April 28, 2024, 03:29:02 pm

Author Topic: East Semi Result  (Read 3190 times)

Wrecktify

East Semi Result
« on: August 23, 2012, 11:50:50 am »
East Semi

:USA: :ud: PLZLEAVEDUCK *map pick*
:USA: :ra: -> :orc: SurroundKing
:USA: :ra: -> :orc: Persuade
:USA: :orc: LouisArmstrong

Download

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 02:02:40 pm by FML|Pinballmap »

Lightweight!

Re: East Semi Result
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 12:56:32 pm »
I watched it without using spoiler on 8x speed. The first hour was enjoyable. The other 3 hours were massing chat and teaming persuade for no reason (he could not win this game this way). Seksi lost, because he missed to tp with his shadowhunter in his endfight vs duck. Louis should have known that he will not win with his heros when it comes down to a hero arena. Seksi could have managed with his dark ranger.

Unlikely the guy with the worst ffa skills won this game. He didn't win a single fight where he made units for. Maga will teach him well how to play undead in the finals.

Let the finals begin!  :icon_biggrin:
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 12:58:28 pm by Lightweight! »

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Slythe
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Random
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 01:45:59 pm »
i expected either seksi or persuade to win this.

nice fast wyrms by duck, first time i see him using some useful innovative ffa-useful stuff besides a towerrush.

woulda like it, when persuade went gruntapult for duck, once he discovered his strat.

cool thing about the beginning and whole game was , that there was no lame blademaster involved.

some nice control by persuade, he also had best items, overall pretty bad itemdrops otherwise.

all this talking-madness was just awful, it did not help the game in anyway, just kept them busy while basically doing nothing. it woulda been faster if they went to a
'drawing board', private 4 men chat... theorycrafting the game like* i go to creepcamp XY with my panda and 2 grunts, getting lightning shield and losing 300 hp of my panda´s health' , etc and then play it through the script, like a movie without any sensless chat.

dunno why seksi let louis alive, instead of just adding 2 demolishers.

last ~ 20 minutes before waiting and healing peon with unholyaura ! for a final assualt were ok.

overall kinda messed up game by seksi, surprised that duck won and louis held out that long...

Offline Pinballmap

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Replay Master
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Pinballmap
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 01:58:05 pm »
omg guys...4:36 game length ..fucking INSANE. Gonna watch it later with 8xspeed

btw Louis was orc not random
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 02:02:02 pm by FML|Pinballmap »

Offline ATiBright

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: ATi.Bright
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 02:09:15 pm »
Btw my theory at the end of the game when it was just me, iskes, and duck was to pillage all of persuades base, which I did, well pretending to help a player team another player (which I also did), and that they would kill each other down to hero arena in which case I still wouldn't be teamed because I had the lowest heros for hero arena and only 2 wyvern 1 doc 1 kodo at that point.  Then once one player was killed I would then spend all my money from pillaging and have 70 food vs 15 food.  Sadly iskes fucked up and lost hero which lead to duck still having a good number of bone dragons alive for when the real 1vs1 started.  Had it been 70 vs 15 woulda been my 2nd straight game to win with lowest score :(  It was well played by duck tho, and shitty it had to end how it did for iskes, and I'm sorry to persuade about the pause but its happened to all of us b4 and I rly had to pee :(

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: persuade
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 02:16:38 pm »
Btw my theory at the end of the game when it was just me, iskes, and duck was to pillage all of persuades base, which I did, well pretending to help a player team another player (which I also did), and that they would kill each other down to hero arena in which case I still wouldn't be teamed because I had the lowest heros for hero arena and only 2 wyvern 1 doc 1 kodo at that point.  Then once one player was killed I would then spend all my money from pillaging and have 70 food vs 15 food.  Sadly iskes fucked up and lost hero which lead to duck still having a good number of bone dragons alive for when the real 1vs1 started.  Had it been 70 vs 15 woulda been my 2nd straight game to win with lowest score :(  It was well played by duck tho, and shitty it had to end how it did for iskes, and I'm sorry to persuade about the pause but its happened to all of us b4 and I rly had to pee :(

No biggie, I probably could have only saved 1 hero anyways.  It was silly of me to comment about switching the 3v1 out in the open like that though.

Lightweight!

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 02:33:44 pm »
Such a game could never take place in ladder, people would never let you crossmap when you are surrounded neither let you take 2 mid expos like duck did. You guys balanced it well. Duck should have been punished for doing a ft in a surround without scouting before. I would have rushed him with a bm and 2 grunts. Especially seksi should have focused on duck earlier since he would have a massive advantage vs 2 orcs with a dark ranger. Always keep in mind who you want to fight in a 1vs1 at the end.

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 02:46:09 pm »
Duck clearly learned a lot of FFA sense this season. I was actually very disappointed that he played more like an experienced FFA player then a reckless solo'er. Who watches Duck games for strategic sense anyway? We want action!

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 02:55:40 pm »
Such a game could never take place in ladder, people would never let you crossmap when you are surrounded neither let you take 2 mid expos like duck did. You guys balanced it well. Duck should have been punished for doing a ft in a surround without scouting before. I would have rushed him with a bm and 2 grunts. Especially seksi should have focused on duck earlier since he would have a massive advantage vs 2 orcs with a dark ranger. Always keep in mind who you want to fight in a 1vs1 at the end.

i thought about hitting him with fs + grunts, and i thought about how if i didnt do enough damage i'd be in a terrible position.

the second i saw him tech I knew he was going fast dragons for mid, which is why i suggested he take mid and i take sides.

I did not expect seksi to get everyone to team me as much as they did.  People should know by now I never have gold.  Also DR is much stronger than DR in OvO...

Seksi manipped them good, he just lost too much fighting me.

Offline Redkeekee

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Redkeekee
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 04:08:04 pm »
I did not expect seksi to get everyone to team me as much as they did.  People should know by now I never have gold. 

They saw your Quarter and now know better!  Lieing sob!
:ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne:

:ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne: :ne:

Offline Persuade

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 04:22:40 pm »
I did not expect seksi to get everyone to team me as much as they did.  People should know by now I never have gold. 

They saw your Quarter and now know better!  Lieing sob!

I barely had any gold that game either

Offline ATiBright

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: ATi.Bright
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2012, 08:10:58 pm »
Well persuade it wasn't really 3 vs 1 for you.  The only damage I did to you was maybe 4 bats just so I could steal some XP.  I used about 20 bats on seksi while they were hitting you so I definitely wasn't teaming you was just getting some well needed XP.

Ugri2

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2012, 02:32:51 am »
Winning vs 3 orcs while being double surrounded I mean come on! :)

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: sEksi
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2012, 02:46:00 am »
I had to watch this one again.  This was a game I should've won.  I played well throughout but failed to strengthen or at least keep the advantage at different points.  Impatience was ultimately my downfall...

I had the advantage early and for most of the game despite losing chunks of army and gold here and there.  @Slythe: The reason why I did not finish or kill louis early was to prevent duck and persuade teaming me.  This plan worked out well as the attention was focused on Persuade instead of me even though I had the clear advantage (outside of hero levels).  At any point I could 1v1 anyone pretty easily if I needed too.  When I had the highest gold and attacking Persuade, I had a strong advantage still.

However, instead of making a strong army and attacking, or camping in my base, I chose to go out with relatively weak forces and kept losing bits here and there and slowly lowered my gold count. 

There were multiple instances throughout the game where I should've just continued to chill in my base and let the win come to me rather then go for it and press the action.  Even with these mistakes repeated I still had a golden shot to win at the end.  If only I saved a little bit more gold or had more patience.  The ultimate call was losing SH (w/ TP) when again I could of camped my base even though I was doing well before that... charming 4 wyrms etc.

@LW: The reason I did not pressure Duck at all earlier was because he was of no real threat.  Any undead has major problems versus a skilled orc player in FFA, especially with DR.  Pure wyrms or whatever didn't scare me, my main threat was Persuade with hero levels.  Now, with that being said, duck played his cards well and sat on gold for so long.  Both duck and louis had much greater patience then me this game and I was surprised to see duck pump as much as he did in the end.  He played it well. 

As slythe said, it was an overall messed up game by me.  Losing too much to Persuade and others when venturing out hurt me for sure, but even with that If I saved a little bit more gold or even just let the action come to me rather then seek it I would've had a big chance to win!

The others played well here.  Duck obviously held out for the perfect time and pulled the victory out of bleak circumstances.  Bright managed to create a winnable situation in the end and Persuade played well with what he had to deal with. 

I was predicted by someone to have a low chance of winning this game but I disagreed.  I'm back in strong WC3 shape now.  I haven't played as much FFA as i'd like, but my game, in my opinion, is in the same tier as the best FFA players. I'm looking forward to the next season and some more FFA games :D.  I hope we can get more active games daily for practice and for fun.

GL HF to the finals.  Wish I was there.  I will be rooting for Humans7ar!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 02:55:35 am by Seksi »

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2012, 03:18:25 am »
Do you guys know why the hidden gold card works so well for duck (he used it before; on market he once let his whole main die without using his hidden army/gold, to finally surprise everyone at the end)

Because he doesn't usually do it!

Best way to be left alone to hoard: be know as an aggressive player
Best way to suprise someone in a rush: be know as a hoarder
Best way for everyone to believe everything you say: never lie

So in order to really keep everyone  guessing, it's best to change play style after every game~