April 28, 2024, 12:06:04 am

Author Topic: What games and events do u remember from previous seasons 10-12 ?  (Read 1293 times)

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Slythe
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Random
The good games, the bad games , games by urself .
Random positive or negative events, moments etc.

s10 :

my games:

r1: i do well at first with ud vs elf against rain, see him having like 7 expands, constantly rebuilding, getting frustated and playing bad 2nd half of the after i had a very strong first. Since pbm and a human ( forgot name) kinda suiciding each other i get 2nd, although leaving the game as first ^^.

r2 : i am rushing  out madzoo with human/mass hakws vs his dr-less elf, afterwards 3-way vs a human which name i forgot and lovetrance where i am playing well, except 5 mins where i am losing 3 heroes. Since i have the gold to tavern them, i am ending up winning.

r3: marketsquare, surrounded between htrt and humanstar ^^. i expo fast with ud, also crossmap, creepjack htrt and snipe his lvl 2 mk, but then cannot defend vs his follow-up massive gryphattack after he gained good levels with a nice creepingroute.
i am basically out at the point, but can rebuild a litle crossmap meanwhile humanstar and htrt are fighting after humanstar tried to take out elessar, who decides to play 1vs1 in the end against htrt with less gold and herolevels, sigh, instead of helping humanstar or me. to my surprise he wins a big fight against htrt with his pitlord-orc combo, but as expected loses afterwards , clearly.

r4 : game filled with ppl who need a win to make it to the semis: kruppe dl/ghoul rushes renaud early and can eliminate him, meanwhile i have some problems with my ud against sparkles well leveled and stacked pal/mk/pb combo . i am making some good decisions in the 3-way and can finally win with higher herolvls vs kruppes gold.

semfinal:

i can take out rain with my hu vs his orc, although i am losing too much in the process. during that time humanstar pushes brainman hard and is basically able to finish him, but decides to peace and hoard. once the 3 -way starts i battle humanstar in fights where he does better than me. after brainman hoarded enough and got some herolvls it is some funny 3-way for a while until i get teamed over extent, while humanstar sitting on much gold, playing dead. brainman and i finally make each other lose and humanstar proceeds to the finals.

s10 final:

dase being surrounded, having bad creeping in begin and falling to htrts early push :(. humanstar can avoid feeding maga, doing well. maga struggles having bad herolvls compared to others. decent battles between humanstar and htrt, pretty close ending with that awesome moment, where humanstar has the chance to win with just a critter and some gold left- he buys sappers to destroy htrt last building, but it does not work in the end. a worthy final overall with a thrilling, pretty cool ending.

i liked the twilight-game where darkermirror played well and coming up short in a pretty close game, cannot remember much more though.

the ud vs ud battles in the semifinal between magadansky and darkness displayed some of the finest micro and exciting fights in the season. especially the one at the middle top goldmine was awesome.

season 11

i played in my games overall just partly well, with losing focus at some critical moments, changing to ' have fun and see what happens '- style .
my funniest game was maybe round one where i played pretty drunk, using a funny but working orc combo with tinker/tc/pitlord.
r4 game i played pretty well , also thanks due to being able to creep much, getting decent items and hoarding for a while for defeating sparkle and practicemage ( i think ) after a longer 1vs2 against me.

pretty well played and close game by darker on deadlock ( r2 or r3 ). maybe one of the best game endings whole season.

q-veta showed some pretty strong games with the am/bm/pal combo. rushing out yz twice i liked a lot, too !

i also liked the renaud-q-veta 1vs1 on goldrush, although it hurt my eyes to see renaud losing the way he did ( so i did not like the last 10-15 mins of it, but before that for a close spawn 1vs1 it was very nice ).

starshaped´s win in the semis on goldrush was a very good performance. he showed good patience, nice decisionsmaking and good micro. also he surprised me big time with that :).

a lot of trolling/forumspamming with mostly useless or annoying stuff/matters begun, mostly created by ebo/eshan/rsm . Two of them got rightfully banned for crossing lines repeatidly in the process.
ebo played effective after a bad start in s11, becoming a favourite-eating battle-monster in s12 with working tactics, also trolling a lot less and sharing more valuable matters with the community.

the season ended in a epicly long final with a deserved winner in l77, who played very strong in the regular season ( 4 or 5 wins ! ). Ofc he had some luck with getting the chance of coming back in two of his games, having best spawn in final and being able to hoard a lot.
Still, w/o his unquestionable good ffa skills he rightfully took the finalwin.
A pity, that  he had a bad run in ffa-games and also in fml after s11, which made him quitting the league.

s12 :

a new format, created by hall of fame-admin ugrilainen, burst into fml, creating good battles and overall easier scheduling.

lateley lacking activity of europpean players, we had much games with subs, which did not lead to worse games and is a thing that also comes with a normal player-fluctation, especially with a bigger grid.

we saw some good games already, with strong performances by seasoned and new players, some very long but nontheless entertaining games like r2 game on crucible, which ebo won or r3 game on deadlock, which wrecktify won.

my games :

r1: i had to overcome early game difficulties, to succeed finally with stacked , high leveled heroes and a focused play.

r2: lost my heroes too carelessly and was not able to pull some surprsing stuff in a elf mirror, i originally planned.

r3: sudden 3-way due to a disc, lead to a game where i was 100 for too long, making some bad decisions ( after seeing what the reactions were ), leaving early- which made up for a good final 1vs1 between rain and ghost.

we had some very easily won games, due to a bigger ffa-experience gap between players, so far. hoping for closer, better games for the next round and playoffs, although we already had a few ( as i mentioned ).

thanks again, especially to all the dedicated admins who are making this possible and the players for the games.

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Ebo
  • Race: Orc
Re: What games and events do u remember from previous seasons 10-12 ?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 09:58:37 am »
S10: Jonhny/Murrock/Darkness/Maga
S10: Final
S11: Purple skies! Forcing Rabbit the egomaniac to ragequit.
S11: Me laughing at Darkness getting rushed/suicided by SS, then getting suicided by him twice. Karma yo.
S11: Semifinal was much better than final. DK Lich MK!
S12: Long-ass 4-way patiencefest on Crucible.

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 10:44:08 am »
S10: htrt showing that hes the best FFA player ever. Love that he cared more about making the games awesome to watch as observers/replay's then about actually winning. He missed some great opportunities in almost every game he played to take the win, instead opting for making the game interesting instead. I remember this the most about S10.

I also remember the format being awesome and working great! Perfect number of rounds.

S11: I only remember me wanting to kill myself most of the time cause the season was so long and boring. Final was awful. Semi's were good though. hmm.... yeah, this season was a blur, thats all I got.

S12: Crypt Lord winning a mass undead game. Night Elf finally being good. Sub's playing for the win and actually winning! Banning people for silly reasons, a few hacking disputes, cool new format but troubled with too many games and players.

Lightweight!

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 11:06:27 am »
The most inculcating event for me was the season 10 final. All players played great except DasElend whos destiny was to be surrounded and supposed to lose. I think he should get another final to get the chance for catching the crown. Domination changed in this game between humanstar maga and htrt, so did the teaming. Until the end each of the 3 players had the chance of winning and i think if humanstar would have said sth like damn thats it kill my buildings and bought his goblin-team on the north goblin lab he could have won by pretending dead. But his sappers got discovered and htrt won with one farm. Say what you want but this was the best final ever. The first fml-finals were awfull to watch, because they were filled of mistakes and nowadays i shake my head about their playing.

Best Final Ever: Season 10!!!!  :icon_wink:

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Ebo
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2012, 11:19:10 am »
I agree, S10 was excellent all around, rest of the finals were mostly bad and filled with noobs who wouldn't get more than a single win in S10/11/12