May 01, 2024, 02:37:49 am

Author Topic: Season 14 Applications!  (Read 30765 times)

Offline Elessar

• Peon
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Elessar
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Orc
Re: Season 14 Applications!
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2012, 09:49:37 pm »
Let's get 14 going please, i would like to play some FFA!! bnet sucks for ffa ;(

Offline Redkeekee

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Redkeekee
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2012, 10:48:15 pm »
Lw you are exactly the type of player that makes a league fail. I can safely say it will not be that much of a loss, though you are skilled player in your own right. also season 14 will happen, I guarantee it.
Mage#1
:ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne:

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Slythe
  • Race: Random
« Reply #92 on: September 23, 2012, 06:45:55 am »
To make it official: If there should be a season 14 (which i hardly doubt) and Worpex will be still running it (which will be the case) i am taking back my application and wont play the next season. Under this head-admin you cant have a nice play. Majin was absolutely right to make a big bump suiciding lewis to show how ridicolous the league rules are. Time for a change guys, do it now or see how our lovely wc3 ffa is beeing missjudged by a guy that didnt put any effort into this league.

etc

first of all lw should thank worpex and all the admins, who created the structure for all the players ( i will thank everyone again, who put any effort, time, passion and money to keep the ffa scene and fml alive) . players cannot do their thing w/o admins and vice versa.

i do believe, that the admins can only provide the drawing board, the players has to fill it.

there were many adjustments made due to public request and plenty of guys took participation in trying and succeeding to make the league even better.

itīs nearly impossible to run such a ffa league alone, but someone has to make the decisions finally. i am sure the admins were communicating a lot more in the background and not just for everyone in the public via this site, etc.

so blaming worpex on the bit disappointing ending of the season is not correct. season 13 struggled due to various factors, such as inactivity ( many subs ), downtime of ffamasters.com ( not everyone recognized the new domain), downtime of ffareplays, sc2 and even more diablo 3, the bnet ladder reset helped a bit, although the new mappool took away some fun aswell and creates more hectic, non-sense, early action- suicidish games.

i personally think, that both duck and humanstar heading to the finals were the major issue, which lead to this outcome. humanstar start this season as a smurf and seemed pretty unstable in his motivation, scheduling and duck had only a timewindow of 7 days to play the final properly. some bad luck happened there, with ppl not showing in time, etc.

i do think, the sub match should have been played, because it should not been a surprise the final woulda run smoothly after all. ( i think u need to communicate ur (constructive ) critic in a appropiate way and not like lw just did. it sounded like the try of a desperated rebellion to dethrone some warlord in the streets of some criminal 4th world country... ) also lw opted against the execution of the subgame ultimateley, so ...

the league system was good again, i guess. since almost everyone woulda qualify for the playoffs, the games could been played more relaxed, but in reality it rareley materialized, i donīt know why.

i only could not understand that the first seeded guys would get a BYE through two tough matches ( in a short 4- game season) and even mappick in the final ( ok, this did not work out well 8D ). Of course with wreck and maga two guys took the spots, where almost everyone woulda agree that this would be somewhat deserved or fair...

i personally did not like it, that there was never tried to install a laddersystem again. it gives ppl to play w/o arranged gametimes ( could promote certain dates, where ppl randomly meet and decide to play together ), also itīs easier for guys to hop on the fml-train.

of course with the different timezones itīs a bit tougher and a overall lesser inactivity, but i also missed the will organize some cg ( ty pmage for the bot ) and ggc. basically only seksi and myself tried to get those game going, and maga constantly communicated, whenever he had time and was up for a game.

Lightweight!

« Reply #93 on: September 23, 2012, 08:36:23 am »
Nobody ever liked me and i never had any interest to make it the other way around. You guys clamp on this old hierarchy with Worpex like monkeys, because it is the easiest way to go on. Besides that many of you guys (including Ugri) are plain to create a change. I am like Christoph Columbos and you are the American Indians. You know what happened to the Indians in the end. Join my movement and you will get all the things you ever dreamed of. The only thing to save this league for you guys is to kick Worpex from his throne and let duck do the administration.

Ugri2

« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2012, 09:54:19 am »
S13 was sloppy because :
1- it was played in the summer. I am always against seasons in this time of the year. Players go on vacation, are moving out : scheduling goes to shit

2- *arrogance mode ON* : I was too fcking busy to take part of it (crazy working hours in the summer + 3 weeks vacations) and sorry but as easy at it may seems to schedule properly games, I do not think anyone managed to really do it efficiently.

Worpex has nothing to do with any kind of failure (did the season failed really?). As Slythe says, LW makes me think of a guy trying to pull a push in a 3rd world country to overthrow the king he doesnt like.

It is ridiculous since first of all, Duck or Lewis expressed no interest in being head admin. The duck's idea is certainly the most atrocious since he cannot organize his own games properly, and did not show to a final he confirmed the day before (with harsh words I would say). He has no time to play anymore, wtf do you think he has time to run a league? Silly, plain stupid.

Now that I am back on my feet I was willing to come back fully in fonction but I do not see a structure where I'd feel confortable without wpx and renaud. The new headadmin that you root for would need at least two admins with thim, who would those be? Do you have anyone to back you up beside throwing random names to fill up the duty?

As for the advertising of your own league, you may stop to do it here on the website of the league you despise. Asking for changes here is ok, but promoting another league is not something tolerable.

Ugri2

« Reply #95 on: September 23, 2012, 09:56:22 am »
PS : I liked you at the beginning, I even "fought for you" in the gold rush game you were vs rabbit and walking, destroying them with a naga. Then you showed your true personality with your taste to throw personal attacks at players and admins. You are fond of dramas.

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2012, 10:02:12 am »
Thanks for the post Slythe! That's actually a really great analysis on the league. The admin team actually does do a lot of discussion in the background and we try our very best to make things fair for everyone while still keeping the league fresh and interesting. There were a lot of external factors this season which didn't help the leagues activity at all.

I can't disagree with Lightweight though, I really did drop the ball this season compared to other seasons. My main job is to run the website and I failed big time. I really hope to get the domain back for S14 and now that Slacks is rolling again, we should be golden.

In the background, the admin team is discussing a lot of great changes for the upcoming season which we hope to spark the FFA interest once again! We tried many things which didn't work out well in S13 and we're taking what we learned and moving forward. Once we iron everything out and get the admins onto the same page, we will make a huge announcement. I think S14 is going to be the best season of FML yet and i'm excited to spill the details to everyone!

@Lightweight: I really hope you're able to get things rolling with your own league. Having a second FFA league can only benefit our community. If you need any help with the website, feel free to send me a message on MSN and i'll be glad to help.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 10:07:28 am by FML|WorpeX »

Offline Redkeekee

• Tauren
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2012, 12:07:28 pm »
Thanks for the post Slythe! That's actually a really great analysis on the league. The admin team actually does do a lot of discussion in the background and we try our very best to make things fair for everyone while still keeping the league fresh and interesting. There were a lot of external factors this season which didn't help the leagues activity at all.

I can't disagree with Lightweight though, I really did drop the ball this season compared to other seasons. My main job is to run the website and I failed big time. I really hope to get the domain back for S14 and now that Slacks is rolling again, we should be golden.

In the background, the admin team is discussing a lot of great changes for the upcoming season which we hope to spark the FFA interest once again! We tried many things which didn't work out well in S13 and we're taking what we learned and moving forward. Once we iron everything out and get the admins onto the same page, we will make a huge announcement. I think S14 is going to be the best season of FML yet and i'm excited to spill the details to everyone!

@Lightweight: I really hope you're able to get things rolling with your own league. Having a second FFA league can only benefit our community. If you need any help with the website, feel free to send me a message on MSN and i'll be glad to help.

Go Worpex, taking the high road!
WORPEX#1!  (Sorry Mage, he earned it)

Offline Redkeekee

• Tauren
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2012, 12:13:14 pm »
Besides that many of you guys (including Ugri) are plain to create a change.

lol, what?

Under this head-admin you cant have a nice play.

lol.

ridicolous

ROFL!

Offline Camp_and_Spank

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Camp_and_Spank
  • Race: Human
« Reply #99 on: September 23, 2012, 12:57:12 pm »
First off i didn't think that this season was that bad - just got a bit fucked up at the end(much due to lw imatureness)

Worpex does a great fucking job along with the rest of the admins, the major problems are as ugri pointed out that is hard to schedule during summer and that ppl join that don't care to show up.

If the damn players could ju show up and do their fking part no one would complain, but they put the admins in a shitty situation

Offline FML|Mog

• Global Moderator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Mog[skynet]
« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2012, 01:19:27 pm »

Worpex clearly #1. This is the attitude of a great head admin. Not everyone will always agree with you, but being able to admit mistakes and move forward with the community's best interests in mind is admirable. Also, being able to observe and evaluate things with a clear mind, and be willing to make necessary changes is a recipe for success.

SteppinRazor

« Reply #101 on: September 23, 2012, 02:35:08 pm »
Agree with mog 100% (and therefore worpex :D)

Fuck the haters, lets get S14 rollin!

Lightweight!

« Reply #102 on: September 23, 2012, 03:42:04 pm »
We shouldnt make overhasty decisions which we all may regret, i slept a night about what happened and if we let grass grow the wounds will heal and both sides will benefit from a peace pact.

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Slythe
  • Race: Random
« Reply #103 on: September 23, 2012, 04:35:49 pm »
@ lw : u really came up with some weird, crazy shit over the years and acted many times completeley out of line. but do u really think the internet and the guys there wonīt forget or forgive, when they see that someone keeps his composure over time ?  ( i remember how ur LeL-fake was busted and u were acting like u learned ur lesson, but itīs damn hard to stay cool with someone who DOES THE SAME SHIT AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN and the only difference is the period of time between the escapades )

i mean, u did not went nuts for quite some time. during season 13 u were mostly reserved and did not show behaviour disorder compared to the ffa-standard... or atleast i did not recognized it, neither on bnet or fml.

so i donīt understand why u are doing madcopters once again... coming up with some *pretending to be someone else*- stuff again ( i donīt know how old this fly[lone] thing is, repeatidly posting under different names ( e.g. chatbox ).

probably itīs really that u like the drama too much, think there is no bad publicity as long as the crowd are talking about you or that itīs easier to be the bad than the good guy...

Just calm down, enjoy the ffa-scene and it will be smooth for everyone after some time - or do urself and some others a favor and take a break.

Lightweight!

« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2012, 04:56:06 pm »
I know, my mind is weak. My strenght is to drag stones and count them. I was a bad guy and i hope one day worpex will forgive me. Also i am a bit sick in my mind, but i think you already noticed. I have ADHD please dont be angry on me i dont do this by purpose. Sometimes my evil side comes out and does crazy things. I couldnt controll the evil side for a day again.