April 29, 2024, 11:53:42 pm

Author Topic: ok this is enough for me...  (Read 3986 times)

Offline MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMK

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMK
  • Race: Random
Re: ok this is enough for me...
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2011, 04:53:51 am »
Just destro rush any orc you face.  IF there are 2 orcs, AltQQ.

I have done this actually,
i did a no-altar tech, i build altar, grave etc. during tech,
then i made slaughters, statues, chainmorphed and pushed him,
no way he can have the fortified upgrade at that time...
and yes, i finished him, but that didn't change the fact that i lost to another ud next to me who pushed my base with 100 food gargs immediately after...
so yes, you can finish 1 orc this way but the chance that you will get the win is really low then

apart from that, the matchup is theoretically imbalanced:

destros/wyrms? -> (buffed) wyvern rape them

gargs? -> bats rape them

fiends/abos? -> completely useless against stomp (dont even need tauren)

necrowagon? -> walkers are WAY too imba, they have too high hp and mana pool and hard to kill, even silence does not last long enough on walkers, they have some kind of resistancy against spells like this... they should be like priests imho,
and i didn't even talk about the imba bm ultimate wich rape all your necros in 2 seconds (or if they have a dr than necros are even more useless)

hit and run? -> impossible against orbs of lightning, and if the orc is good everything is linked anyway so you wont be able to nuke something

heros? -> die in seconds against a bm and hexastomp shit

actually i have a suggestion wich could solve this matchup: the problem is, wyvern have their strenght thanks to their buffs (spirit link, bloodlust, healing wards etc), so you need dispell... but undeads only dispell is destros wich get raped against pure wyvern/bats, so it would be nice if destros could re-morph into statues and statues have the ability to dispell too, so you dont need to fly into his air to dispell something

so far the only thing that works for me is something like dk dr pl + casters (curse/cripple/howl/silence everything) because that means they have to dispell their own bloodlust to get rid of everything,
but even then you need a herolevel advantage, invul pots, death pact, you have to cast 20 spells in 2 seconds and you have to kill the walkers fast because silence doesn't last long on walkers... and you have to make sure their heros are silenced in time (especially the bm or you get bladestormed) so its still a hard task to do,
and if they have a dr on their own -> cry whole game about orc being imba and hope the others will help you -_-
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 05:01:08 am by MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMK »

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Peregrine
  • Coins: 168
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2011, 05:15:19 pm »
orc vs UD is known to be imbalanced, but in my opinion thats the only matchup in FFA thats truly imbalanced

on even gold and heroes, any other 1 v 1 matchup is usually decided by skill. only orc vs UD, lowered skill players orc actually beat higher skill UD players most of the time.

the next closest, imo, is human vs elf. thats a pretty hard matchup for elf if the human knows what hes doing

Offline Cheerio

• Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Undelicious
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2011, 05:37:23 pm »
Its physically impossible to get 1,000 APM unless you're hacking. Even most pro players don't even get close to half that. I think the only pro with 500+ apm was Rainbow... but he was only really known for his APM and wasn't actually that good compared to the other pros.

Seriously, you could spam all game and i don't even think you'd get close to 1000. Thats just not humanly possible. Let alone breaking it.
what was that Orc's name - something with Socker locker sokker... something in that direction, he had 600 apm when he started out playing competetively and then he dropped down to ~400-500ish after a while

Offline MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMK

• Grunt
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMK
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2011, 05:28:47 am »
the next closest, imo, is human vs elf. thats a pretty hard matchup for elf if the human knows what hes doing

why?
if i play elf, i have no problems with humans actually,
without tavern in the map it would be hard, but if you take heros like pitlord/panda/alchemist or dh/panda/pitlord or dr/panda/pitlord, it can be really hard for the human cause rof+bof rapes tanks...
btw, without tavern, you can go dh/kotg/potm and go his main and cast starfall/tranquility with ams pots, but of course you need level6+ for that
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 05:30:31 am by MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMK »

L77

« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2011, 12:11:33 pm »
Elf can be a tough matchup for human.  But not too many play elf anymore.