March 28, 2024, 04:29:46 am

Author Topic: Creep ai  (Read 1883 times)

Offline betoon

Creep ai
« on: October 27, 2017, 05:32:39 am »
Few questions about how the creeps behave.

On sunken ruins bm can solo creep natural. If you leave the deepseer alive last it will not attack and just stands there. Sometimes it will summon spawns after a while and sometimes doesnt. How to make sure he doesnt summon anything?

How does creep bloodlust ai work? Sometimes ogre magy/centaur whatever casts bloodlust on everyone and sometimes it doesnt. If youre solo creeping thats big difference.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 07:05:23 am by betoon »

Offline FML|Mog

• Global Moderator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Mog[skynet]
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
Re: Creep ai
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 09:29:51 pm »
I don't know exactly why, but on twilight ruins if you run in and attack the main seer creep at the natural with a melee hero without attacking any of the other creeps there it will just stand there and not use its spells or attack. You can solo creep it like that with a blade or dh (although last game I played on it I couldn't do it with dh for some reason. It would keep attacking me.) On the standard tft version of the map the trick works but maybe on modified versions it doesnt? I do not know. As far as bloodlust goes, as far as I'm aware the ogre magi and the centaur magi will always bloodlust itself first, and then the other creeps if mana/cool down are ready. I believe it bloodlusts in the order of itself --> highest level creep down to the lowest level creep. I could be wrong I haven't studied this it's just what I think when I think back to creeping over many years :)

Offline b100death

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 10:39:49 pm »
even potom 1 lv can creep this spot alone

Offline FML|Mog

• Global Moderator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Mog[skynet]
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 01:09:49 am »
even potom 1 lv can creep this spot alone

Sure but it would take forever haha

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Peregrine
  • Coins: 168
  • Race: Random
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2017, 07:55:43 pm »
the bug works about 75% of the time

2 out of the 8 spots in any given game, it wont work. i dont think you can control this...

but one thing to remember is - if youre killing the creep and its not attacking you, if it turns nighttime while you're fighting it - it will reset and start attacking you

so kill it before night falls - or wait until after night falls