March 29, 2024, 11:11:00 am

Author Topic: Week 2 Matchups  (Read 3033 times)

Offline FML|WorpeX

• Administrator
  • Super-Blademaster
  • Crypt Lord King
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: WorpeX
  • Coins: 100
  • Race: Undead
Week 2 Matchups
« on: November 01, 2017, 11:19:59 am »
Sorry for the late postings of the match-ups!! To make you all feel better, here is a rundown on team scores:

1st: Free Ena - 74pts
2nd: Fetta Inc - 58pts
3rd: Bad Manneroths - 56pts
4th: Rage Critters - 54pts

You can find the full standings here: S26 Full Standings

---

Rage Critters vs Bad Manneroths vs Suicide Squad vs Zig Zag ZIGGURAT

:GR: M9

:Finland: :ne: Aarnikratti [Rage]
:Russia: :ne: Dinamo [BM]
:France: :ne: Ponty [SS]
:USA: :ra: Eshan [Zig]

:SP: M10

:Russia: :orc: Airenikus [Rage]
:Lithuania: :hu: EvilPeanut [BM]
:Germany: :ra: SosoHasRedHair [SS]
:Sweden: :ra: Junkerzam [Zig]

:AC: M11

:Germany: :hu: LssL [Rage]
:USA: :ne: WRECKTIFY [BM]
:USA: :ra: AlienWareOwnZ [SS]
:Hungaria: :ud: Tyrant [Zig]

:GW: M12

:Germany: :ne: HighTac [Rage]
:Germany: :ra: Slythe [BM]
:Switzerland: :hu: Noexxx [SS]
:USA: :ne: Mog [Zig]

---

Fetta Inc. vs Free Agent Squad vs Free Ena vs Church of Renuaud

:GR: M13

:USA: :orc: IWANTWC4 [Inc]
:Argentina: :ne: Supremo [FREE]
:Germany: :hu: QQs [Ena]
:Germany: :orc: Fail.Life [CoR]

:SP: M14

:Sweden: :orc: Fetta_ook [Inc]
:Poland: :orc: dragao [FREE]
:Germany: :ne: Trunks [Ena]
:Canada: :ne: Renaud [CoR]

:AC: M15

:Germany: :orc: MrSweets [Inc]
:Poland: :ne: Gradient [FREE]
:Russia: :ud: Spielmann [Ena]
:USA: :ra: Seksi [CoR]

:GW: M16

:World: :orc: Betoon [Inc]
:USA: :ne: ludakatapro [FREE]
:Russia: :ud: Jaod [Ena]
:Peru: :hu: Zs.Supercumulo [CoR]

« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 03:51:39 pm by FML|WorpeX »

Offline IWANTWC4

• Tauren
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: DONALD-TRUMP
  • Race: Random
Re: Week 2 Matchups
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 12:23:42 pm »

1st: Fetta Inc - 58pts
2nd: Bad Manneroths - 56pts
3rd: Rage Critters - 54pts
4th: Free Ena - 52pts

So I think we should just call it after week 1.  Play the finals now...

You can find the full standings here: S26 Full Standings

---

Got some interesting match ups and now that I've seen some of y'all play.  I'll do some predictions...

I think anyone of the 4 can win this match.  I give Eshan the edge in skill and knowledge but as we have seen he seems to get teamed a lot, if not him then aarni with his great micro.

Shaved is soso I think?  So he will suicide rush and ruin someone's game.  If it's not peanut, peanut should win.

One of the top matches and could be a potential finals preview with 3 of these players.  I give equal chance to wreck alien and tyrant but wreck gets the advantage cause he uses staffs.

They should team.noexxx 3v1 but because he has insane micro even though it's 3v1 he will win.   Then proceed to tell us about his honor.

---

QQs should win.   Extremely big map.  Mass tp and tanks with lots of mines.   He showed us he can hoard really well.
If not him then supremo who is an underrated elf.

2 top notch elf.  Renaud is my guess but I haven't seen trunks play.

I have no idea who will win, unless seksi goes elf which I assume he will.   Then he wins.  Or gets 3v1ed which he should.

I'm going with cumulo because he worships me, I have to....

Offline aarnikratti

• FML Contributor
  • Shaman
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: aarnikratti
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 11:55:14 pm »

I think this map will favor intelligent players with good ffa sense, knowledge about other players gold counts is all-important on this map. Any of these players can fight but the winner will be a player who survive through all these fights. I would say Eshan is the safest bet here because he is very persistent player who won't get defeated easily and who somehow always show up strong in the final stages of the game.

I see this as a long game where people manip and sit behind towers, at least Airenikus and Peanut are usually relying on mass tower play. However, this can be anyone's game but I see Shave as a top scorer here because he is probably most aggressive of these players. Shave will also have great chances for complete win if he can keep his head cool and will not get triggered about "teaming" when someone else than his 1v1-opponent touches him.

This cast has three almost equally favourite players for win. It is interesting to see which races Alien and Tyrant will get/pick: Alien is very solid with every race, Tyrant has recently played a lot with other races than with his best race UD, if he eventually will pick UD for this match, he will have got hard opponent from Wreck whose best match-up is against Undeads. I don't know how good LssL but I know he is an active bot player and will now show his skill in real games. If Im forced to guess one winner here, I would say its Alien because he has been in a really great shape lately.

As always, Noe is the favourite here but he wont get his win easily, he will face experienced and wise players. Mog's Tinker and Hightac's Alchi will be pivotal things late game, and I also expect that Slythe will pick some good anti-Noe hero combo. I think this match will contain a lot of coordinate teaming and stuff because all these players are good with communication in FFA games.

Chaotic game incoming. QQs is probably favourite on paper. Supremo is pretty good fighter as we saw in the first round, IWANTWC4 aka DONALDTRUMP has his chatting skills and Fail.Life has his experience from old FML seasons. I predict that QQs will eventually win after a lot of rebuilding and tunnel vision by every player.

Trunkzz was unbeatable in the first round and I see that same will continue this round. Dragao will be the only player here who has chances to survive till 3 way if he face Trunkzz in first 1v1, if Renaud or Fetta face trunkzz, they can't survive. Renaud did well in the first round but here probably his only chance to win is 100 food chim surprise attack to Trunkzz main. Fetta can actually do some damage too but I don't see him winning here.

Seksi will win. That small map is not good for Gradient, neither for Spielmann, although Spielmann is not a bad player. MrSweets can put up some fight against Seksi but he can't win him. These players are also bad with communicating so I doubt they would be able to put up some coordinating teaming against Seksi.

Cumulo will try to make a fast push on Jaod but probably that will end up as these players just suiciding each other. While Jaod and Cumulo suiciding each other, Betoon will tome ludakatapro and get some good levels which will be enough for win. I really like the attitude of Betoon, he is training with playing inhouse games actively, he improves every game and he is also a likeable person.

Offline FML|HighTac

• Administrator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: HighTac
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 05:26:42 am »

Eshan and Shave dodged a bullet here. Unless Shave delegated his suiciding job to Ponty, Eshan should be the favorite here. But in the end, it's still Gold Rush, usually allowing anyone to rebuild several times if he's in tryhard mode. I hope Aarni is, so he can secure the second victory for our team. I hope he either randoms human, which is his worst race, but good here or NE/UD, the races he's best with.

Very balanced game in my opinion. As usual on Silverpine, spawn positions may have quite a big impact. All players can be quite aggressive early, but I hope Airenikus and Peanut won't be too passive in the later stages, cowering behind their towers. If so, Junker and Shave will have an edge in my eyes, unless the latter switches into suicide mode.

An interesting one, particularly on Anarchy Castle. Anything can happen on this map and races will play a major role. I think it's particularly bad for NE (unless Trunks style) and UD (unless necrowaggons). I can't really figure out how Wreck or LssL are supposed to win here and Alien disappointed me heavily in M8 yesterday. I will put all my gold on Tyrant for that reason. :)

Mog and I will try to keep this a gentlemen's match and prevent Slythe and Noe from turning into rage mode. Noe is the clear favorite here, followed by Mog. Everyone's talking about your tinker Mog, but for whatever reason, I'm never witnessing that. Where is your tinker?

---

How can you not seat Gradi on Gold Rush????? Probably team-internal miscommunication. Please correct this asap! I guess this is the lineup liberal lefty QQs always dreamed of. Annoying no staff Karfal, passive pizza Supremo and Life, who's distracted by the construction side in front of his house.

Again, this match will depend a lot on spawn positions and on dragao's sub (as he will not show). If B100 subs, he will destroy Trunks and secure the victory for Renaud. Else, Trunks takes home his second victory.

This must be another mistake by Free Agents (aka 50% no show and 25% confusion). Even turtle rock crazy would've been a better map for Gradi than this one. If Spielmann with his cool hero combos (big like) can tome Gradi out, this could become an exciting 3-way. Otherwise, it will become a quick (1h in Gradi-terms) 1v1 between Seksi and MrSweets. The latter is more trained in 1v1 and will win.

Most likely the calmest match of this playweek. I've no clue about Ludakata's skill level, but I assume it will be challenging for Betoon and him to stand a chance here. If Jaod manages to prevent Cumulo from hoarding and toming too much, I think he can take home his second victory here. I hope be will see a flashy 1v1 between these two and I want to see necrowaggons! It almost feels as if all necrowaggon players retired or stopped to random undead.

Offline QQs

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 06:16:53 am »

All players have a good FFA sense here, therefore we won't see unorthodox behavior etc. Everyone can win here, but it's Goldshire, that means:

too much Gold

well yeah, if they won't oversee someone's gold amount it will end in a Base Race.

I see here only two clear favorites regarding to the map, that's Eshan and Aarnikratti. I go with Eshan, because he has this talent to come back from really unfortunate situations.

We will see a action packed start and two nice 1n1's. After that, depending who will survive, Airenikus will sit in his base and trying to extend the game to 3h. Peanut probably won his 1n1, but then is overhelmed with the 3 way. Shave will complain that he was surrounded and actually dosn't feel like to play and Junker will do some sneaky slytherin moves. In the end Junker will take the victory, since shave can't manage to win fml games, but I'll cheer for you my german fellow!

Wow, strong cast. Looking forward to see that game. Predection not needed here, just sit back and enjoy.

Since Noexxx has 50% winrate in FML games, I would bet my moneny on him.   It dosn't matter who will survive of Hightac, Slythe and Mog, they will team noexxx anyways.

Will be a nice chat with Donald Trump and Myself. I hope to see Supremo's jaajajaaa.

Ez Katka for Trunks if he will schedule and appear for the match. His easiest tome would be fetta here. If trunks get subbed, Renauld will take the victory. He was even able to win vs MHer Sweet on twilight with his easy relaxed alchi/mk/pala mode. He had only one poor worker in his Base, which build all his t2 buildings. MVP of that twilight game.

Who placed Gradi here? :D

Joad or Cumulo.
"QQs is rly good at doing Mannequin Challenge with his units at his main" DV-

Offline Peregrine

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Peregrine
  • Coins: 168
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 10:18:42 am »
haha aarni - its an old trick to manip in prediction threads against your enemies. have some confidence and vote for yourself

Offline FML|Mog

• Global Moderator
  • Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Mog[skynet]
  • Race: Night Elf
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 02:27:51 pm »

Ponty can probably fly under the radar and grab 60k bank here. I suspect the teaming will fluctuate between Aarni and Eshan, leaving Dinamo and Ponty in more advantageous positions on such a map as this.

I'm guessing Shave will suicide someone each game this season. This game it will be Junkerzam. I pick Peanut to win his 1v1 vs Airenikus leaving him in a great position in a 3 way where one player is suiciding the other  :icon_rolleyes:

This game could be interesting. Really surprised to see Wrecktify here... but I suspect he will make sure the game is over in 30 min with 100 chim wiping out someone's main in the blink of an eye. Of course he will then lose the game with top score and Alien will be the recipient of 20 points.

Of course I'm going to win this game. However, I predict obs chat will be full of Noexxx #1 and Noexxx will die with honor and also 14 points due to top score.

It's weird to see QQs as the favorite in a game (no offense QQs!). Usually he succeeds in the underdog role, so how will he handle being favored? I predict probably well enough to still win  :icon_smile:

There are no winners of this game, only losers. The biggest of which is scheduling responsibility. Depending on the time fetta/renaud select (since they will be the only 2 people scheduling the game), either Trunks will win if he shows up at match time without saying a word prior; or one of the 2 subs comes in and steals the points. Oh, and Renaud will suicide fetta because, yknow, orc n stuff.

I don't care how "rusty" Seksi is, he will win this game. He looked pretty good in round 1 to me too... But Gradient usually has good opening creep routes, so as long as his AoW doesn't kill to many of them he may surprise us on this small map!

I think Jaod and Cumulo will end up in a suicide....but I haven't seen betoon or ludakata play... normally I would say one of them would win because of others suiciding, but in this case i think whoever survives between Jaod and Cumulo will somehow still win. I pick Jaod.

Offline Slythe

• Blademaster
    • View Profile
  • B.net Account: Slythe
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 03:59:06 pm »
 :ne: Aarnikratti [Rage]

Eshan most consistent player here. Will be interesting to see if he picks a race or what race he will random vs most likely 3 elfs.
I really expect aarni to show something since he is talking quite big lately ^^. First round he had good opening but some really bad decision making.
Ponty prolly flies under the radar and Dinamo is the usual enigma.

Usually all players are aggressive pushers except airenikus. ( i guess he plays orc again on that map and not undead like in sympofinal....)
Will come down who can control his 1v1 better and keeping cool, since all players have the tendency to trigger others with either overaggression or retarded manips.

LssL clear underdog here. He is quite good, but maybe is rusty.
Strange map and a lot will come down to what race alien and tyrant will play.
It could end fairly quickly with some1 ramboing or it will be tactical standoff.
Alien and Tyrant are in equally good shape and are the slight favourites here.

Aww, donīt like that matchup too much. But probably the first time i play either of them in FML ( atleast cannot remember possible games).

Looking forward to some crazy high chat output by Noe combined with some nice and aggro human abuse on this map (riflecaster alch/panda push, mass mercs or just mass towers again). He either will try to rush me or Mog out or playing it supersafe and defensively.
Mog usually focuses on me or tunnel visions me for whatever reason, but maybe i have a slight chance this time, cuz he might be hungry to win vs noe after he was close to it first round but kinda messed it up, imo. His return to elf from human last FML season favors him i assume.
Hightac has not too much experience in FML and is the underdog here. Maybe if he can survive until 3way he could somehow make it, or getting ignored in a long 4way and snipe a win somehow. He showed some nice tryhard patience in r1 and might be able to surprise.

Iwantwc4 and QQs are both good sneaky hoarder-style ffaers who are always dangerous. Since elf/hu are seemingly the best races for the map they are my slight favourites here. Although Supremo has a surprisingly well working push elf style who could spoil eitherīs party, but most likely will fold later to the sheer amount of gold he surely will face if he is not playing it more economically than in r1.
Have not seen Fail.Life play in a while, but he amassed enough ffaīs and has good micro, so he probably will play an important role aswell. Kinda open game here.

No one can beat fetta, when he has atleast lvl 6 5 5 heroes with 100 food complete orc army and the others have at best one lvl 5 hero, too bad for him, that only happens twice in a decade. Maybe itīs in r2?
He probably will try to rush renaud out, who knows.
Trunkz and dragao both quite nice micro. Nasty items to stack heroes, so renaud maybe will play human instead of elf.
Itīs either renaudīs experience, fetta sneaky moves or the pure orc/elf force by dragao/trunkz that decide this game.

mr Sweets and gradient know enough about ffa to grab a win here, but the safest pick is maybe seksi. Spielmann can pose a threat to anyone, especially gradient and mrsweets if they are not prepared to an equally early push like he did in r1.
Seksi is overall the best player, so given he is focused on winning, that could be rather easy if two of the others getting stuck in a longer 1v1.

betoon and ludakatapro are quite new to me and i only saw one game of betoon. Hard to predict their game.
Jaod has good micro and nice ud ffa mechanics, but gets often stuck into manip wars or tunneling either way. Cumulo has his style which could turn out to be really effective on the map, given he mixes it up with another early push like in r1 or sympofinal. He will try to take out jaod and then winning the 1v2 against less experienced players.