April 23, 2024, 06:49:12 pm

Author Topic: NE 1st Hero Market Square  (Read 2768 times)

Offline M00se

• Peon
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: M00se#11464
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Undead
NE 1st Hero Market Square
« on: February 28, 2020, 07:30:45 am »
Hi guys,

I've been using Dovekie's NE aggressive strategy in Reforged.

Fast 2 expos > Fast chims > go kill

I'm having difficulty picking the appropriate 1st hero on Market Square.  Rock Golem at the central expansions is hard to creep quickly, and Giant Golems at the edge expansions is almost impossible midgame (chims useless).

Any suggestions? (Besides Tinker)

Offline Leluaami

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Leluaami
  • Race: Night Elf
Re: NE 1st Hero Market Square
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 08:27:03 am »
Tinker is pretty good in market(best for creeping). Other good first heros would be dark ranger, alchemist and demon hunter. For creeping use your aow and make few bears so the big golems are easier. I think you can also build TOL in the corner of a free base slot without aggroing the golems. Its a great help clearing that spot  :icon_smile:

Offline FML|HighTac

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: HighTac
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 08:56:43 am »
I think you can be pretty flexible on Market as elf when it comes to your hero choice.

When it comes to item drops, I'd argue that DH and Alchemist benefit most, but you will require a somewhat efficient creep route and AoW creeping to not constantly run back to your moonwells.

Dark Ranger can creep very well, but I personally don't like her too much on Market, as she can be vulnerable against stacked blade masters and demon hunters (which you often face on Market).

A true old school solution is Panda, Keeper and PotM, but it can be pretty rough to creep your panda on a map like Market if you haven't perfected your creep route yet.

Golem Creeps are no problem if you use an AoW or build a Tree of Life on their high ground, especially with Nature's Blessing. It's also possible without though. I skill treants first with my Keeper regularly for that reason. Something I'm often too lazy for is pulling the golems before creeping them and walking my heroes into their back. Makes it much easier and you won't get bolted as quickly.

Offline M00se

• Peon
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: M00se#11464
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2020, 08:50:52 pm »
Thanks guys!

A couple of bears is an obvious choice but i always forget about them in FFA.

HighTac,  I notice on your stream tonight that you have a FFAMasters overlay (at the top) with player's stats.  Where can i get this?

Offline Dovekie

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Dovekie
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2020, 09:57:34 pm »
I like Tinker first, Panda first, DH first, Alch first, or Kotg first here. They all have their advantages.

I think the most ridiculous thing you can get here is a high level tinker with a blink stick, but a crown of kings on a DH is also pretty cool. Honestly I have seen some really good Warden play here too, as she benefits tremendously from the center of the map—the problem being she is more difficult to use.

Because you have so many different options, I think you should just choose based on the match ups that you see in the loading screen.

x2 human players: Tinker
x2 elf players: DH
x2 UD players: Alch or Kotg into Alch
x2 Orc players: Whatever you want, just don't fall behind in levels.
1 x All races, I'd go Tinker or Alch if the Undead is like DV cause screw dealing with buffed DL / Gargs without transmute. If you are lucky the Undead spawns next to you and you can just walk over to their base and they have nowhere to run, and you can target other races with your first hero.

Offline FML|HighTac

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: HighTac
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2020, 04:57:10 am »
@shaymin https://w3booster.com/
That's the stats overlay