April 20, 2024, 07:38:13 am

Author Topic: Dropping The Banhammer.  (Read 28365 times)

Ugrilainen

Re: Dropping The Banhammer.
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2011, 11:37:51 am »
Yes it is funny that I was actually the one protecting most of these suckers, and I was always the one to be blamed and insulted by them.

Offline hydro

• Shaman
  • Never give me your phone number!
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: UnholydreadlorD
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2011, 11:55:11 am »
I think at best, eshan was being a moronic fucking idiot

Magadansky

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2011, 12:01:22 pm »
I start to believe that this can be stopped only by banning PM although I am not against it and I use pm occasionally. The shit with the teaming went too far.

Offline w8man

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2011, 12:19:41 pm »
"I did the PM thing to try to see if people would preteam - only walking agreed, but i didnt trust him anyway because he admitted to messaging with ebo also"
- its so fucking looooooooooooooooooooooooooool =))))))

Offline FML|Renaud

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • ex King of FFA
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: FML_Renaud
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2011, 12:23:15 pm »
Yes, I agree, my game with Q was horrible, and I regret it.
The only slight diffrence, is that we din't message each others days before game.

And I think you might be right, we should probably ban pm...

Offline Kruppe

« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2011, 12:38:09 pm »
Honestly - Kruppe does not understand that at all.

But there is a solution to this:

Ban PM from the league.

This way you can easily see who is preteaming and who is not.

If only open chat is allowed, teaming must be discussed there - else there must have been other talking which is clearly PRETEAMING.

Kruppe very much enjoyed playing FFA in this league but some of these things can't go on.

Kruppe feels disgusted and angry about it. Kruppe doesn't know if Eshan's move was clever at all but as it seems he clearly made admins aware of his plan.

All in all we have other issues to solve also.

Wrecktify

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2011, 12:39:04 pm »
Yes, I agree, my game with Q was horrible, and I regret it.
The only slight diffrence, is that we din't message each others days before game.

And I think you might be right, we should probably ban pm...

Agreed.  Worp was wrong in saying it would be too difficult to enforce -- having everyone submit their replays post game at risk of forfeiture is easy enough. 

Manip makes FFA interesting and differentiates it from all other playstyles.  PM does not.  PM has turned half of the games this season into 4 hour matches where its just a rotating team fest of crap. 

Ugrilainen

« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2011, 12:43:23 pm »
actually we just need 3 players to send their replay to see all pm ;)

Offline Kruppe

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2011, 12:47:25 pm »

If you need help with anything, Kruppe can assist you in the next weeks. Just give him a PM (funny, eh?).

Ugrilainen

« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2011, 12:52:11 pm »

If you need help with anything, Kruppe can assist you in the next weeks. Just give him a PM (funny, eh?).

Thks Kruppe but i dont need anything, I dismissed from any admin position in this league.

rsm

« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2011, 01:23:21 pm »
I would like to point out that I suggested banning PM a bit ago, these 3rd world countries like Romania man, leaguing for a few years vs Russians teaches you about different cultures...

IF YOU ARE READING THIS SOMETIME WITHIN ME POSTING SEARCH FFA ON AZEROTH, THANKS. (I think I am matching players in the 40 ell range atm?)

Offline Q-veta

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Jewish.Banker
  • Race: Human
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2011, 01:29:07 pm »
I'd like to point out that this has been my best FML season so far. Now I stopped playing in 2008 and when I came back a few months ago I just did what worked in 2006-2008 and applied it to today's highly skilled at scouting and decision making group. It turns out it's working better than ever so either I have gotten a lot smarter or the two predominant styles of play (letting one player steamroll the others or a 3-way carousel of teaming) aren't very smart things if what I'm doing is working so well.

Now as for the preteaming part this has always happened. The Bobas/Lost game where they took me out, the S5 FML final, the game where Audigy suicided me giving another Lone player the win, that game with LeL (I don't remember what happened) and a bunch of others. It's just that you guys turned a blind eye to it. I complained a little but hey this stuff happens sometimes so I let it go (mostly). This season however two people who have not mastered the very advanced ability called "scouting" decided to be louder than I ever was and call preteaming in two of my games (but not the other two which also had lots of teaming and private chatting). Is it my fault that Eshan didn't scout? Why didn't Humans7ar complain? Why didn't duck do anything about Rain's hoarding or scout before hitting me? But of course these things are all my fault, just like Eshan trying to preteam is my fault (even if it was a joke the admins specifically requested that you don't make such jokes). So you can crucify me for the sins of my fellow FFA players because what I'm doing is obviously so evil and obviously can't be stopped.

As for banning PM I don't like it but it's Worpex's league he can do whatever he wants.

About ugri's "let's go back to the basics" post in the other thread: these are the basics. Check who won Season 1 and what kind of tactics he used.

My biggest question is why am I, a guy who hasn't played in 3 years doing so well? Sure I'm 2-2 but those two losses were pretty close and I never had such a good season. Maybe you should reevaluate the way you're playing (except duck of course because he's too stupid to do anything properly).
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 01:32:33 pm by Q-veta »

Offline DarKNeSSCaLLs

• Blademaster
  • The Imbalanced one
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DarKNeSSCaLLsMe
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2011, 01:40:00 pm »
Just to update - admins are still in discussion regarding this situation and whether an unban will occur, along with what penalities will happen due to the forum PMs sent by Eshan (and subsequently Walking accepting it), even though it may look like that preteam did not actually occur in the game. So when I come home tonight from a long, fun day of work, hopefully we can fully update you guys on what we decide.

As far as no PM goes, it would solve lots of problems, but I suspect that many people won't like it.

Offline Walking.TrL

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Walking.TrL
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2011, 02:05:41 pm »
If the decision is to ban/penalize me for the earlier PM's alone (me joking an agreeing to preteam), so be it.

But I havn't heard anyone point out anywhere in the game that we showed where we had a predetermined alliance and was out to kill everyone until it was just us 2.

Once against I will repeat: I tried to kill and team eshan out of the game.  This differs from my game with my brother, differes from Q/renaud game, from Rain/q game. I fought him in a 100 food battle and was trying to get him teamed out of the game.

This fact alone is why I am completely lost why I would be banned/penalized. And if you look, the only reason I ever started to team with Eshan (and go for Star) is because Star no longer wanted to team with me.

And, like I said, I tried to get you to end it as fast as possible but you both just ignored me (and remember, I suggested this at the very start of the saved game). That's what I call teaming from the start and your reasons for doing it don't hold up to scrutiny.

You did not try to get it to end as fast as possible.  You suggest we all get 100 food armies and fight in the middle and whoever wins that, wins and the other two leave.  Are the other two actually going to leave? Were you going to leave? What if I was only one who left and got "screwed" out of the deal?

Now why were you the one who got teamed to death and not me or Eshan? Well very simply, he asked first.  I was trying to get you to team with me and kill Eshan in the other game but you stopped talking to me, and thats why in the first game we were teaming you because you stopped talking to me.  Not because eshan started, because you stopped.  Now I didn't want to have to replay 40 minutes of gametime, so once the rehost started I had two things happen.  You harassed me and Eshan asked to team you.  So thats what happened.  If you started the rehost asking em to team Eshan, I would've said yes. Even if you take out the fact that I had to leave in a certain amount of time, I did not want to sit around and do nothing for another 2 hours in a 3way.  Whoever asked first was going to be the one who teamed with me, but instead you harassed me.  Not my fault.

And I didn't want to replay it right there.  I said I wanted to reschedule the rehost.  But Eshan complained so I decided we will rehost and I will quickly try to kill the other two, and thats what I tried to do.  In a three way the quickest way to kill someone out of the game is that.

Magadansky

« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2011, 02:35:30 pm »

As far as no PM goes, it would solve lots of problems, but I suspect that many people won't like it.
I am sure a lot of people will like it, especially after so much shit in the recent games.