March 28, 2024, 07:57:42 pm

Author Topic: Warcraft 3 Patch 1.29  (Read 11095 times)

Offline ObserveAndLearn

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: jOeybadaSs_
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Undead
Re: Warcraft 3 Patch 1.29
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2018, 10:54:41 am »
hey guys i slept on it and i was thinking :

imagine how much damage your tinker's air rockets would allow your hippos to do vs a garg army when it's stunned ~ 16.2% of the time ?

you cant count that damage.

Tinker is the new panda o_O

this will be the most broken thing we've seen in a while.

Also stunning hawks, lol :D

New elf meta, Panda/Tinker/Kotg

you mean alchemist/tinker/kotg ? :P

Offline Dovekie

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Dovekie
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2018, 11:01:15 am »
hey guys i slept on it and i was thinking :

imagine how much damage your tinker's air rockets would allow your hippos to do vs a garg army when it's stunned ~ 16.2% of the time ?

you cant count that damage.

Tinker is the new panda o_O

this will be the most broken thing we've seen in a while.

Also stunning hawks, lol :D

New elf meta, Panda/Tinker/Kotg

This was my first thought last night, but I thought I'd keep it secret.

One problem though is now you got 3 first heroes that all want levels. Elf also doesn't need 3 counters to Undead—we can already beat them just fine.

Arena is the best platform atm, it saved the game when it was once dying to brazilian hackers and long search times. We should stick with it to support a community of worthy players.

I can't tell if crazy or actually serious.

Cumulo—it's not gonna happen. Just drop it man.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 11:05:04 am by Dovekie »

Offline FML|HighTac

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: HighTac
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2018, 11:08:24 am »
I mostly consent with Cumulo here. Not everyone might agree with all decisions the w3arena head admins made, but it played a huge role in keeping Warcraft 3 alive outside of China for half a decade. I was (and on paper still am) part of the w3arena admin team and know they've invested plenty of time and efforts to administrate everything. Many people seem to think that it's just a click to reset the ladder or implement a new patch, which it isn't.

Ultimately, head admins showed too much ego and too little understanding for the needs of the community. Pro-active and mutual communication never was their strength. Also, after Pad left, there was no more ressource for developments or ladder resets.

We can be happy that there are alternative as Netease and hopefully Bnet again, but I think it's unnecessary and childish to insult w3arena admins and the lag-free platform you were able to play on for years without paying a Cent.

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Race: Human
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2018, 11:23:08 am »
@Dovekie battle net was great from 2005 - 2009/10; after that it became a nest for hackers.
Now, for FML wc3arena works fine, I don´t see why I would come back to battle net when wc3arena delivers a better experience (at least for me).
Initially, in 2012 or 2013 I didn´t like wc3arena because it used bots from the Netherlands or Europe so I had a high ping and wasnt able to play smoothly; so I continued using battle net and putting up with map hackers and disc hackers in bnet tournaments and ladder. I probably stopped playing battle net when after winning 2 games in arrow in 4v4 RT it would take hours to find a game; not to mention teammates would either go afk or simply leave to find games faster. It was basically a shitshow.

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo

Offline aarnikratti

• FML Contributor
  • Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: aarnikratti
  • Race: Random
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2018, 11:30:15 am »
How many of my arguments related to the time when Pad was an admin? None of them. I was talking about the few last years.

I am too lazy to counter-argue to Cumulos message. Anyway, IMO it was as rational as his view about the current FFA Ladder bot which is so freaking good according to him. And about Hightac: I can understand that he always wants to defend his fellow W3A admin buddies.

Offline aarnikratti

• FML Contributor
  • Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: aarnikratti
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2018, 11:40:40 am »

This was my first thought last night, but I thought I'd keep it secret.

One problem though is now you got 3 first heroes that all want levels. Elf also doesn't need 3 counters to Undead—we can already beat them just fine.

You will still need the panda. Alchi/panda/kotg will be the best hero combo.

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Race: Human
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2018, 11:51:18 am »
How many of my arguments related to the time when Pad was an admin? None of them. I was talking about the few last years.

I am too lazy to counter-argue to Cumulos message. Anyway, IMO it was as rational as his view about the current FFA Ladder bot which is so freaking good according to him. And about Hightac: I can understand that he always wants to defend his fellow W3A admin buddies.

Well,  I guess I just have low expectations about this server and the game in general; it´s not like warcraft 3 was released one year ago. Besides, I´ve never really contributed with the admins from wc3arena or Playffa for the betterment of the community so, who the hell am I to critize their work.

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2018, 02:07:26 pm »
1.29 will end w3a if they don't adapt. If W3A updates there is no doubt its a better environment than b.net. If they don't though, I see no reason to keep using it after 1.29 is released unless the patch is released in a very buggy state. Widescreen support, 24 players in a game, balance updates, map changes, CL buffed.... I see only positives over 1.26.

FML/FFA Ladder will utilize the exact same bots on w3a or bnet. There will be no difference in ping.

Offline IWANTWC4

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DONALD-TRUMP
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2018, 03:49:37 pm »
1.29 will end w3a if they don't adapt. If W3A updates there is no doubt its a better environment than b.net. If they don't though, I see no reason to keep using it after 1.29 is released unless the patch is released in a very buggy state. Widescreen support, 24 players in a game, balance updates, map changes, CL buffed.... I see only positives over 1.26.

FML/FFA Ladder will utilize the exact same bots on w3a or bnet. There will be no difference in ping.

If there's no difference in ping why haven't we been doing this all along?   Not getting Instant banned for making a new account is a plus.   I can also play 4s then without having to fucking patch back and forth.

Offline xjaody

« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2018, 12:39:24 am »
 :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

Aarni- , QQs , OBS&L - guys you rly shooked me a bit )

w3arena - is only true way ! becouse b.net DEAD - long time ago and you can forgot about that platform !

Agree with Culo and HT !

I am wasted 6-7 years ( and play shitty ( Dota (Iccup.launcher) and Dota 2 ) ===>

becouse i already can't play more at b.net server - cus that was already dead in 2009 ( Hackers at 1 x 1 , Hackers at FFA .... etc etc )

And b.net had much more ping for me... ( ping usually 62 but feel it like 250 )

When i know about w3arena server and test it - i was shooked too......

this is our only way - as for me

ty
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 12:47:52 am by xjaody »

Offline QQs

« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2018, 03:46:04 am »
Okay, lets try to explain my: "Not to forget that Yosh is a completely piece of shit. Refusing any help and let w3arena die."

I thank Pad (Who was the owner and creater of w3arena) that he put so much effort into the creation of w3arena. I totally agree with all of you that Bnet was dead and poisined by hackers including bad ping and no support from blizzard. This was probably around 2013-14. So yes, w3arena was very important or mb even the reason why w3 didn't die in Europe and US.

The Platform was made for the community and in the beginning they did frequently a ladder reset and changed the map pool, which increased the motivation and competition. More and more players switched from bnet to w3arena and also a lot of people (like me) turned from inactive to active. Everything seemed to be fine, a nice platform, ladder reset, new maps, good ping, bots, funmaps and an active community.

I really appraciacted the work from the admins to ban hackers, which includes for me mh and drop hack or leaving after 2-3 mins in the game. After a while we saw a lot of drama in the forum made by special characters, e.g. Ena & Kodos etc., but those guys weren't mhing, they were trolling, insulting mb they were toxic, but it wasn't nothing new to war3 players, we are all used to that kind of behavior and somehow it also belongs to w3. The Head Admin"Yosh" decided to ban players on his own made rules and sometimes it wasn't even a logical or a pragmatic decision. 

After while Pad decided to stop his engagement, because of RL/Job etc. which is totally fine. Yosh became the new "owner". I'm pretty sure he spent a lot of time into this project, but from my point of view, I didn't see any improvements since he got the ownership. They made lot of anncounments and until now they didn't deliever anything. Yes, maybe it's not easy to do a ladder reset as clueless forum admin, but we have here a community with enough geeks, who can help out. We saw also a lot of players who offered their help in the forum. If Yosh is bored and don't want to put his energy into w3arena, fine, but then he should give the ownership to someone else, who is more motivated than him.

Anyways, he decided to let w3arena slowly die by stopping the support (w3arena has performance problems) and creating a weird ban system. The result of that ban system are longer waiting times for a game.

I see no need to play on w3arena if they can't manage to include the upcoming patch and stop that weird ban system.

Also a good question: If they aren't able to do a ladder reset, will they be able to include the new patch?

Bnet ping is fine and the amount of hackers in ffa bot games are the same, since the bot is cross realm. We also play most of the time Custom/Inhouse games.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 03:51:11 am by QQs »
"QQs is rly good at doing Mannequin Challenge with his units at his main" DV-

Offline FML|HighTac

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: HighTac
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2018, 04:36:10 am »
As said, current head admins have huge egos and showed little interest to involve a new programmer to replace Pad. The pre-ban broke w3a entirely from a community perspective, but head admins say their issues with a certain hacker justifies it.

I don't know if there's anything going on behind the scenes, but I see absolutely no chance for w3a to ever go 1.29. It was already too big of a hurdle to update to 1.27. Since the new patching structure that came with 1.28, I guess w3a would need to be coded from scratch.

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2018, 06:42:05 am »

If there's no difference in ping why haven't we been doing this all along?   Not getting Instant banned for making a new account is a plus.   I can also play 4s then without having to fucking patch back and forth.

Well the #1 reason being the FML/FFA Ladder Bot isn't done being created yet. O_o But W3A has/had better hack detection over bnet and has some bots which are exclusive to W3A which we currently use.

Offline Ugrilainen

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
    • Ugri on twitter
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2018, 11:22:40 pm »
My precious tinker, it finally gets acknowledged.

YOUR tinker?! gtfo.

:)

The difference between my tinker and yours is that you run around dropping factories for hours like a little fagg3t; while I use him in combat, manly way with rockets  :icon_wink:.

:D love that quote!