May 01, 2024, 06:49:30 am

Author Topic: EM9 and Majin  (Read 4723 times)

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Undead
Re: EM9 and Majin
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2012, 07:38:26 pm »
This isn't about him rushing. Rushing is perfectly acceptable. All players should be prepared at all times to stop a rush. If it works, great. Majin did it and it worked flawlessly. It even put himself into an amazing position to win the game.

But he didn't use his 100 food army of gargs/wyrms/destros to defend his heavily towered base and defeat htrts army of mass archers. Had he at least put some effort into defending himself, we wouldn't have given a shit. He clearly stated in chat that he he was going to just AFK (which he did) and didn't care about the points. All he wanted to do was piss off Bright and take a giant dump on the league.

Offline Q-veta

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Jewish.Banker
  • Race: Human
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2012, 03:56:23 am »
Perhaps he was inspired by Johny.Boy's semifinal in S11. Did anyone consider that?

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Slythe
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Random
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2012, 06:23:47 am »
from what i read and can imagine, i encourage the admins in their current point of view and taken actions.

to have a enjoyable league and game-experience it is essential that everyone is doing his best for a competitive game.

the distortion of competition happened is not acceptable and leads to a disappointment for everyone.

i experienced it several times that a few ppl are biased towards both ati.bright and majin, so it is not surprising that they obviously have not the best opinion of each other.

in the relatively small ffa scene  those animosities always played a role and will do in future. it creates some drama which can spice things up but also can spoil the fun big time.

especially in the official fml league games it is essentially that the players control their prejudices for the sake of fair chance for fun and competition in that already often unfair gametype.

otherwise we could also do the league like that: 30 days, 1 account, battle-net, see who has best ranking at the end of the timespan and having all the shitty things like maphackers, preteamers and guys who are ignorant, ruining games.

i get along with majin and bright and being disappointed that it turned out like that, but a basic common behaviour for a smooth league-process are not too high expectations towards every participating player, even considering the enigmatic personas the ffa-circuit posesses  :icon_wink:.

Offline shiKaka

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2012, 04:44:58 pm »
i think you guys (majin and bright) take this game way too seriously.

Offline ATiBright

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: ATi.Bright
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2012, 07:25:15 pm »
i think you guys (majin and bright) take this game way too seriously.

I believe everyone in their power should do whatever it takes within their mental capacity to win a FFA, especially when it comes to league play and FML has always stood by the standard that at least making an attempt to win is a requirement otherwise you can take your shit to battle.net.  I held no grudge against majin the moment the timer hit 0, its not my problem he let his childishness cloud his ability to play a serious game. 

I don't take warcraft 3 seriously or I'd practice it more however I take FML seriously otherwise I wouldn't play in it.  If you don't care about the league don't apply that's my stance. 

If you personally don't want to take FML seriously then do everyone a favor and don't even attempt to apply next season.  Thanks.

Btw in 1 of your previous posts you commented that you were in Clan Lone for years, which is odd considering I've never heard of you and I was in Lone for "years", what was your name?

Offline shiKaka

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2012, 07:46:46 pm »
im referring to you trying to get a player banned because you are butt hurt that he KO'ed you. and yeah ive never said i was in Lone ever. i remember Lone from years ago but was never in it. please point me to where i said that.

Offline ATiBright

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: ATi.Bright
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2012, 08:26:57 pm »
im referring to you trying to get a player banned because you are butt hurt that he KO'ed you. and yeah ive never said i was in Lone ever. i remember Lone from years ago but was never in it. please point me to where i said that.

Misread your post about lone, either way its beside the point.  Heres the thing, if majin did that same thing to anyone in the league it could have been against UnholyDreadlord (the person I openly dislike more then anyone else in the FFA community) and I still would have brought the game to the admin's attention and requested they consider punishment.

I had 0 problems with him 2 crypt ghoul rushing me, its a viable strategy.  I've rushed people out of games before I've been rushed out of games before absolutely it was annoying, but if you ACTUALLY FUCKING WATCHED THE REPLAY.  You would understand why he should have been banned, and why I wanted him banned.  He went AFK the moment he killed me lol.  I'm not the only person who thought this either.  I believe wreck said in obs chat to ban him, renaud after the game wanted him banned and worpex after viewing the replay wanted to ban him.  Along with steppinrazer and 90% of the other people who actually watched the replay.

If you haven't watched the replay then don't make another post in this thread simple as that.