April 19, 2024, 10:59:18 am

Author Topic: M14 Results  (Read 1962 times)

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
M14 Results
« on: August 27, 2011, 02:09:17 pm »
M14
:Australia: :orc: VK5FRAF
:Sweden: :orc: bRain.Man_FML
:Germany: :ne: darkermirror
:Sweden: :orc: DkH.Starshaped

Download Replay

(click to show/hide)

Offline hejpådigStarshaped

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DkH.Starshaped
  • Race: Human
Re: M14 Results
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 03:04:19 pm »
I suppose I should defend myself, so here goes:

This VK5FRAF kid was flaming everyone from the moment he got on and was a general asshat the entire time. I'm surprised the admin didn't do anything, but whatever. I don't know if he was 'trolling' or anything like that, but it really doesn't matter.  He refused a host that was perfectly fine for everyone else and the admin made us play on some horrible American host (for some reason). He didn't want my clan mates to observe because of "cheating" and at this point I had lost any and all motivation to actually play the match. It just wasn't going to be fun anymore. Not to mention the fact that I gave up a Zotac for this match. So, the host starts without me being ready and so I got random and got Orc. 'Whatever', I thought as I struggled with the awful ping. 'I'll just suicide this guy and leave. This isn't worth my time.' I eventually disced (what a surprise) and I assume the rest of the game was just a 1v1 more or less.

I honestly expected more from FML and I don't think kids with rage issues who flame constantly should be allowed to play, but I also realize that my behaviour pissed a lot of people off. Obviously, anyone who saw my previous game knows I haven't done this before. While I do believe I was (somewhat) morally justified in my actions (though I probably should have just let myself be subbed instead), I understand if I am going to be banned from the league.

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 03:07:07 pm »
I have absolutly no intention of banning you whatsoever, suiciding is considered bad mannered, but is is being a "general asshat" ^^

And i always liked the ideal of fighting fire with fire

edit: that being said, the final word would be worpex's, but i doubt he would do anything
edit 2: lol i just read my own sig XD

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 03:20:11 pm »
I'm sorry you had a bad experience with this match Starshaped. I wish I was at the match so that none of this would have happened, but alas. I was not. We don't ban people for suiciding, as Renaud says, its considered bad manner, but thats about it. We don't even PP for it.

On that note however, I've suicided Elessar before for being a complete asshole. He has that effect on people. Seeing that I was not at the match, I am unable to give penalty points for bad manner, that is completely up to Ugrilainen. If he feels that the manner was bad, he will hand out PP to those players.

As far as the ping goes, we have a general rule that if the host isn't good, refuse to play on it. Leave the game before the game goes too far and request a new one. I believe this rule is in every league, and since i know you play in a lot of leagues Starshaped, you should have known this.

I don't know why the DkH player's weren't allowed to observer, so I can't comment on that. I haven't ever seen specific observers not being allowed to watch a game before in FML.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 03:27:39 pm by FML|WorpeX »

Ugrilainen

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 04:46:06 pm »
Starshaped you could have shown more maturity before the game started (the "I want team 1 war") so you were not 100% intelligent yourself.

Dkh players were allowed to obs.

Whenever you enter a league, read the rules of it : you could have left the game until 5 mn mark it would have been a remake. This is a rule you could have use to just leave at start and get your own race. You have no excuse on this point neither.

So yeah elessar is a bad mannered kid but a good player anyway. He uses to chitchat a lot, i dont read or care what is he saying at all.

So the real story is that :

1- you didnt got your race up at start for some reason
2- as you were pissed and most probably suck with orc, you decided to suicide elessar and then write a nice story on how you wanted to defend dkh pride against the guy.

If you actually knew the rule, you would have left and we would have remake with your own race. If host was "so bad", you could have required another one.

You just acted brainlessly out of anger and frustration and completely ruined the game. Note that elessar being suicided didnt even complain about it and never insulted you in game for this. So he proved he wasnt that bad. You otherwise didnt show much intelligence.

I honestly expected more from FML

Well frankly i expected more from you and i woke up just because of this game to be sure an admin would be present. Could have stayed in bed  :icon_rolleyes:

But that's no big deal :icon_exclaim:

« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 04:51:09 pm by Ugrilainen »

Offline hejpådigStarshaped

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DkH.Starshaped
  • Race: Human
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 05:02:55 pm »
Starshaped you could have shown more maturity before the game started (the "I want team 1 war") so you were not 100% intelligent yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessive%E2%80%93compulsive_disorder

Dkh players were allowed to obs.

Yes, but he made a big deal about it was my point.

Whenever you enter a league, read the rules of it : you could have left the game until 5 mn mark it would have been a remake. This is a rule you could have use to just leave at start and get your own race. You have no excuse on this point neither.

So yeah elessar is a bad mannered kid but a good player anyway. He uses to chitchat a lot, i dont read or care what is he saying at all.

So the real story is that :

1- you didnt got your race up at start for some reason
2- as you were pissed and most probably suck with orc, you decided to suicide elessar and then write a nice story on how you wanted to defend dkh pride against the guy.

If you actually knew the rule, you would have left and we would have remake with your own race. If host was "so bad", you could have required another one.

You just acted brainlessly out of anger and frustration and completely ruined the game. Note that elessar being suicided didnt even complain about it and never insulted you in game for this. So he proved he wasnt that bad. You otherwise didnt show much intelligence.

I honestly expected more from FML

Well frankly i expected more from you and i woke up just because of this game to be sure an admin would be present. Could have stayed in bed  :icon_rolleyes:

But that's no big deal :icon_exclaim:

I had already decided to just suicide and leave as the screen was loading; Otherwise I would have left for a myriad reasons (wasn't ready, hadn't picked race, awful host etc.).

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 05:10:31 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessive%E2%80%93compulsive_disorder

im cdo, it's like ocd, but the letter are in alphabetical orders! jk <3
But i did work for someone with it (doing interlock T_T do you know how many stone we had to remove and replace because they where not 100% perfect!!!!!!)

Offline y.zenchenko

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: y.zenchenko
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 02:31:52 am »
I believe there is a mistake with DkH.Starshaped having 3 games in Standings