March 18, 2024, 11:19:03 pm

Author Topic: Round 4 Matchups!!  (Read 6964 times)

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Peregrine
  • Coins: 168
  • Race: Random
Re: Round 4 Matchups!!
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2017, 02:57:44 pm »
Fetta Inc. vs Rage Critters vs Free Ena vs Suicide Squad

:TM: M25
:Germany: :orc: MrSweets [Inc]
:Germany: :hu: LssL [Rage]
:Germany: :ne: Trunks [Ena]
:Switzerland: :hu: Noexxx [SS]

Its always sad when the best player in FFA might not show up. And if Noexxx does, will he be in shape? Trunkz seems to be the favorite now. Will MrSweets and Lssl be anything more than tomes and pawns? Could be an easy win for Tiger Trunkz, or will the Swiss God of FFA make a triumphant return?

:DL: M26
:World: :orc: Betoon [Inc]
:Russia: :orc: Airenikus [Rage]
:Austria: :ne: TomToast [Ena]
:France: :ne: Ponty [SS]

Betoon has really failed to impress so far. He seems to understand the game intellectually but it hasnt translated in his play. Airenkus is crafty, Tom can be hit or miss, and Ponty has shown some real fighting skill this season. Anyone can win, but Ponty is slightly better  here.

:DR: M27
:Sweden: :orc: Fetta_ook [Inc]
:Finland: :ne: Aarnikratti [Rage]
:Russia: :ud: Jaod [Ena]
:Germany: :ra: SosoHasRedHair [SS]

I agree that this might be shaves first win - but depends who his first opponent is. If its fetta tome or honor jaod, shave could win it all. If its aarniCRYtti then its anyones game.

:HS: M28
:USA: :orc: IWANTWC4 [Inc]
:Germany: :ne: HighTac [Rage]
:Germany: :hu: QQs [Ena]
:USA: :ra: AlienWareOwnZ [SS]

Well some players just cant get enough of each other. And have very obvious map preferences. Alien is the best player here, but hes playing 3 passive hoarding manippers. Whoever alien tomes first, the other two will team him. He will have to either steamroll them all like the tiger he is, or play a totally different gamestyle to win. Hightac showed some lack of focus near the end last round so maybe QQs or Wc4 can win it all. One of then will hoard 15k+ and despite pregame bullshit, none will suicide

---

Free Agent Squad vs Zig Zag ZIGGURAT! vs Church of Renaud vs Bad Manneroths

:TM: M29
:Peru: :ra: Black-Magician [FREE]
:Hungaria: :ud: Tyrant [Zig]
:Peru: :hu: Zs.Supercumulo [CoR]
:Lithuania: :hu: EvilPeanut [BM]

Will Black Magician fight for the light for FFA in Peru? Or will he join Scumulo's dark forces? Maybe he can bring a good name to the now-tarnished Latin American country that Scumulo has defamed. Evilpeanut showed a new skill to his game last round. So far he has been known for high micro and early aggression, but last round he turned into a patient hoarding manipulator who outsmarted his opponents. Tyrant is always a top player but as we saw last round, humba can destroy him. He will have a tough match with two mass TP, backstabbing humans. In the end I see Scumulo using his Peruvian pawn like a puppet to team out the other players, and then winning with hidden gold.

:DL: M30
:Germany: :orc: Joggel [FREE]
:Sweden: :ra: Junkerzam [Zig]
:Canada: :ne: Renaud [CoR]
:USA: :ne: WRECKTIFY [BM]

This should be a great game to watch. 4 friendly talented players, two champions.Joggel has impressed in two rounda with great battle skills. It remains to be seen if he can put it all together and actually get a win. Will be unlikely for him as he faces three top veterans. Renaud is a threat on big maps, and he thrives in games with other elves, where his macro and strategic play can flourish. Junkerzam is in top shape these days, going two v one and also fighting even with trunkZ. But if he goes Hu he might get teamed out. Wreck needs no introduction, hes a 4 time champ and on top of the standings again. Hard to vote against him.

:DR: M31
:Poland: :ne: Gradient [FREE]
:USA: :ra: Eshan [Zig]
:USA: :ra: Seksi [CoR]
:Germany: :ra: Slythe [BM]

Should be quite an interesting game. Slythe can be very creative and has his own sense of honor. I'm one of the 3 players he suicided in his past 50 games so hopefully THAT doesnt happen. Gradi is ofc a pure macro player, who prefers economy harrass and building kill. He prepares for the late game from the beginning, and never fucking dies. I imagine he will lose his base early but hide around the map to influence the outcome. Seksi is the original serpent, master of subtle manips and critical backstabs that deal killing blows. His micro, at times, is unparalleled (with UD) and he literally wrote a guide on FFA. I often view him as my shadow version, as we both play random and are American old school FFAers. We often tunnel each other and end up both losing the game.

:HS: M32
:Argentina: :ne: Supremo [FREE]
:USA: :ne: Mog [Zig]
:France: :hu: Valefort [CoR]
:Russia: :ne: Dinamo [BM]

Supremo is a robot and ive never seen him win a game. He usually just ruins the chances for the first player he hits. Valefort played emotionally last game and auto suicided the UD, but could flourish here with three elves. Dinamo always starts strong and if he can build up steam he can roll to a win. Mog plays well and should be the favorite, but his tinker wont be useful here. With 3 elves and a human, one wrong move and your base is gone.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 03:11:11 pm by Eshan »

Offline Seksi

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: sEksi
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Random
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2017, 10:09:38 pm »
Fetta Inc. vs Rage Critters vs Free Ena vs Suicide Squad

:TM: M25
:Germany: :orc: MrSweets [Inc]
:Germany: :hu: LssL [Rage]
:Germany: :ne: Trunks [Ena]
:Switzerland: :hu: Noexxx [SS]

I like Noexxx here in a game where Trunks can't get level 5 DH easy through AOW creeping.  Maybe Trunks will play Bear/Dryad and impress.   

:DL: M26
:World: :orc: Betoon [Inc]
:Russia: :orc: Airenikus [Rage]
:Austria: :ne: TomToast [Ena]
:France: :ne: Ponty [SS]

I don't know the players very well but Ponty has become a solid player even if micro isn't quite as good.   I think he should play aggressively with 100 food as these players may not be able to coordinate teaming as wel. 

:DR: M27
:Sweden: :orc: Fetta_ook [Inc]
:Finland: :ne: Aarnikratti [Rage]
:Russia: :ud: Jaod [Ena]
:Germany: :ra: SosoHasRedHair [SS]

Dunning–Kruger effect may factor in here. 

:HS: M28
:USA: :orc: IWANTWC4 [Inc]
:Germany: :ne: HighTac [Rage]
:Germany: :hu: QQs [Ena]
:USA: :ra: AlienWareOwnZ [SS]

These players are all pretty good and better than I thought.  Alien is always solid, gotta go with the Random player love

---

Free Agent Squad vs Zig Zag ZIGGURAT! vs Church of Renaud vs Bad Manneroths

:TM: M29
:Peru: :ra: Black-Magician [FREE]
:Hungaria: :ud: Tyrant [Zig]
:Peru: :hu: Zs.Supercumulo [CoR]
:Lithuania: :hu: EvilPeanut [BM]

Supercumulo has been mad at me for not giving full effort this season.  I expect him to unleash his love-for-USA-from-Peru-wrath and out play Peanut and Tyrant. 

:DL: M30
:Germany: :orc: Joggel [FREE]
:Sweden: :ra: Junkerzam [Zig]
:Canada: :ne: Renaud [CoR]
:USA: :ne: WRECKTIFY [BM]

Junkerzam wasn't mentioned in the Greatest Players Of All Time thread by mistake.  I like Junker and he plays random and isn't too annoying to play against.  Wrecktify is a safe pick but I think his skill level is not too high.  Renaud is a safe pick too.. but its Junker's game!

:DR: M31
:Poland: :ne: Gradient [FREE]
:USA: :ra: Eshan [Zig]
:USA: :ra: Seksi [CoR]
:Germany: :ra: Slythe [BM]

Eshan lives in NY and I know his full name and street address even though he doesn't divulge that sensitive information.  I know where he eats, sleeps, and verbally abuses Fetta via keyboard.  Slythe makes every game fun with his creative but competitive playstyle and Gradient is like a friendly brontosaurus.

:HS: M32
:Argentina: :ne: Supremo [FREE]
:USA: :ne: Mog [Zig]
:France: :hu: Valefort [CoR]
:Russia: :ne: Dinamo [BM]

Mog was another left out of the top players by accident.  He is a perfect FFA mold for these type of games (not with a super micro player like Trunks).  He has average micro which means he doesn't get over teamed, yet understands FFA completely, macro, army composition and gold management.  I will always remember Mog for winning FML Finals against Wrecktify in a game where Wreck confidently (arrogantly?) messaged the observers "this used to be more difficult" before eventually losing to Mog.   

« Last Edit: Today at 08:32:27 AM by FML|WorpeX »

Offline Wrecktify

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
  • Supreme Admin of FML
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SerWrecktify
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2017, 01:33:39 pm »
I like that you yadda-yaddad through the finals game youre talking about, where I crush Mog, the highly-overrated Tyrant, and some other joker who plays orc.
 LEL or something? I cant remember.   

Edit: also mog and tyrant are preteamers. 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 01:35:21 pm by Wrecktify »

Offline FML|Mog

• Global Moderator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Mog[skynet]
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2017, 02:44:12 pm »
Pretty sure Ludix was the orc in that game

Offline Wrecktify

• FML Contributor
  • Blademaster
  • Supreme Admin of FML
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: SerWrecktify
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2017, 03:56:47 pm »
NICE NON-DENIAL OF YOUR PRETEAM!!!!

also you could have said 'generic bat masser' and also been right Moogle.

Also hi! Cast this weekend>???

Offline FML|Mog

• Global Moderator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Mog[skynet]
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2017, 06:08:08 pm »
Nope, I'm out of town tomorrow- next wednesday!