April 24, 2024, 02:16:19 pm

Author Topic: S27 Grand Final  (Read 5155 times)

Offline FML|Mog

• Global Moderator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Mog[skynet]
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
S27 Grand Final
« on: May 20, 2018, 07:20:20 pm »
Welcome everyone to the season 27 Grand Final! After a grueling season filled with fight, drama, creep jacks, hoarding, manip, and plenty of new faces, we've finally battled our way to the top 4! So without further ado, meet your contenders for the crown!

First up we have  :Peru: :hu: SuperCumulo; now a familiar face in the upper tier of FML players, Cumulo is trying to win his second FML title, and first in a more traditional, 4 way ffa season. Also the captain of the most recent Team Battle Royale winning team, Cumulo is looking to add to his now growing trophy case. Our #1 seed heading into the final, will our rifle pushing South American  :hu: friend be able to blast his way to the top?

Finishing second in the regular season standings we have a very strong  :Russia: :ud: Qwest. Storming out of the gate, Qwest went a ridiculous 5-0 to start the season (including games won as a sub). However, he has since come back down to earth, finding himself in the final--but not as the seed who gets the map pick. A very experienced and cunning player, Qwest is looking for his first ever FML title. Many times even death can not stop this undead player; as tenacious as they come, he will search for a way to win no matter the circumstances. Will this perseverance finally be rewarded with the FML crown?

Next up we have another  :ud: player  :Bulgaria: JoeyBadass / ObserveAndLearn. Will this Bulgarian powerhouse follow in the footsteps of another Bulgarian  :ud: legend, and cement his place in the FML hall of fame? An all around fierce competitor, Joey has some of the best undead micro we have seen since the vampire Magadansky himself. Respected as a top undead player for a while now, will this be the season Joey finds himself seated in the Lich King's throne?

Last, but certainly not least, we have our semi-final winner  :Germany: :ne: Trunkz. Finding himself as a replacement in the semi-final, Trunkz made the most of the opportunity and now is in the final for the second straight season! Trunkz brings his signature style to this epic brawl, looking to put a lasting mark on the competitive ffa scene forever by notching his name in the hall of fame. Will this be the season for this powerful German night elf? In Illidan, he will certainly trust...

Schedule thread will be up shortly. As the overall #1 seed, SuperCumulo gets to pick the map. Eligible maps must have been played during the course of the current FML season.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 07:23:40 pm by FML|Mog »

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Race: Human
Re: S27 Grand Final
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 10:29:28 pm »
This will be a continental war among the last hope of the Americas vs Europe.

As Mog, one of our spokesman from this side of the continent, has mentioned, these are the characters who will fight for the hall of fame:

Now, as for the map of choice, admins still have to validate my request, but for now I've decided it should be Meson de la Taberna.

Before the start of the season I updated all of my maps, including Meson de la Taberna. I even made a post about it, but I decided to make further changes, specially to the outer city of the map which still looked like it could be improved. From my point of view the map still had a bit of empty space.
The main changes I've made to the map are as follows:
- The first version, and even the updated one before the start of the season, had a map size of 152x152; the latest version has 156x156. This is because there was empty space in the unplayable area and I didn't like it that way so I expanded the bounded area and added more doodads from the palette.

- Since some members gave feedback about the map I  did change some of the creeps from the map, but this change was from the update before the start of the seaso (let's call it version 2 of the map). Now for the latest version (let's say version 3) the changes were only to the outer city of the map or islands since you need a zepellin to get there.

Here are some pictures thatshow the main difference between the first version of the map and the latest update (shown in yellow circles). Just so you know, in case you play human or orc you can build farms or towers in individual locations on these islands (shown with a yellow arrowin the pictures).

Version 1:

Version 3:

Version 1:

Version 3:

Version 1:

Version 3:

Version 1:

Version 3:

As you can see all of the changes are purely consmetic, they were done just to enhance the view of the outer part of the map. Of course there are some places to build isolated farms, but nothing lame like a townhall or mass towers. Even in the version 1 there were these places for isolated farms, but now there are a few more.This has to  do more with the fact that I have to use different types of terrain to make it look natural rather than boring with one or two types of unbuildable ground.

Link to the download the latest version: http://www.mediafire.com/file/7wcvqw20ap2uw2o/%284%29Meson+de+la+Taberna.w3x

In any case, this is all for now and good luck to all participants, may the best win. Finally for good luck I leave you with this:

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo

Offline IWANTWC4

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DONALD-TRUMP
  • Race: Random
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 08:11:54 am »
Good luck cumulo

Make your president proud.

You to qwest....lol.

And Joey cause you're a badass.

Offline ena1337

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: ena1337
  • Race: Orc
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2018, 08:46:58 am »
LOL TRUNKS IN FINALS HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Peregrine
  • Coins: 168
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2018, 04:14:27 pm »
So cumulo updated a map to add more places around the edge where his race (human) can hide farms with a zeppelin. and then chose this map for finals

L O L

season 27: the revenge of cumulo

Offline qwest

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2018, 04:43:39 am »
i hope we will play version 1 of this map
ggc acc bmimbaa

Offline QQs

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2018, 05:06:32 am »
Even tho I like that map, I just wanted to remind the admins, that Noexxx also wanted to choose a Map (Hurricane), but couln't, since it wasn't played in during the season.
"QQs is rly good at doing Mannequin Challenge with his units at his main" DV-

Offline FML|HighTac

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: HighTac
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 05:40:23 am »
Admins will announce the finals map officially and Meson in general is fine, as it was part of the season (map pool). However, we will probably veto the updated version. Changes are not purely cosmetic and even if, I don't think it's viable allow a map update right before the final. Even one changed tree can disable certain creep routes or hiding spots that other players may have planned to use.

Offline IWANTWC4

• Tauren
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2018, 12:07:24 pm »
Admins will announce the finals map officially and Meson in general is fine, as it was part of the season (map pool). However, we will probably veto the updated version. Changes are not purely cosmetic and even if, I don't think it's viable allow a map update right before the final. Even one changed tree can disable certain creep routes or hiding spots that other players may have planned to use.

Hurricane was also part of the map pool.

Offline FML|HighTac

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: HighTac
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2018, 01:35:20 pm »
no, it wasn't. Hurricane was part of a list that I used for my lottery file, not in the actual map pool

Offline IWANTWC4

• Tauren
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2018, 10:09:06 am »
no, it wasn't. Hurricane was part of a list that I used for my lottery file, not in the actual map pool

And during the lottery was it or was it not selected?

Offline FML|Mog

• Global Moderator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Mog[skynet]
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2018, 10:31:45 am »
Please refrain from hurricane island talks. For those of you who are in love with the map I assure you it will be making an appearance in our next event.

As for this season, it was mistakenly placed in hightac's lottery file, and when it was discovered by being selected we immediately removed it acknowledging our mistake. It was not intended to be in the map pool for this season. We apologize for the mistake--however, constantly harassing our current hardest working admin about it will not change anything.