March 28, 2024, 03:03:34 pm

Author Topic: FML goes Battle.net  (Read 5626 times)

Offline FML|HighTac

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: HighTac
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
FML goes Battle.net
« on: April 15, 2018, 05:59:43 pm »
Dear FML members,

Some chaotic days lie behind us and we know that it has been quite a challenge to get FML matches going, since 1.29 was released and players were required to patch back. After some initial hesitancy, we communicated on Friday that the FML standard realm will remain w3arena until further notice. At that point, it wasn’t clear if the further notice would come within a day or two weeks. However, the events since Friday and discussions amongst the admins have led to the conclusion that an immediate transition is inevitable. We rather take the risk of potential bugs and some uncertainties now, than to continue with a situation where the majority of players have to patch around before their matches and “multi-realm confusion”. Most other tournaments and leagues moved to 1.29 already.

All FML matches will be played on Battle.net as of now and the FML community meets in “clan FFAM” on Northrend (we will try to recover clan FML or FFA). This is also meeting point before matches, so we don’t have to occupy the game lobby for too long.

Active bots are noot (London) and accu (Miami). Whoever had access to these niels bots on w3arena, please request access again by writing to niels via Discord.
The player colors black, white, brown (on brown maps) and dark green (on grass maps) are prohibited. Furthermore, there should be no two players with very similar two colors in game (majorly affects the different tones of purple, ocher, salmon and light blue).

We know the change may cause some inconvenience for a few players, but hope everyone is as hyped as we are to experience FFA on 1.29. If you have issues to set up Battle.net again, please check some of the FAQs (e.g. on www.reddit.com/r/WC3/) or contact Ugri via Discord. In many cases, launcher issues can be solved by running it in “admin mode” at all time and removing all other Warcraft 3 instances before it. The mouse curser slowness can be solved by deactivating “vertical sync” in graphics driver settings and running the launcher with the command “-nativefullscreen”.

Apologies for the confusion and us all a great time on Battle.net. The nostalgia is alive!

GL HF
Your FML admin team

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
  • Race: Undead
Re: FML goes Battle.net
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 06:28:47 pm »
FFA and FML clan tag were unavailable? @FML|WorpeX ?

Ugrilainen#3478 on discord for patching issues

Offline FML|Mog

• Global Moderator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Mog[skynet]
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 08:51:57 pm »
@Ugrilainen , yes those tags were already taken sadly :(

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 10:48:55 pm »
FFA and FML clan tag were unavailable? @FML|WorpeX ?

Ugrilainen#3478 on discord for patching issues

Apparently clans disbanding for inactivity feature does not work. No one in the FML Clan has been online is over 1300 days according to bnet.

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 11:25:27 am »
we will surely fix that later 😼

Offline FreeForAllJaod

• Peon
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: http://classic.battle.net/war3/LADDER/war3-player-profile.aspx?Gateway=Northrend&PlayerName=MyMaskOfMadneSs
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 12:17:15 pm »
 :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

Admins pls - let us play our last game on w3arena server !!!

I even not have b.net and not tested nothing from b.net ....

We have good player cast - i mean players who can play on arena

DV-    aarnikratti-     HighTac    Jaod

I just wanna finish my season on w3arena and i not sure about continue play FML anymore cuz - i hate b.net

Offline aarnikratti

• FML Contributor
  • Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: aarnikratti
  • Race: Random
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 02:06:01 pm »
:icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

Admins pls - let us play our last game on w3arena server !!!

I even not have b.net and not tested nothing from b.net ....

We have good player cast - i mean players who can play on arena

DV-    aarnikratti-     HighTac    Jaod

I just wanna finish my season on w3arena and i not sure about continue play FML anymore cuz - i hate b.net

Jaod, go update Bnet! It's good and we also use same familiar Noot bot as on w3a.

Offline FreeForAllJaod

• Peon
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: http://classic.battle.net/war3/LADDER/war3-player-profile.aspx?Gateway=Northrend&PlayerName=MyMaskOfMadneSs
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 02:28:59 pm »
i forgot where is my fucking wc3 discs with fucking cd keys !

i try to find it - i will try aggain tomorrow....

but i dont have money for buying it atm

DV dont care where he play this round

you and hightac ( who both played billion games on w3a not long time ago ) care too much ????

and if i not find way play b.net - you both just sub me - right ?

and aarni- i upgraded this fucking b.net - but dont know when - mb tomorrow - mb in 2 weeks if i not find my disks and just buy that

Offline FML|HighTac

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: HighTac
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 04:14:53 am »
We needed to make a decision to unite the community again and Battle.net was the obvious choice. There are only very few players who can't or don't want to access Battle.net (Jaod and B100).

We can postpone our match if you need more time to set up Battle.net, but it will not be played on w3arena. I don't really know what to say about the key/money situation. It seems a good investment to have original Warcraft 3 keys in general. If there is no way you can bring up the 20 € for the game, please contact me in Discord and we'll find a solution.

Offline FreeForAllJaod

• Peon
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2018, 04:19:08 am »
If we not back into arena for that game  -  i wanna reshedule our match - i wanna train my race with new patch a bit - i think i need 3-4 days after i upgrade my wc3

I contakt you guys when i do it...

Deal ?

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Race: Human
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2018, 06:50:24 am »
@FML|HighTac
1. are the bots still available on arena?
2. Can other players, specifically admins who can host, go back and forth from arena to battle net?
3. For my last match before the final. I have asked players if they can play on arena. Joggel can but the other two havent replied yet. If all of us can play on arena, will it be permissible? Having an admin present with a bot for hosting our game?

I ask this because I still havent been able to get into battle net. In both laptops I have maneged to install wc3 1.29, but the problem is the invalid reign of chaos key, which is weird since I had been using it for the longest time. In fact, just last year when I updated to 1.28 I had no problem accessing all realms of bnet.
Now, when I first run the wc3 Launcher in one of my laptops I did it with some CD keys that were not my own, since mine were lost a long ago, but I had always been using them in copied and pasted wc3 file. So I installed the 1.29 patch and I get invalid ROC keys message which I dont know if it corresponds to my own cd keys from my wc3 file or if it belongs to the other cd keys I had to provide for the wc3 Launcher which asked both Roc and Tft keys for update.
Then, on my second laptop, since the problem on my first laptop was the Roc key, This time I used a brand new ROC key from blizzard and afyer I run the wc3 launcher I introduced the brand new Roc key and the TFT key I also introduced in my first laptop. Once patched to 1.29, guess what it still showed invalid ROC keys. So I think eventhough the wc3 Launcher asks for CD keys to update, it may be still using the d keys from the wc3 file rather than the ones you provide for the update.
Now, I followed vyvianne's guide and removed all possible traces of wc3, although there was some b00000099999xx00 some error which prevented me from fully uninstalling wc3, but there were no wc3 files or game installed.  So with everything wiped in both laptops, I run the wc3 setp up/ Launcher and it run fine, but this time it didn ask me for any cd keys, eventhough all wc3 related files had been deleted, so I got into 1.29, but the problem of invalid Roc chaos perssisted, and this happened in both laptops.
Now wc3arena is asking me to insert a CD or try again, and I cant get rid of this wc3 malware because no matter how many times I uninstall or delete I cant get rid of the invalid ROC message.

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo

Offline Dovekie

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Dovekie
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2018, 12:18:58 pm »
Just more completely remove them from your computer. You can put the w3arena folder on a thumb drive if you want to still have it. Once you do that, uninstall every trace of it and reinstall it with valid CD keys. add/remove program utility, use search function to find everything war3 related, etc.

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2018, 01:05:56 pm »
@ZsSuperCumulo I may know why, lets go discord

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Race: Human
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2018, 09:53:10 pm »
Thanks guys, I was able to get it to work. I had to remove the BattleNet folder from the Program/Data folder. I also removed the BlizzardEntertainment folder and once all trace of wc3 was removed I reinstalled the wc3 set up and this time it worked with the cd keys.

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2018, 04:44:37 am »
nice news

just @QQs with issues now?