FML|Mage

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 05:40:54 pm »

True, I can understand that. I just chose that because I'm not creative and I started at one to indicate a new beginning. If anyone can come up with a good name for the ladder I'm open to hearing it.
Hi

Offline humans7ar

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: humans7ar
  • Race: Human
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 10:19:45 pm »
lol rsm did won all seasons....

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 10:42:57 pm »
I think there are a few players who claim to have win a certain season (s2 I think?)

Offline FML|Mage

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 11:40:22 pm »

No idea what you're trying to say haha
Hi

Offline Pinballmap

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Replay Master
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Pinballmap
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2012, 11:54:16 am »

Hm?Nope he did not..

Offline Possumo

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 06:45:44 pm »

trying his hardest to Wrecktify the first part as well.  While he didn’t directly qualify for the finals, he certainly was close. 

Love it :)

Offline shiKaka

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2012, 03:24:37 am »
DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.