March 19, 2024, 04:36:51 am

Author Topic: Warcraft 3 Patch 1.29  (Read 11079 times)

Offline j33.

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: j33.
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Night Elf
Re: Warcraft 3 Patch 1.29
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2018, 01:14:30 am »
There will be 24 player support :o
Cant wait to see some full house ffa chaos

Offline QQs

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2018, 02:53:56 am »

I doubt that we get 24 players together :D

mb we should organize a cup for that.

HUGH FFA CUP - 1 Map 24 Players

I'm willing donate my 50 bucks from season 27

Ah, and someone needs to create a 24 player map  :icon_biggrin:
"QQs is rly good at doing Mannequin Challenge with his units at his main" DV-

Offline FML|red7z7

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: red7z7
  • Coins: 284
  • Race: Undead
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2018, 04:52:28 am »
Vampiric Aura: Increased bonus for DL
Level 1: DL 15% to 20%
Level 2: DL 30% to 35%
Level 3: DL 45% to 50%

I think that just means bonus for the dreadlord himself and not units if I'm reading it right

Offline Tyrant66

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Tyrant66
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2018, 05:02:06 am »
The question is, can w3arena use this patch? probably cant so it wont affect us.

Offline IWANTWC4

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DONALD-TRUMP
  • Race: Random
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2018, 06:01:31 am »

I doubt that we get 24 players together :D

mb we should organize a cup for that.

HUGH FFA CUP - 1 Map 24 Players

I'm willing donate my 50 bucks from season 27

Ah, and someone needs to create a 24 player map  :icon_biggrin:

Just even having 24 players in a lobby is great.    Even if it's 8 players we can have 16 obs.    I love it.

Offline IWANTWC4

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DONALD-TRUMP
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2018, 06:03:41 am »
Vampiric Aura: Increased bonus for DL
Level 1: DL 15% to 20%
Level 2: DL 30% to 35%
Level 3: DL 45% to 50%

I think that just means bonus for the dreadlord himself and not units if I'm reading it right

Yes that's how I read it as well.   

Offline aarnikratti

• FML Contributor
  • Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: aarnikratti
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2018, 07:34:03 am »
The question is, can w3arena use this patch? probably cant so it wont affect us.

W3Arena is a sinking ship. FFA will surely start to use the new patch and BNET asap.

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Race: Human
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2018, 09:10:21 am »

W3Arena is a sinking ship. FFA will surely start to use the new patch and BNET asap.

Tyrant is right.
And aarni, why do you dislike arena that much? you wanna go back to bnet and play with hackers?

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo

Offline Dovekie

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Dovekie
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2018, 09:29:16 am »
w3arena was always a crappy temporary solution, because the population will always forever be small on it, and theres never true accountability on a private server.

Offline aarnikratti

• FML Contributor
  • Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: aarnikratti
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2018, 10:03:05 am »

Tyrant is right.
And aarni, why do you dislike arena that much? you wanna go back to bnet and play with hackers?

Why do I dislike Arena?

* W3A admins are completely brainless (what would be better example for this than their autoban system?)
* Low player base mainly because admins had no clue what they were doing (W3A had much potential)
* Autoban system (did i already mention this?)
* Admins have been talking 2 years about the ladder reset but it never happened. Ladder reset is one of the most basic things but they don't even have a coder who could make that happen.
* Ancient 1.26 patch. New 1.29 patch is the final nail in the coffin, nobody wants to play 1.26 after this.
* Very unstable server, it has been down almost everyday lately.

etc. etc.

There aren't even much hackers on bnet. I also trust that Blizzard will make updates for bnet.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 10:05:34 am by aarnikratti »

Offline QQs

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2018, 10:14:29 am »

Tyrant is right.

Why do I dislike Arena?

* W3A admins are completely brainless (what would be better example for this than their autoban system?)
* Low player base mainly because admins had no clue what they were doing (W3A had much potential)
* Admins have been talking 2 years about the ladder reset but it never happened. Ladder reset is one of the most basic things but they don't even have a coder who could make that happen.
* Ancient 1.26 patch. New 1.29 patch is the final nail in the coffin, nobody wants to play 1.26 after this.

etc. etc.

There aren't even much hackers on bnet. I also trust that Blizzard will make updates for bnet.

Not to forget that Yosh is a completely piece of shit. Refusing any help and let w3arena die.

I think cumulo just likes discussions, he is always on the opposite. He still defends cozy fucking sands, even though he made a better map.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 10:16:22 am by QQs »

Offline ObserveAndLearn

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: jOeybadaSs_
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2018, 10:19:24 am »

Tyrant is right.

Why do I dislike Arena?

etc. etc.

Not to forget that Yosh is a completely piece of shit. Refusing any help and let w3arena die.

I think cumulo just likes discussions, he is always on the opposite. He still defends cozy fucking sands.

completely agree with both of you. w3arena helped us get by while hackers are swarming bnet. Every patch on every game blizzard issues takes care of hackers for a while so it's safe to assume we can go back to bnet with the new patch.

w3arena helped ffa survive in a way for sure. but it's still a sloppy solution and i would never join it if i could join a fixed bnet client with 4-way being the default mode and having wins count to my race icons :P and get live statistics on everything that i do ingame,.

Offline ObserveAndLearn

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: jOeybadaSs_
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2018, 10:29:26 am »
hey guys i slept on it and i was thinking :

imagine how much damage your tinker's air rockets would allow your hippos to do vs a garg army when it's stunned ~ 16.2% of the time ?

you cant count that damage.

Tinker is the new panda o_O

this will be the most broken thing we've seen in a while.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 10:31:30 am by ObserveAndLearn »

Offline QQs

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2018, 10:33:51 am »
hey guys i slept on it and i was thinking :

imagine how much damage your tinker's air rockets would allow your hippos to do vs a garg army when it's stunned ~ 16.2% of the time ?

you cant count that damage.

Tinker is the new panda o_O

this will be the most broken thing we've seen in a while.

Also stunning hawks, lol :D

New elf meta, Panda/Tinker/Kotg

Offline ZsSuperCumulo

• Super-Blademaster
  • Ich der Beste
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SuperCumulo@Lordaeron
  • Race: Human
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2018, 10:50:34 am »

Tyrant is right.

Why do I dislike Arena?

etc. etc.

Here is why you are wrong:

- * W3A admins are completely brainless (what would be better example for this than their autoban system?)
--- calling people brainless is not an argument, it´s just your biased personal opinion of what you think of them. Now, personally, I wouldn´t call people who can manage to create another platform identical to battle net in order to safe this game "brainless"; in fact, what they did was the honorable and deserves respect. If you disagree with the direction they took years later, fine, but insulting them like that is just unnecessary. Furthermore, you point out this "(what would be better example for this than their autoban system?) " and later on this "Autoban system (did i already mention this?)". At least explain why this is bad, not just throw it without any grounds.
The autoban system is probably one of thebest things they´ve done since last year. It excludes losers who either hacked or behaved like complete morons during their time in wc3arena. Imagine if some immigrant goes to your country and starts behaving the way he wants, without respecting the rules of your country, shouldn´t he be deported? and shouldn´t your country have a process to avoid any person who doesnt deserve to get access enter your country? Same thing with arena. For example, I´ve managed to get 3 users from other serves ICCUP and bnet get into arena by contacting the admins and following the procedures.
The autoban is rightfully justfied, it keeps dickheads out of the game.

Low player base mainly because admins had no clue what they were doing (W3A had much potential)
--- You do realize those of us who still play this game have been doing it for 10 years or more; hence, this game is for those people who just want to remember old times, jump into arena and play few games a week. It was probably never meant for the platform to expand and get more players, new players. The way I see it it was all about keeping that small group of people alive, probably few thousand players. There is no need to expand and get more players. If you want a huge community with new updates or whatnot, go play Overrated or Wow or some new FPS.

Admins have been talking 2 years about the ladder reset but it never happened. Ladder reset is one of the most basic things but they don't even have a coder who could make that happen.
--- Who cares, it´s not even real ladder where there is a worldwide tournament at the end of the season like Blizcon did. As long as you jump on arena and find a game within a reasonable time, it´s fine really.

Ancient 1.26 patch. New 1.29 patch is the final nail in the coffin, nobody wants to play 1.26 after this.
--- Yeah, I´m sure you were eagered to play the useless 1.28 patch blizzard launched. Now this 1.29 at least has some relevant changes, but who´s to say arena admins won´t include it if they think it´s actually worth it. Personally 1.26 is fine, blizzard stopped caring about wc3 since 2010, you think 1.29 is gonna make any difference, like it suddenly will become battle net from 2007? It´s going to be the same desolated platform filled with hackers where search times are just ridiculous after you win 3 games in arrow.

Very unstable server, it has been down almost everyday lately.
--- Yeah, I bet they have the same resources as facebook or some other major servers to run the platform smooth 24/7. If the server is slow, then play some other time. Whenever I jump on arena, I have no problems with lag; in fact, it´s always running smooth. Only times it crashes is when there are big tournaments and people join in masses, but after 1 hour or so it gets back to normal, so it´s just a matter of waiting.

Arena is the best platform atm, it saved the game when it was once dying to brazilian hackers and long search times. We should stick with it to support a community of worthy players.

«Espero pacientemente el dia que deba mostrar mi verdadero poder» Supremo