March 28, 2024, 08:21:56 am

Author Topic: FML Season 29 | Semi-Final  (Read 14242 times)

Offline FML|HighTac

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: HighTac
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
FML Season 29 | Semi-Final
« on: February 20, 2019, 05:04:18 pm »

We reached the playoff and will witness four worthy players in the semi-final. Shave entered the top 7 last second, with his round 4 victory tonight. Junker will pick the map.

:Sweden: :ra: junkerzam
:Russia: :ra: reinforceement-
:USA: :ra: Eshan
:France: :ra: SosoHasRedHair

Post your predictions!

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Race: Human
Re: FML Season 29 | Semi-Final
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 06:02:51 pm »
:Sweden: :ra: junkerzam
:Russia: :ra: reinforceement-
:USA: :ra: Eshan
:France: :ra: SosoHasRedHair

Interesting cast: Trash Metal vs Mikoyan Gurevich vs a rat from NY sewage and vs a Kebab.

Given how the kebab played in round 1, round 3 and round 4, just sittig and hoarding on his favorite MS map and TL, I wouldnt expect anything different from him. Now, the Russian Airforce did the same in round 4, but I haven't watched his other games so Idk if it's a pattern; nevertheless, I've briefly seen his tinker alchem usage as elf and it seemed strong to take on any top player. As for junkerzam, his style has remained intact over the years and I expect a good performance from him. If he goes random and gets human his odds will dramatically increase! Since he gets to pick the map I think he will most likely pick a standard FFA map like Twight Light or Silverpine. I don't think MS is a good idea since it favors orcs (and unds?) greatly, so perhaps a perfectly substitute map could be Equalrium. Finally, shitshan will probably go random as a way to undermine himself and do his usual crap: chat, manip and lie on and on. Since his life revolves around this game so much, if he loses this match he may end up jumping off the Brooklyn bridge, thus making FML a more peaceful place.

My final take is that if Eshan makes it into the three way then he will most likely win, so taking him out like in round 1 or round 4 is the best way to secure a spot in the finals. If the latter happens then it could go either way, but I think the winner will be either retarded voice Kebab or In Flames Junkerzam.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 12:31:38 am by ZsSuperCumulo »

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Slythe
  • Race: Random
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 04:11:58 pm »
Season slowly coming to a conclusion and damn, some surprises there aswell as some expected stuff.
The three most tryhard ppl (besides maybe 2-3 others) and competetive nerds in Cumulo, Liltic and Eshan made it again to final or semi, meanwhile there were a big bunch of "go with the flow & mood“  players.

Cannot say too much about the entertainment factor of games, since i watched 2 streams and obsed 2 games only.
I feel like the new pts system made the race tot he semis & finals pretty close that it´s inevitable to make atleast 2 or even 3 semifinals to make it more fair. Also it would grant more playoff and higher tension games, which usually makes for more fun and drama.
To the semis:

Junkerzam seemed like a possessed crazy cat, trying kinda hard, doing his Bonkerzam stuff. Using his new/ fetta bromance account appleofagonay (long live the alliteration) brought him luck (let´s forget about that unfortunate disc, can be happy he did not get preteamed in 50% of his games like eshanna).  Fetta somehow will also be in that game due tot he strong scandinavian-4-month- of- darkness spirit link, that also helped him to get the necessary level to advance in R4 and bring the swedish assnaked-alpha-apathy  to the light to everyones delight - once again.

Reinforcement plays quite consistently and saved last seasons finals after the withdrawal from his fellow russian. I just saw the infamous first round game by him where he went tunnel vision early vs shave for the cancellation of his early first expand. He uses now some tinker, panda, alchi combo or whatever, to me he is still undead… we´ll see with what he comes up. And hopefully, once he makes it tot he finals, admins will write his name correctly on ffamasters….

Eshan will be crawling about a hideous strategy to puppet and manip the other guys already and digging deep in his memories which player could be biased towards another, holding grudges or having certain tendencies and  for that eshan will be getting help by cambridge analytics for some detailed big data research. He has by far the worst micro of all these players and that´s why he probably gets ignored, but of course he will be paranoid about getting analed early, so he will build asap 80 food and chat for his utter life.

Shave did not distract himself by chatting nearly nonstop crap in discord with simply leaving it – weak move. But he raised to be an unstoppable force with the help of some cheesy alchi/mk/pal mass air strat, he better plays something not so imba or i foresee him being preteamed out after 15 mins, sadly.
Or maybe using the name of his big idol Yane redesigned the structure of his braincells and let him become the real Gosu, SuperSaiyajin Level Ultimate Number. That first round fluke in the matrix started the whole process and created the outburst of genetic freakiness.

I´d wish Reinforcement will win this cuz he seems the most relaxed, cool guy, but both Junkerzam and Eshan with their experience in tricky games have a slight edge imo, leaving shave as a small underdog. But overall that game seems to be wide open to be won by any of these players.

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Peregrine
  • Coins: 168
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2019, 02:46:06 am »
slythe best predictor this season

very funny

very accurate

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Peregrine
  • Coins: 168
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 03:49:17 pm »
Not really a prediction:

Everyone in this game is really good and all worthy of finals, each have some strong skills and i’ve seen each of them dominate in the past. Some said i don’t have the micro to compete but i hope to prove them wrong. Should be a hard fought semis with lots of intensity. Hopefully its a clean action packed game with scouting and balancing and no dirty play. Unlike some previous semis where the cast was unbalanced, or i hated some players, this seems like a great lineup and im happy to live with winning or losing

Offline rbr.Godfather

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 07:23:36 am »
Well after the guys will team up Eshan 3v1 and kill him first. I guess we gonna have really balanced 3-way with really good skilled players. If Eshan makes to 3-way somehow they must 2v1 him to death and after that we gonna have high skilled 1v1.
I think Shave or Cement will win this.

This is Eshan - the guy who dies every 15min.

Offline IWANTWC4

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DONALD-TRUMP
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 11:08:15 am »
I honestly feel all players truly have a 25% chance to win.  Whereas in the past we knew some guys had no chance.  All 4 are capable of winning.

Eshan: pretty good with all 4 races, has decent micro.  Best rat/manip style play and would sacrifice his own mother to win fml.  The longer the game goes typically the better his chances.

Junkerzam: one of the most respectable FML players.  Is a true random player with lots of skill.  Certain people pregame manip against him for years and he still remains calm.  Has pretty good micro, just hope he doesnt get human yet again.

Cement-: I think is actually the worst of the 4 players.  But he abuses the most OP heroes with moon wells now which is what gives him a chance.  Normally I'd say if it goes 3 hours eshan will win, but tinker/alchy is amazing late game.

Shave: has top notch skill with orc and human.  Typically gets teamed because he has the highest level heroes and most gold.  His provlem.is he let's emotion get to him far more than the other 3 players which affects his gameplay.

Since I believe all 4 have a legitimate chance to win.  I'll just go out on a limb and say.....

Most likely
First: eshan
Second: junker(top score)
Third: shave
Fourth: cement

Second guess for the funs....

First: shave
Second: eshan
Third: cement
Fourth: junker(teamed early)