April 29, 2024, 01:17:19 am

Author Topic: FML S12 GRAND FINALS!  (Read 5418 times)

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Undead
FML S12 GRAND FINALS!
« on: May 15, 2012, 07:07:20 pm »
 :FMLN:

FML Season 12 Final:
:Germany: :ra: Slythe
:Bulgaria: :ud: 3wd.SimO
:Canada: :ne: Renaud
:France: :ud: Ugrilainen
Map: Harvest of Sorrow
:Harvest2:

The twelfth season has come to its thrilling climax with only four players remaining in the league! It has been an incredible journey for these talented players, so lets go right into the player introduction!

:Germany: :ra: Slythe: Hailing from 3rd place in the west division, Slythe gained a grand total of two wins before dominating in the semi-final to pick-up his 3rd. To be here, he had to bully his way past two top night elf players and the 3rd person master himself, Kruppe. Slythe won this game with style by going random and picking the ugly Far Seer to do his bidding.

Only one other FML winner has won a championship as Random... and that's the grandmaster F-L-Y himself. Slythe would like to join him to become the second and write his own name down in the hall of fame!

:Bulgaria: :ud: 3wd.SimO: Some people say that FFA is all about luck. Others say that diplomacy influences luck the most and is the best tactic. The Undead king, Magadansky would say that its all about mechanics. Few players in FML have the micro ability that Magadansky does and that skill gets him some big wins. His biggest, is likely the Season 7 Trophey. It becomes very difficult to refute the strategy maga brings to the table when the man has won a championship already.

In this game, he hopes gain his second crown and join KoW3.Target and Wrecktify as the most winningest players of all time!

:Canada: :ne: Renaud: This darn player just can't keep himself OUT of the grand finals! Renaud is no stranger to high-stress games like this. In fact, he seems to do BETTER in such an environment. He has now won two semi-finals in a row. Before that, he became the unofficial winner of season 9. Such a long list of accomplishments seems to only be matched by the amount of times he has made it to the finals. He is one of the most experienced players in this match and has been itching for an FML win since he joined the league sometime around when dinosaurs roamed the earth.

Renaud also wants to claim this win the name of the Night Elves as none have ever done that before. Perhaps he will be the first!

:France: :ud: Ugrilainen: It's a good thing that ugri is no longer an FML admin! We have a rule here... if two admins match each other in a game, they must suicide each other. If 3 match, the forth person gets teamed out! Had ugri not left the staff, he and Renaud would be forced to suicide and make this the worst grand final of all time. Luckily, we are spared of such nonsense!

To be honest though, Ugri shouldn't really be here. He never applied for FML Season 12, instead, giving up his spot to allow another player to play. After week 2, that player quit and Ugri rejoined the league to miraculously pick up enough points to sit him at 8th place in the standings... however, only the top 7 advanced to the semi-finals... but when Nooblex dropped, the man who win the tie-breaker was Ugri himself. To top things off, he then proceeded to win his semi-final game by using a his multi-race fist to pound his enemies into dust.

So here he is, the man with the greatest story to tell about getting here, is here. Now just needs to put the cherry on the top and win the crown!

Good luck to all players!!!!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 04:34:53 pm by FML|Renaud »

Offline Kruppe

Re: FML S12 GRAND FINALS!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 07:27:16 pm »
What the fuck!

Kruppe wishes all those players to win, because they are his favorites!

Sly, who brought Kruppe to the league. A very, very good player whose ability to analyze games shows his unique skill the best.

Maga, who is Kruppe's undead idol since so many years. (one can't that see by Kruppe's play style, but Kruppe is world's biggest Maga fan (ask my girlfriend, like "what are you doing?" - "watching a maga replay!" - "ok, I join!"))

My friend Renaud, whose strategic abilities and intellect are sometimes overwhelming. A kind and very adorable player, Kruppe appreciates your work and play for FFA the utmost! Cheer!

My friend Ugrilainen, Kruppe is fire, Ugri is water but Kruppe thinks of you as a brother in mind. You have terrible games and then again you play flawless, unorthodox and clever.

The only flaw is: my good friend Sir Wrecktify is missing.

Happy,
Kruppe

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 08:26:30 pm »
Actually Slythe could be the first real random player to win the finals, F-L-Y picked orc!

kazupi

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 02:30:10 am »
Very nice description again, Worpex! I just hope Renaud won't pick :hu: again...? GL to all of you

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 07:31:11 am »
don't worry, I only picked :hu: because I wanted to creep the corners with 2 hawk, and try to do a straight tech like htrt!

Offline Pinballmap

• FML Contributor
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Replay Master
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Pinballmap
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2012, 11:06:58 am »
Gl to all finalists...im hoping that Slythe will win this! Would be great to have the first german fml champion :)

kazupi

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2012, 01:03:49 pm »
kk keeps my hope alive the next champion is gonna be a  :ne:  :icon_mrgreen:

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Slythe
  • Race: Random
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 01:50:44 pm »
nice coverage worpex ^^.

some things i want to add about the participating players.

Renaud is indeed very experienced ffa-player who picked up some pretty nice wins in high profile games. 2nd time in a row being in a final is a big thing.

he won the koffa tournament in a close final, in which maga played aswell.

i played a lot of games with him, when we played the fml ladder system and also some during s10-12 time.

it seems he wonīt go into renaud-rage mode when he is getting creepjacked or attacked what often emboss his games ^^.

Maga is probably with most experienced fml player, with 1 championship / 1 final and 1 semi. We played a lot of games together over the past years, which i often enjoyed, even though i came up short many times. Unfortunateley this has changed in the past months. The last, maybe 6-7 games, were not good ones from my pov.
Especially the r6 s11 game where we both needed a win to have a shot at the semis ended disappointing for both of us. But for me it sucked much more how he handled that game and i am really not ok how he reacted to it at the gamethread on ffareplays, where he accused me of not playing for the win / only making him lose, which both was not the case. ( i wish he woulda talk directly to me via ggc/in bnet , but okay, now i am reversing this )

After that, our following games and outside game communication was bad, atleast from what i felt.

I was wondering how he played in the end int he t1 units/2 hero only fungame on silverpine, which was btw a final 3-way between renaud, him and me  :icon_wink:.

Also he had nice spawn/-itemluck in the our last games and ppl where doing him favors, which i did not like, but thatīs  a thing i was caring about  because of foregoing stuff, i guess.

Ugri was not active when i start playing fml and i just heard through others about him and that he is an oldschool fmlplayer/admin.

We played a couple of times in bnet and cg/fml as far as i remember. He always was a threat with very good decisionmaking and i lost atleast 50% of those games.

Especially two games are in my memory when he was ud, using garg/eco hit and run vs my elf. One time i got outplayed and the other time i won narrowly close.

He is nowadays very busy but knows how to kick ass in ffa where u donīt need (much) practice to succeed. Thanks to his 2n2ing together with RENAUD his micro is much better than he wants us to believe :icon_wink: .

So, about me. i hope my experience from ladderseason 2 where i was playing in the final aswell and the semifinal s10 can help me to make the right decisions in that upcoming final, which has some nice surrounding stories, which can either make it a nice or a bad game, letīs find it out at the weekend :icon_cool:.

Magadansky

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2012, 03:31:27 pm »
I dont hold grudges to you, slythe, just you went to suicide mode in the mentioned game which annoyed me highly since you were the one trying to rush me and then going mad that you lost badly the deciding battle. I havent talk about it with you since I dont know your aka in bnet at all, not because I do it on purpose and its not like I like to discuss something thats already in the past but it seems you are still not over it. I dont really like your comment at all, especially with "doing favours". After all, not in my semi someone was let to hoard 30k and then not teamed at all.

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Slythe
  • Race: Random
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2012, 04:09:32 pm »
I dont hold grudges to you, slythe, just you went to suicide mode in the mentioned game which annoyed me highly since you were the one trying to rush me and then going mad that you lost badly the deciding battle. I havent talk about it with you since I dont know your aka in bnet at all, not because I do it on purpose and its not like I like to discuss something thats already in the past but it seems you are still not over it. I dont really like your comment at all, especially with "doing favours". After all, not in my semi someone was let to hoard 30k and then not teamed at all.

i was not referring to any semifinal game, i was referring to games we had together.

and hell no, i was not going in suicide mode in that game. i was going in 'survival mode and make that guy, who hunts me into regretting and stopping it, aswell as getting time for others to hit him '. U never stopped chasing me or asking me to stop.

Btw, I was hitting q-veta aswell . And if u remember or even watch the replay, close to the point where my last builds got destroyed i came with bm and small army of air into your base to help you vs johny, after u said johny woulda attack u at ur base. But he already left and since u woulda attack me anyways, i was like ' w/e , i kill 1-2 gargs before i go obsing, since u would have attacked and killed my stuff there, anyways. ( u probably interpreted it,  that i smash my last stuff into you for trying to make you lose, which was not the case )

If i would not win, i was rooting for you in that game ( check obschat after i join them ) over either q-veta or johny getting the win, but i wonīt
just hand it to you on a silvertablet, e.g. feeding you and then leaving ( which woulda result in a instant teaming against you, anyways ).

oh and u complain about bm-harras and suicide, but u never thanked me for feeding you 2 heroes and 60 supply units in one single fight.

Also , again at that point it was a 4-way, how can you suicide someone in a 4-way, seriously.
Suicide happens in 3-ways.

Magadansky

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2012, 04:47:46 pm »
You try way too hard to prove something different than the situation which was evident for everybody else, not only me. Anyway, just move on.

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2012, 04:53:49 pm »
Oh good, some drama to make the finals even better! *grabs popcorn*

Lightweight!

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2012, 06:06:31 pm »
Actually i remember that game pretty well sly, and your chances to win were close to 0, but you were hitting maga for killing you, although he has been teamed by 2 people already (johny.boy and Q?). So you pretty much destroyed his chances for the final, because he kinda finished you off. There was really no way maga could have won this game, no matter how he played.

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2012, 06:48:20 pm »
the plot thickens

Ugri2

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2012, 07:40:40 pm »
I am usually a maga groupie so I remember it. It was indeed a suicide.

When maga/Slythe won their semi I was happy since I was cheering for them in both their matches. I have no hope of winning mine.

Now I have mixed feeling since I've beaten maga only once (the famous 4 destros ending which is the closest ending ever ever in a ffa game) and Slythe I dont recall beating him ever. It's true I dont play much.

I was even rooting for persuade in his semi, for not having to fight my big buddy Renaud who is the best guy ever I met online  :icon_mrgreen:

Guys... I dont want to hurt you... just let me hoard.