April 27, 2024, 01:02:09 pm

Author Topic: Searching for info on my brother LordFergo  (Read 4255 times)

Offline LittleFergo

Searching for info on my brother LordFergo
« on: September 12, 2019, 07:42:16 pm »
Hi Warcraft world, I need your help! It needs a bit of a longer introduction, but I promise it’s warcraft related. November this year is 15 years since my older brother suicided at 20 years old, in 2004. My brother was an avid Warcraft gamer for a number of years, bearing the username LordFergo. He spent a lot of his last few years of his life (in the early 2000's) in his room playing Warcraft. We would laugh when he would tease us at family dinnertime, saying that people online hailed his playing abilities and even studied how he played. We just thought he was joking. After his death, my sister looked through the forums he was active on. From what we could gather at that time, LordFergo was once ranked the world's #1 human player (whatever that means??). Someone even made an award named after him.

The thing that always put the biggest smile on my brother's face was when he would talk about his interactions with the international Warcraft gamers. From what I can find on google, LordFergo wrote manuals for other players, and was greatly appreciated by many worldwide for his style of playing. I actually read out some of the condolences from the Warcraft community at his funeral.

I was 14 when he died, and I feel like I missed out on getting to know my brother. So this is why I am reaching out here - in the last years before he suicided, he spent a lot of time with the Warcraft online community.

I am looking to connect with people who once played with LordFergo, talked with LordFergo, or have even just heard of LordFergo but never interacted with him. I would love to even hear from people who simply know his playing style and what he was famous for at the time. ANY recordings, chats, brief memories, etc, with or about LordFergo would really help me to learn more about him and his love of Warcraft and its online community!

FYI I know nothing about gaming, so thank you in advance for your support and advice!

- LordFergo's little sister.

Offline zTsoso

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: zTsoso
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Random
Re: Searching for info on my brother LordFergo
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 10:59:16 am »
What a touching story. Sorry to say I don't know anyone by the name LordFergo. Hope you will find what you seek and get closure.

Offline rygorych

• Super-Blademaster
  • Pro Troll
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Ebo
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 02:39:56 am »
I rememeber LordFergo - we played many times against each other back when I was a kid

He was the absolute best HU player at the time and one of the most memorable WC3 players of all time to me

You search around for PlanktonBoy - he was somewhat of LordFergo's student and probably closest to him in WC3 FFA community. Unfortunately I have had no contact with him ever since around 2005-2006.

Offline gartoll

• Peon
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: gartoll#2127
  • Race: Random
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2022, 09:04:53 am »
Pls read this post. It might be useful. It was made from someone that knew him. There is an e-mail adress somewhere. Sorry for late response.

http://ffamasters.net/index.php?topic=3447.0